Ladislav in Kyiv Ukraine Now

Post your trip reports, travel experiences, and updates abroad. Or your expat story if you already live overseas. Note: To post photos and images, insert the image URL between the tags Image after uploading them to a third party site.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Ladislav in Kyiv Ukraine Now

Post by ladislav »

Wolfeye, none of those physical things would be necessary unless you want to become a trainer.

Banano, I often mention the thing that Anglos and Slavs do not get along ( even though they look kind of similar). What I meant is not get along in their raw form- I always added that.

For example, if you are an Anglo American ( Aussie, NZ, CN, SA) and you go to Japan, TW, Philippines, VN and even Thailand, you will be fascinating to the local people just as you are. Many girls would love to date you to improve their English and to learn about your culture, and, possibly go and live with you in the US -or to have a well provided life in own country. A rich English speaking man is a dream. You just walked off the movie screen.

You won't need to learn the local language or customs- just to have a high status. It's especially important that you have a good job with a good salary, and you will get respect.

Over the years, I have seen such Anglo people live in those Asian countries without learning a word of the local language. They were walking around with a spring in their step, and having a nice wife, big house and great admiration from the community. Damn! And me with my language studies never got the girl they did.

This usually won't fly in Brazil or in most L. American countries where people will speak to you in the local language and want you to adjust.

With Slavs, it's even less so - people will treat you as one of their own because you are not even a gringo or a foreigner- you don't look different to them. This is where the problems start. A dignified, monolingual Anglo is respected by Asians, but not by these people. You will just be some kind of freak to them if you live here or stay here long term, don't speak their language and don't do things their way. It's different if you are a short term tourist or if you come on business for some days. Or if you get together with local English speakers only.

If you want to love a real Slavic girl her way, then you will need to do it on their terms. It starts with buying a book and reading about at least the basic local customs. You can also take a language course online to just get the basics down. Arabs do it very well and are very well integrated now. They love them here because they go local. Africans do the same- they go native and are loved for it. The VNese community here is totally integrated except that they prefer their own for dating or marriage.

But Anglos feel the same about Europeans or Slavs who go live in an Anglo nation- "act American. you freak!" But they give hypocritical condescending smiles to people of color forcing themselves not to be racist.

No problem coming here and dating. Just get a phrase book and also, get a basic book on Ukrainian culture and traditions and you are good to go. Basic Russian language will do in most of Ukraine.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

I am getting really tired here. More so than in the PH. There's too much variety, too many impressions, emotions, too many colors and smells and contrasts. The colors are just too bright. It's all like a carnival.

Today, I went to see the place where my grandparents had a house back in the 60ies, and where I used to spend summers as a small child. It was in the steppes about 40 mts from the city. My little house on the prairie. Literally. Because the steppes are the Old World's prairies.

The house is no longer there; someone had built a new one in its place. There are wheat fields, and then, patches of wild steppe and a pond; and flowers of all kinds- burs and red poppies, and lilacs, and feather grass all around. It's just like America back when there was a frontier. There are unpaved roads leading into more steppe and more wheat fields. The bright sky above. Just like Texas or OK a hundred years ago.

Bright yellow, bright blue, the Ukrainian flag live; anyway, I am back in my apartment and really exhausted. I have had a splitting headache, too. Been taking lots of painkillers.

Today I spoke with a girl, and she told me that homosexuality is starting to take root in the country. She says a lot of guys are going 'blue' - in this country, the color of gayness is not pink, it's blue. She said it was really hard to find a guy now and she was eying me with interest.

Now is not a bad time to be here if you are looking for a GF.
Last edited by ladislav on June 29th, 2015, 6:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Nice! Are you coming to Berlin next, or have you ever been here? It's, er, different here. Is there much street drinking there, or is that wodka territory?
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

ladislav wrote:Today I spoke with a girl and she told me that homosexuality is starting to take root in the country. She says a lot of guys are going 'blue' - in this country, the color of gayness is not pink, it's blue. She said it was really hard to find a guy now and she was eying me with interest.
Now is not a bad time to be here if you are looking for a GF.

sweet
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
Banano
Veteran Poster

Post by Banano »

Becoming a "sponsor" will guarantee a "GF", though ( as it would even in the US). Now there are websites here ( and in the US) where ladies openly look for sponsors.

When I am older yet, and if I am still here, I might consider that route. Here are even ads for sponsorship. They are in Russian, though.

http://bb.misto.su/?tc=9001&sp=1209

When you are older? At 55 you are not a spring chicken :)

Practice of sugardaddying/sponsoring is known as ladislaving, nobody knows who invented is but it was Ladislav who perfected it and took it to the new level, Ladislav - The Socrates of Expatriate Living

Almighty dollar never fails to cream their panties
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

I am still going to be older. At 60, sponsoring is the way to go. At 65, at 70. It's not love but it's the closest you can get to it. Hey, beats being at your local bingo parlor with 65 year old harridans.

Officially, Ukraine, because of the war, is now the poorest country in Europe. Filled with luscious blondes, now is the pickin' time.

