Trip report on returning back to the United States.

Post your trip reports, travel experiences, and updates abroad. Or your expat story if you already live overseas. Note: To post photos and images, insert the image URL between the tags Image after uploading them to a third party site.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Trip report on returning back to the United States.

Post by zboy1 »

I've decided to chronicle my feelings of returning back to the US for a few weeks; I will be visiting family and relatives, while I wait to get a new Visa to get back to China.

I know many expats discuss the feeling of dread and reverse 'culture shock,' coming back, so I want to post what my experiences would be like. ...

In the past, I've been overseas for an extended period-of-time and returned (such as when I was in the military stationed in the United Kingdom). But, in that case, I was also in another Anglo country, so it wasn't as big of an adjustment coming back like I suspect it will be coming back from China. (Although, even then, I dreaded coming back to the U.S. of Gay).

I remember back then, coming back and almost getting into a fight with this di*kwad customs official at the airport. and the rude treatment I received at the hands of JFK employees--especially the immigration officials.

Also, the rampant racism and racial divide in the country--absolutely, just blew me away; you can practically feel it...the first time coming back from abroad.

Also, the hideous obesity of Americans was a problem--even back then. LOL! It was disgusting to say the least. ...

Anyway, I suspect I will get depressed coming back here, so...I figure why not have a little fun and post things about returning to the U.S. for a brief time.

I wonder how I will feel coming back from China, the first time seeing all the dumbasses and scumbags at my local Walmart, and dealing with nasty American people again?
zacb
Experienced Poster

Post by zacb »

Keep us posted. Ought to be interesting.
The Daily Agorist, Learn to Live Independent of the System! http://www.theagoristreview.blogspot.com
The
Junior Poster

Post by The »

Looking forward to it...
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

JFK sounds like a worst port of entry than Miami-Dade is.
The last time I've come back from the Dominican Republic,
it wasn't as bad as the first time I had gone through there
where they a.ssumed I was an illegal Dominican trying
to come illegally to the U.S. of Gay.

From hereon out, I will try to return via DFW, which seems nicer,
even though some Chicanos and Tejanos that work there are bigots.
steve55
Junior Poster

Post by steve55 »

Also, the hideous obesity of Americans was a problem--even back then. LOL! It was disgusting to say the least. ...
Lol, isn't it shocking compared to where you just came from? lol. I hear about it from newly arrived foreigners here in the US all the time. But what is truly hilarious is when the new movie Godzilla came out, the Japanese people were laughing at the new American version of Godzilla due to how fat he was. They were saying he looked like a giant cute marshmallow. Lol. Most Japanese commented that Godzilla had been on the American diet of pizza and sodas for too long lol. And for those of you who've seen the new Godzilla, they are so right. Lol. Godzilla does look like a fatty rather than a scary monster from the deep.

I think that America's obesity epidemic is so subconsciously sinking into our subconsious minds that it even affected the Hollywood Godzilla screen writers who made him to be too fat. lol. Ya know, the first thing that people think about now days when they think "America" is fat people. It's kind funny and sad at the same time. Will Americans ever care enough to demand changes to our toxic food system? No, because the fact is, I know and see every day that most Americans don't care. Actually, there are many news articles that talk about the fact that Americans don't care about being fat and obese. I don't know about you but to me, that's slothenly to allow yourself to become that way and to not demand change in regard to our food supply. (Yea , yea, I know people can escape it by cooking every meal at home, but that's not realistic and can't be the sole solution). Even the bible talks about your body as a temple that you should care about and take care of it.

