Meetup with Dianne and Angelo

Post your trip reports, travel experiences, and updates abroad. Or your expat story if you already live overseas. Note: To post photos and images, insert the image URL between the tags Image after uploading them to a third party site.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

I guess I'll defend Mr.S here by stating that my personality coincides with his; in another words, I'm often perceived as cold, insular, unsmiling and unfriendly. It's not that I'm not friendly, it's just that my personality doesn't exude warmth and fake happiness. I hate people like that...

I can't help it--it's just the way I am. No matter how much I try to change, I can't. So, why bother? If people perceive me that way--what can I do? If I rub people the wrong way...I'm sorry, I don't do it on purpose!

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Mr S
Veteran Poster

Post by Mr S »

zboy1 wrote:I guess I'll defend Mr.S here by stating that my personality coincides with his; in another words, I'm often perceived as cold, insular, unsmiling and unfriendly. It's not that I'm not friendly, it's just that my personality doesn't exude warmth and fake happiness. I hate people like that...

I can't help it--it's just the way I am. No matter how much I try to change, I can't. So, why bother? If people perceive me that way--what can I do? If I rub people the wrong way...I'm sorry, I don't do it on purpose!
Thanks for identifying with what I've generally had to deal and go through with my entire life. Although I have learned how to control and manipulate how I am perceived by others, sort of acting on cue if needed, I prefer to just go with the flow with more of a neutral behavior pattern when I feel I can get away with it, which often gets perceived as being negative, stand-offish, cold, impersonal, etc by people who think everyone has to act like an extreme extrovert all the time with artificial niceties and smiles just to make them feel comfortable. I'd rather much be true to form and present myself as being genuinely happy then putting in effort all the time with fake personality changes just to make others feel more comfortable in my presence. This is one reason why being in alien cultures that have little relation to Western ones can be a God send for individuals like us or with dominant Introverted personalities. You can get away with what is considered anti-social behavior in non-Western societies because the people in general just think your weird or different to begin with. One can't really get away with it in the Philippines however cause they are sort of a blending of East and West. So if you are introverted then you get harassed almost as much as in your home country with having to act extroverted all the time or you aren't considered to be having a good time or happy. It's annoying but tolerable since they don't constantly get in your face about it like Westerners would.
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.
kai1275
Experienced Poster

Post by kai1275 »

Mr S wrote:
zboy1 wrote:I guess I'll defend Mr.S here by stating that my personality coincides with his; in another words, I'm often perceived as cold, insular, unsmiling and unfriendly. It's not that I'm not friendly, it's just that my personality doesn't exude warmth and fake happiness. I hate people like that...

Thanks for identifying with what I've generally had to deal and go through with my entire life. Although I have learned how to control and manipulate how I am perceived by others, sort of acting on cue if needed, I prefer to just go with the flow with more of a neutral behavior pattern when I feel I can get away with it, which often gets perceived as being negative, stand-offish, cold, impersonal, etc by people who think everyone has to act like an extreme extrovert all the time with artificial niceties and smiles just to make them feel comfortable. I'd rather much be true to form and present myself as being genuinely happy then putting in effort all the time with fake personality changes just to make others feel more comfortable in my presence. This is one reason why being in alien cultures that have little relation to Western ones can be a God send for individuals like us or with dominant Introverted personalities. You can get away with what is considered anti-social behavior in non-Western societies because the people in general just think your weird or different to begin with. One can't really get away with it in the Philippines however cause they are sort of a blending of East and West. So if you are introverted then you get harassed almost as much as in your home country with having to act extroverted all the time or you aren't considered to be having a good time or happy. It's annoying but tolerable since they don't constantly get in your face about it like Westerners would.
I just finished reading what you posted and you just spoke the f***ing truth about Winston and his fanatical illogical ravings and kept it real in the process. If he thinks his perceptions of people are the only truths in this world, he has a long road ahead to go. It's like talking to a wall. He is starting to sound more like RooshV lately and people have been posting articles from Roosh that are well written, regardless of if you agree or not. What's next? Obama opening detention camps? Some creepy shit.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

So if I introduced you to Dianne and Angelo you'd just ignore them too? If not, why are you defending his rudeness?

How would you feel if you introduced your woman to me and I didn't even say hi or acknowledge her existence? What if you introduced your son to me and I ignored him?

