Xiongmao Goes to Europe

Post your trip reports, travel experiences, and updates abroad. Or your expat story if you already live overseas. Note: To post photos and images, insert the image URL between the tags Image after uploading them to a third party site.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Xiongmao Goes to Europe

Post by publicduende »

xiongmao wrote:I've not updated this report for a while but here goes....

I've been in Barcelona for nearly a month now and have enjoyed every minute of it. Sure, it doesn't offer the dating opportunities for a Western dude that Asia does, but the nightlife, food and culture here are just awesome.

It's pretty telling that of the 40+ CELTA students I've met now, almost all want to carry on living here.

I partly bailed out of China because of the poor quality food, so it is a pleasure to live somewhere that food is seen as a religion. If you doubt me, well then you've never tried Iberian acorn fed ham...

I went to the Joan Miro museum last week. The guy was a creative genius and had no match in Asia. Modern day Barcelona carries on his legacy, from witty street art to amazing shop window displays.

I've met a lot of people from other countries who are enjoying their own Happier Abroad experiences. It is kind of weird to think I went to Asia so many times, and yet I had all this cool stuff right on my doorstep...
Completely agreed. Can't wait to be there in May.
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Re: Xiongmao Goes to Europe

Post by eurobrat »

xiongmao wrote:I've not updated this report for a while but here goes....

I've been in Barcelona for nearly a month now and have enjoyed every minute of it. Sure, it doesn't offer the dating opportunities for a Western dude that Asia does, but the nightlife, food and culture here are just awesome.

It's pretty telling that of the 40+ CELTA students I've met now, almost all want to carry on living here.

I partly bailed out of China because of the poor quality food, so it is a pleasure to live somewhere that food is seen as a religion. If you doubt me, well then you've never tried Iberian acorn fed ham...

I went to the Joan Miro museum last week. The guy was a creative genius and had no match in Asia. Modern day Barcelona carries on his legacy, from witty street art to amazing shop window displays.

I've met a lot of people from other countries who are enjoying their own Happier Abroad experiences. It is kind of weird to think I went to Asia so many times, and yet I had all this cool stuff right on my doorstep...
How long are you there for?