This statement will piss a lot of people off who don't want government in our lives for anything, but I would vote for government controls such as outlawing most junk foods and "supersize me" sodas (like NY mayor bloomberg tried to do). We outlaw drugs don't we ? We outlaw drugs because why? Well, because they destroy and kill people, well folks, so does out toxic processed food supply!! It's not only fast food, even expensive restraunts use processed food and ingredients that cause obesity , the food source is unnatural, like GMO's (Frankenstein foods) that Europe and even china bans us from exporting to their countries. etc.we have to protect ourselves from ourselves and that's where government needs to step in. I bet China's communist party wouldn't hesitate to do this if their nations populace was getting sick as obese as Americans are. It bothers me a lot that Americans dont care. It really irks me to be honest. Oh, by the way that reminds me, I hung out with Kai a few Saturday nights ago at a bar in Greenville ave (I heard that there are two Kai's here at HA, so to clarify which Kai, I hung out with the Kai from Dallas. Anyways, and when I commented to him that I was impressed by his bar of choice because most of the women there were thin there, he sort of jumped on me like "man Steve, you have problems with fat people, don't you"? Lol. I explained it's not a problem directly with any individuals per se, it just pisses me off in general . It's no different to me than if we were living in a society where 70% of the populace were drug junkies abusing their bodies and their minds and their life. Wouldn't that sort of irk you having to live among a society like that, to have to see a society not caring or demanding change, a society that just accepts being fat? Well, I don't care if bothers some people that I have this view as I do, I think from a moral stand point, I'm absolutely justified to be bothered by a society that doesn't care about abusing their health or doesn't care that their society's food supply is crap, (processed and unnatural) I think it's just plain slothenly, and a sin to not care. We should not only watch what and how much we eat, but also demand that our elected officials do something about it!!We're being poisoned by our food supply and dieing younger. So as a nation we will simply remain a slothenly fat and lazy people and continue to be the butt of jokes by foreigners abroad. Americans , too lazy too act. Too lazy to care. Ok, I'm off my soap box for now. Lol
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Oh are you in for a shock. After a while, you will feel sooooooooo lonely here. Even if you have a social network though, the friends you have here do not feel very close or deep.

The vibe in the US is so empty, depressing and meaningless. There's nothing to do for a single guy. And there's nothing to do everyday except go to strip malls and shop. There is no human connection and no feeling of closeness with others. Everyone feels so distant and cold. No romance, no flirtation, no eye contact from women. Only snobby spoiled shields around them and "I'm too good for you" looks on their faces. There is simply no way to fulfill your romantic and sexual desires. And in fact, you are not even supposed to have romantic and sexual desires. You are supposed to work, consume and have a family to raise. Otherwise, you are out of place.

After a while, it feels soooooooooooooooooooooo damn lonely. And you have to work to suppress your loneliness. It's so sad and terrible.

Even if you have friends here, they do not feel true or deep or close. You might as well enjoy the beautiful nature in America. There's nothing else good about it. Unless you get off on going to strip malls and shopping everyday, which only leaves you flat and dissatisfied afterward. Consumerism does not fill the soul.

I've talked to many immigrants in America during the last few weeks on my road trip and they all agreed with me about America. They agree that by coming to America, you trade your freedom, happiness and soul for money and comfort. It's not a good trade, unless you are very materialistic and do not care about your soul. (I do)

Here's something interesting:

Chinese people who have never been to America think Americans are very open and expressive, because that's the image Hollywood presents of Americans in movies.

But the Chinese immigrants who live in America do not describe Americans as "open" at all. They describe Americans as fake and selfish, and only care about themselves. They say that in America, friendships are not true and families lack closeness. And that the American smile is plastic and superficial, and that it masks a cold distant interior personality.

I've talked to Chinese restaurant owners and they told me these things. Yet I don't know why they come to America.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

Winston wrote:Oh are you in for a shock. After a while, you will feel sooooooooo lonely here. Even if you have a social network though, the friends you have here do not feel very close or deep.

The vibe in the US is so empty, depressing and meaningless. There's nothing to do for a single guy. And there's nothing to do everyday except go to strip malls and shop. There is no human connection and no feeling of closeness with others. Everyone feels so distant and cold. No romance, no flirtation, no eye contact from women. Only snobby spoiled shields around them and "I'm too good for you" looks on their faces. There is simply no way to fulfill your romantic and sexual desires. And in fact, you are not even supposed to have romantic and sexual desires. You are supposed to work, consume and have a family to raise. Otherwise, you are out of place.

After a while, it feels soooooooooooooooooooooo damn lonely. And you have to work to suppress your loneliness. It's so sad and terrible.

Even if you have friends here, they do not feel true or deep or close. You might as well enjoy the beautiful nature in America. There's nothing else good about it. Unless you get off on going to strip malls and shopping everyday, which only leaves you flat and dissatisfied afterward. Consumerism does not fill the soul.

I've talked to many immigrants in America during the last few weeks on my road trip and they all agreed with me about America. They agree that by coming to America, you trade your freedom, happiness and soul for money and comfort. It's not a good trade, unless you are very materialistic and do not care about your soul. (I do)

Here's something interesting:

Chinese people who have never been to America think Americans are very open and expressive, because that's the image Hollywood presents of Americans in movies.

But the Chinese immigrants who live in America do not describe Americans as "open" at all. They describe Americans as fake and selfish, and only care about themselves. They say that in America, friendships are not true and families lack closeness. And that the American smile is plastic and superficial, and that it masks a cold distant interior personality.

