The start of a new life in Lithuania

Post your trip reports, travel experiences, and updates abroad. Or your expat story if you already live overseas. Note: To post photos and images, insert the image URL between the tags Image after uploading them to a third party site.
***JP***
Freshman Poster

The start of a new life in Lithuania

Post by ***JP*** »

Well 8 days ago I arrived here in Lithuania and so far everything is going really well. I went to the immigration office to get my appointment to get my residence permit card. When I arrived here family and friends greeted me at the airport and already friends told me they will help me find a job. So I can say I'm settling well here. Sometimes I do get a little home sick but then again who doesn't when starting a new life? My wife and her family have been doing everything possible to make my transition go well. One thing is for sure it's great to be with my wife and to have a fresh start in life.

Will be posting more status reports as time passes. One thing I can say for sure is that this new beginning is life changing in the most positive way.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

Congrats on your new life, JP. Best wishes to you, and if I drop by Lithuania one of these days, I want to meet you and your wife, haha...
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

I am glad to hear things are going well for you JP. Congratulations on your new life and new wife! :D
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
magnum
Junior Poster

Post by magnum »

Fantastic, we need more of this.

Great news, Enjoy your new life, it's refreshing isn't it, you must be feeling some seance of relief!
Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster

Re: The start of a new life in Lithuania

Post by Teal Lantern »

***JP*** wrote:Well 8 days ago I arrived here in Lithuania and so far everything is going really well. I went to the immigration office to get my appointment to get my residence permit card. When I arrived here family and friends greeted me at the airport and already friends told me they will help me find a job. So I can say I'm settling well here. Sometimes I do get a little home sick but then again who doesn't when starting a new life? My wife and her family have been doing everything possible to make my transition go well. One thing is for sure it's great to be with my wife and to have a fresh start in life.

Will be posting more status reports as time passes. One thing I can say for sure is that this new beginning is life changing in the most positive way.
Good luck, JP. 8)
не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

One thing I love about Lithuania is that everyday feels like Christmas there. I mean there is this cheerful holiday vibe that's there everyday. It's hard to explain. You have to be there to sense what I mean.

Why don't you and your family go to the coastline of Klaipedas? I'm sure there are nice beaches and cottages there.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
***JP***
Freshman Poster

Post by ***JP*** »

Thank you all for the good wishes and I hope the new year encourages more of you guys to head abroad to start your new lives. Merry Xmas to you all.
***JP***
Freshman Poster

Post by ***JP*** »

Winston wrote:One thing I love about Lithuania is that everyday feels like Christmas there. I mean there is this cheerful holiday vibe that's there everyday. It's hard to explain. You have to be there to sense what I mean.

Why don't you and your family go to the coastline of Klaipedas? I'm sure there are nice beaches and cottages there.

Already been there and also we went to Nida and the Curonian spit where it divides Lithuania and Kaliningrad. But my favorite place is Palanga. One funny thing though. This winter hasn't been very strong cause temps have been in the 40's F
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

Congrats and best wishes. Please keep us posted.
MarkDY
Freshman Poster

Post by MarkDY »

Good luck JP. A friend on mine met a Lithuanian women in Ocean City, Maryland. He is going to spend the summer with her in Lithuania.
quito
Freshman Poster

Post by quito »

wow.. being that i am 1/2 Lithuanian and have extensive family there, i do everything i can to stay away from those crazy people.. lol. anytime i see someone acting stupid in public in the usa i surmise there is a really high probability that they are Lithuanian. its amazing how many times i have been right.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

I wish you all the best in your new country.
Killhoffa
Freshman Poster

Post by Killhoffa »

Congratulations, for being a real example! Pure motivation!
A WOMAN'S THOUGHTS DO NOT DEFINE A MAN; NOR DO HER EXPECTATIONS DICTATE HIS LIMITATIONS!