My first Thailand trip - A baptism of fire

Post your trip reports, travel experiences, and updates abroad. Or your expat story if you already live overseas. Note: To post photos and images, insert the image URL between the tags Image after uploading them to a third party site.
Englishjohn
Freshman Poster

Re: My first Thailand trip - A baptism of fire

Post by Englishjohn »

At one time I had hopes for this place, even toyed with the idea of moving here. My mood has changed recently, I'm not sure if I'll be coming back here. I met a guy living in Vietnam and he told me if was much better there. He tried Thailand first and reckons the women were way better in Vietnam. I don't just mean appearance I'm talking about their nature too. Do any of you guys have a view on that ?
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

The general consensus is that most Thai women are not good long-term relationship material, barring the professional class or some Thai-Chinese people.

A better Thai woman would be a more atypical one who doesn't fit in with other Thai women, doesn't like their company, thinks differently from the rest of them, and so forth.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Falcon wrote:The general consensus is that most Thai women are not good long-term relationship material, barring the professional class or some Thai-Chinese people.

A better Thai woman would be a more atypical one who doesn't fit in with other Thai women, doesn't like their company, thinks differently from the rest of them, and so forth.
I think most countries have their share of local misfits and perhaps some of these would be good prospects to bond well with certain westerners.

How are things going w you, yr thai family, and yr school/work? Updates?
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

I'm doing wonderful here. Still with my lady and daughter. I've been learning a lot lately, and have been having in-depth discussions with lots of locals about life and culture around here. Lots of potential trip reports that I could write up.

Northern Thailand has a lot of people from Myanmar, and I've been learning a lot about Myanmar, its people, and culture as well.

How about you Rock?
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

Englishjohn wrote:At one time I had hopes for this place, even toyed with the idea of moving here. My mood has changed recently, I'm not sure if I'll be coming back here. I met a guy living in Vietnam and he told me if was much better there. He tried Thailand first and reckons the women were way better in Vietnam. I don't just mean appearance I'm talking about their nature too. Do any of you guys have a view on that ?
Yeah Vietnam girls are real nice. Polite and friendly and family oriented, they seek love and becoming housewives even though they do study and work quite a lot.
You don't have to peel a lot of layers/snark when dealing with them like with western kunts. People here in general are non pretentious so it's really refreshing.

They are a bit flaky online but you can meet them in person real easy.
I think more thai girls speak english afaik though, so language is a bit of a problem, but not insurmountable.
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?