A decent discount travel site?

Post your trip reports, travel experiences, and updates abroad. Or your expat story if you already live overseas. Note: To post photos and images, insert the image URL between the tags Image after uploading them to a third party site.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

A decent discount travel site?

Post by MrMan »

Someone pointed out skyscanner in a post on here a long time ago. I need to buy a ticket from Asia to a certain city in the US. Skyscanner will give a cheap ticket, but it will put together flights with a one-hour connection time after landing in the US and the next flight. With imigration and clearing customs, that is totally unrealistic. It can take three hours. I've missed a flight before when I had about three hours to connect, too.

I am wary of 2:40 flights through LAX or JFK.

So the problem is, while Skyscanner gives cheap flights, you can't search based on stupid connection times. Some of the other sites do the same thing. I tried Kiwi.com, and it allows an option for connection times, but I don't want three hours on every leg of the flight, just coming in to the US, so I end up with no flights when I use that.

Is there a decent discount ticket site that either won't give junk flights (flights you can't use because of too short of connection times) or where you can control the search based on connection times for individual flights?

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: A decent discount travel site?

Post by MrMan »

Btw, has anyone flown Etihad through the middle east? That's an alternative? Would you happen to know if women who don't wear hijabs get groped on airplanes or at airports in the gulf region? I had a substitute teacher once who said she didn't wear one in Egypt, and men kept coming up and grabbing her, so she carried a hat pin with her, and poked men who did that with the hat pin.