Winston's Parents' Trip Report from Japan

Post your trip reports, travel experiences, and updates abroad. Or your expat story if you already live overseas. Note: To post photos and images, insert the image URL between the tags Image after uploading them to a third party site.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

I don't know much about it, but my understanding is that the Japanese military in the '30s cultivated a culture of blood-thirsty ruthlessness. I had not thought this necessarily extended to Japanese civilian culture.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

In general Japan is a nice place for living, I am living here since 1976, originally from Europe. No intention to go back to my native country.
Luc Furr
Freshman Poster

Post by Luc Furr »

A tourist never gets to know the real Japan. It is completely different from how it appears but really that is true of all countries, isn't it. I guess we could say the same about people.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Yohan wrote:In general Japan is a nice place for living, I am living here since 1976, originally from Europe. No intention to go back to my native country.
Are you or have you been married to a Japanese lady?

Do you socialize with Japanese folks while speaking Japanese?

Or more with mixed couples, expats, etc?
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Jester wrote: Are you or have you been married to a Japanese lady?

Do you socialize with Japanese folks while speaking Japanese?

Or more with mixed couples, expats, etc?
I am married to a Japanese woman since 1976 and we have 2 daughters, and I was living before together with a Malaysian Chinese girl for a few years around 1972.

Yes, I speak and read Japanese fluently, but I am a white man from Europe, not of mixed race.

I am quite busy, not retired yet, time is always a problem. Yes, I have some contacts, not so much however, with Japanese people, and also with some other expats, mixed couples, this is mostly related to my job and people I know from my workplace and hobbies like radioamateur (mostly technicians from USA) - but most contacts I have with Philippine people, as I support my Filipina fosterdaughter since over 10 years.