I've talked to Chinese restaurant owners and they told me these things. Yet I don't know why they come to America.
The problem with mainland Chinese people is that their very 'ethnically-insecure,' meaning they always see themselves and their country, as somehow being inferior to White people. This inferiority manifests itself in how Chinese people seem to lack pride in their country, in the way Chinese females view themselves as unattractive, or how the Chinese think all Western countries are somehow 'paved with gold.'

It really gets annoying sometimes. Smh...

Koreans are total opposite: meaning Koreans are very prideful people, and some outright reject Western culture and ideals. But, sadly...that isn't the case with the newer generation of Koreans there. (Yuck!) Their just as Western as Asian American's. (Double Yuck!)

Some Chinese people do get it, and would never want to immigrate to the USA, or another Anglo country, but for most people there...
it's impossible to tell them that the U.S.A is crap, until they go over and see for themselves. Then they will believe me. LOL!
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Isn't is strange how when you go outside in America, you see so many guys who look depressed and hopeless, like they have nothing to live for and are running on fumes? And you see so many young women with spoiled, rotten, snobby looks on their faces that say "I'm too good to acknowledge your existence. Don't talk to me." and have bitchy antisocial vibes.

Yet you see so many immigrants want to come to America for "a better life" and you wonder WTF?!
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

E Irizarry R&B Singer wrote:JFK sounds like a worst port of entry than Miami-Dade is.

JFK is a sh*thole. It's like coming back to a Third World country--filled with Third World people and a Third World airport. Most of Asia's airports puts it to shame. ..
KokujinKrusader
Freshman Poster

Post by KokujinKrusader »

Winston wrote:
Money, of course. You can charge five times as much for xiao lom bao, and thus make a fortune. I'll probably feel cheated every time I get Chinese food in America from here on out.
KokujinKrusader
Freshman Poster

Post by KokujinKrusader »

zboy1 wrote:
E Irizarry R&B Singer wrote:JFK sounds like a worst port of entry than Miami-Dade is.

JFK is a sh*thole. It's like coming back to a Third World country--filled with Third World people and a Third World airport. Most of Asia's airports puts it to shame. ..
Yup. I've only been to three Asian airports, but compared to LAX and even SFO, they are much cleaner, have better-looking people, and they don't rip you off with food.
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

zboy1 wrote:

This is the only time I'll agree with Joe "The Mangina Budden" Biden; he too feels that JFK looks like a 3rd-world s.hithole of an airport.
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

KokujinKrusader wrote:
zboy1 wrote:

Yup. I've only been to three Asian airports, but compared to LAX and even SFO, they are much cleaner, have better-looking people, and they don't rip you off with food.
Dude, you will never see a steward on foreign flights (okay one time I met a male steward on a Santo Domingo-to-Miami-Dade flight), but 96 percent of the time it's women in skirts. Yet when flying domestically, there are non-domesticated-looking s.hitty-shaped fem-hags as stewardesses and glorified gay stewards. I see why some MGTOW, Roosh V'er's, and HA members rather switch from "PC" to being a pimp MAC-spoofing daddy. #IJS
MrMark1972
Freshman Poster

Post by MrMark1972 »

To the OP...I feel for you man.I cant wait to get away from Canada...same shit as the US of Gay...As one BM said in a post "All we do in North America is work,talk about work,sit in traffic or shop at the mall....And as Winston pointed out many times,if you complain of lonliness and sexual unfullfillment then you are seen as a loser.
green1976
Freshman Poster

Post by green1976 »

Winston wrote:Isn't is strange how when you go outside in America, you see so many guys who look depressed and hopeless, like they have nothing to live for and are running on fumes? And you see so many young women with spoiled, rotten, snobby looks on their faces that say "I'm too good to acknowledge your existence. Don't talk to me." and have bitchy antisocial vibes.

Yet you see so many immigrants want to come to America for "a better life" and you wonder WTF?!
That's life..when the media have promoted the US as the American dream where you can be rich in your lifetime and you are struggling to even have a meal back home,that's easy for the US to be seen as a paradise.
But for us here it's not the case.
We are raised in the US and in the Western world in general.
We acknowledge the basic need like food and shelter are essential but are not everything.
Life is not only a mechanic sleep,work,take a dump and eat existence.
Having real human connection,women who doesn't feel to rule the world having the entitlement attitude treating men like shit show us it's a fundamental right to look for a better life even if this imply to have less access to material facility.