Sicily, Southern Italy

Post your trip reports, travel experiences, and updates abroad. Or your expat story if you already live overseas. Note: To post photos and images, insert the image URL between the tags Image after uploading them to a third party site.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Sicily, Southern Italy

Post by xiongmao »

Xiongmao is currently in Sicily and so here's a mini-trip report.

The women here are very hot, way better than they were in Barcelona. And there are no foreigners here at all (if you discount the South Asian, Iraqui and African immigrants). I've pretty much got the place to myself, apart from tourist day trippers from the cruise liners who only visit one or two streets anyway, and return to their boat before it goes to their next destination.

There's increasing demand for English teachers here, so definitely consider it if you're wanting to check out the HA lifestyle.

Pluses:

Nice and sunnny.
Hoards of well dressed women.
Very interesting things to see, but they're often hidden away.
Mountains if you like hiking, and sea if you like beach stuff.
Living costs appear low, but it's not as cheap as Spain.
Only 2.5 hours from the UK and a lot of the rest of Europe.

Minuses:

Cold at night.
Terrible traffic.
Lots of poverty - the back streets look more like the slums of Guangzhou than anywhere else I've visited.
Not as much to do compared to places like Barcelona or Rome. Definitely the least interesting place I have visited (but I have been lucky to have visited some amazing places).
Kind of underdeveloped. The locals have got excited because a Lidl (German supermarket) has just opened. Eating options are limited if you don't want to go to a restaurant all the time.
Customer service is pretty awful.
Not much English signage around although if you know Spanish you can get by.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.