Street drinking is only in outdoor cafes. Ukrainians are not big on vodka, it's mostly beer now.
Last edited by ladislav on June 29th, 2015, 6:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

Since I am going to leave tomorrow, I have interviewed people here and made personal observations regarding interracial dating. Do keep in mind that I am not black, Indian or E/SE Asian myself, so I cannot have a first hand account of what it's like to be in a Black, E/SE Asian, Indian body and date here. I did once hug and walk with a blonde 21 year old, and we got some smiles- probably because I looked much older than she did.

The conclusions are these:

Blacks with local girls- doable and seen quite a few. Mostly Africans as in W. Africans. Saw what looked like a black American here with a biracial child- she had beaded braids and was running around happily. Local people were hugging the black American.

Arabs with local girls- a familiar site, people are used to it by now. Arabs all assimilate and get naturalized here. Totally part of the landscape.

Indians/ S. Asians. Saw a couple of those with happy blondes by their side.

E/SE Asians. Interviewed a local Korean but he appears to be gay- he said, no problem with his Korean friends/relative dating local girls. Very few seen, though. There are very few people of "Mongolian race" here. University students said it happens. The barrier seems to be on the other side- these E/SE Asians prefer their own for the most part. Kind of like in the US.

All in all, it seems that in what now is the poorest country in Europe, the luscious blondes who can barely earn $100 a month can't be that picky.

Practicality takes over.

In Odessa and Kiev, there seems to be little racial hostility with most problems happening in Kharkiv and thereabout. But things are changing. The fact that so many black people are supporting Ukraine and dress up in ethnic clothes now in the time of war means a lot. People are grateful. Seeing that black people respect the local culture, but the Russians do not, has improved things for many. On the Maidan, many non Ukrainians/non Slavs died.

If next, some non white people volunteer for the batallions, it will pretty much destroy the racism that is left.

Ultra right groups are still here, but their energy is now directed against Russia mostly. All kinds of Pan-Slavic ideas are dead.

So, now is a good time for all the minority Americans to come here and try their luck.
Last edited by ladislav on June 29th, 2015, 6:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Banano
Veteran Poster

Post by Banano »

Nice one Lad. I like your posts, insightful and balanced with lots of details. You are the one of the very few on this board who dont bitch about american women, at least you are trying.

Where you off to now?S Arabia or philipines maybe
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

God willing, the PH.

I don't bitch about American women for the same reason I don't bitch about Saudi women. They are all off limits so why even waste time on them?
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Post by chanta76 »

Ladislav,

So Russians are more honest and giving in an individual level compared to Ukraine? At the same time if Ukraine if more matriarchy compared to Russian women wouldn't Russian women be better as wife material?
Wolfeye
Experienced Poster

Post by Wolfeye »

Yeah, I remember hearign that Slavics & Latins are a good mix. Same with Anglos & Asians. To be honest, I tend to see this being a bit true. Part of it is the repression that you tend to find with a lot of Anglos & Asians. Slavics & Latins seem to like you to just "spit it out." I know I prefer that & I don't really get the idea of wallowing in problems because you're worried that in a different situation the same action you'd take would cause problems
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

Yes, Russian women would be better wives, definitely. But with the difficulties of going there, omg. Not all Ukrainians are dominatrixes - most just want equality.

And yes, Anglos and Asians ( esp. N. Asians) mix way better. And you never hear of problems with a Frenchman and his Russian wife.

But if you are an Anglo and you still want a Slavic girl, all you have to do is study the culture- read a couple of books or something.
Wolfeye
Experienced Poster

Post by Wolfeye »

Well, my problem is that I live in an Anglo country (the biggest one). That can count against me in more than a few places. I was thinking that somewhere in Europe might work out to be like my "half-way house," that way I'm not seen as an instant dick right then & there if I wind up in Russia. The way things are going, I figure this country will further alienate both Russia & Europe. I figure it'd be a good idea to get out before it's more of a problem to do so than it is now (apparently there's some kind of bullshit fee if you renounce citizenship & they still try to get you to pay taxes if you keep citizenship). Really, where the f**k do these people get the idea that they have so much say in how they live their lives?

Another thing is that even if you do cut anchor, they still chase you across the world with all the shit they start & all the activities in different broad groups that they are a member of. I get to thinking that a collapse scenario wouldn't be so bad, except that they'd probably manage to f**k things up for other's even while dying. I just had a moment where I got a good grasp on the concept "no taxation without representation." I'm sick of this f***ing place making demands & trying to get its wants fulfilled. I'm tired of it thinking "exercise of freedom" means "vitiation of others." I'm tired of it declaring all it's actions "self-defense," too.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

Please do not overestimate the problems. Being from the US does not count against you except in N.Korea or Iraq, maybe. I was just referring to the lack of interest in the culture and that one should at least read a book or two.

Expatriation and abandonment of citizenship is not necessary for most average people and the US Embassy usually worries about the super duper rich folks only. I would start getting ready and taking things one at a time and deal with them as they come.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on February 15th, 2020, 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.