Would you be ok with that and not see it as rude?

Maybe you don't like social contact. But I do, at least with good people.

Don't you think Mr S was presumptuous for assuming that Dianne was a bad girl not worth talking to, simply because all the Filipinas he knows are like that?

Is Mr S blameless in your eyes? Do you want to know something he said that was horrible beyond words?

If he murdered innocent people, would you defend him too? Do you care about right and wrong?

You don't have to exude fakeness here. This is about basic civil manners. Please answer my questions above without dodging them.
Kai1275 wrote: I just finished reading what you posted and you just spoke the f***ing truth about Winston and his fanatical illogical ravings and kept it real in the process. If he thinks his perceptions of people are the only truths in this world, he has a long road ahead to go. It's like talking to a wall. He is starting to sound more like RooshV lately and people have been posting articles from Roosh that are well written, regardless of if you agree or not. What's next? Obama opening detention camps? Some creepy shit.
Are you batshit insane? We gotta talk. I want to know if you're even a real person, nevertheless a Christian. PM me your Skype username or phone number.

How am I illogical or fanatical for telling the truth? How can you compare me being truthful and fair to Obama's detention camp? Are you stoned?! Seriously.

I am not like Roosh. I am FAIR and JUST. I don't ban people on this forum for unjust reasons or think that majority=right like Roosh does.

I'm seriously beginning to question your sanity or honesty. No one I know in real life would defend bad people and attack good people. That makes you evil in a way, so it's ironic that you claim to be a Christian.

Please answer these questions without dodging them:

How would you feel if you introduced your woman to me and I didn't even say hi or acknowledge her existence? What if you introduced your son to me and I ignored him?

Don't you think Mr S was presumptuous for assuming that Dianne was a bad girl not worth talking to, simply because all the Filipinas he knows are like that?

Is Mr S blameless in your eyes? Do you want to know something he said that was horrible beyond words?

If he murdered innocent people, would you defend him too? Do you care about right and wrong?

Bottom line: Mr S is a guy that is ok as a buddy to other guys. But he treats women like shit. He knows it. That's the type of guy he is. No decent woman is going to want to be with someone like that. It's obvious and a no brainer. He doesn't connect with women or enjoy their company beyond sex. That's the kind of guy he is. Most people don't like guys like that. Are you like that too, Mr. Christian Kai?

If not, then why do you defend him and why do you attack good honest people? Aren't you a hypocrite for calling yourself a Christian? No Christian I know would condone what you do.

Ask yourself, why are all his experiences with Filipinas so negative? Why is he so jaded? How come I'm not that jaded toward Filipinas? How come I have way more positive experiences with them than he does?

I have nothing against him. He can do whatever he wants. But the truth is the truth. 2+2=4. I don't lie. He is what he is. I'm not going to sugarcoat it. I've told the truth and have my integrity and honor intact.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
kai1275
Experienced Poster

Post by kai1275 »

Winston wrote:

So if I introduced you to Dianne and Angelo you'd just ignore them too? If not, why are you defending his rudeness?

You don't have to exude fakeness here. This is about basic civil manners. Please answer my questions above without dodging them.
Kai1275 wrote: I just finished reading what you posted and you just spoke the f***ing truth about Winston and his fanatical illogical ravings and kept it real in the process. If he thinks his perceptions of people are the only truths in this world, he has a long road ahead to go. It's like talking to a wall. He is starting to sound more like RooshV lately and people have been posting articles from Roosh that are well written, regardless of if you agree or not. What's next? Obama opening detention camps? Some creepy shit.
Are you batshit insane? We gotta talk. I want to know if you're even a real person, nevertheless a Christian. PM me your Skype username or phone number.

How am I illogical or fanatical for telling the truth? How can you compare me being truthful and fair to Obama's detention camp? Are you stoned?! Seriously.

I am not like Roosh. I am FAIR and JUST. I don't ban people on this forum for unjust reasons or think that majority=right like Roosh does.

I'm seriously beginning to question your sanity or honesty. No one I know in real life would defend bad people and attack good people. That makes you evil in a way, so it's ironic that you claim to be a Christian.

Please answer these questions without dodging them:

Bottom line: Mr S is a guy that is ok as a buddy to other guys. But he treats women like shit. He knows it. That's the type of guy he is. No decent woman is going to want to be with someone like that. It's obvious and a no brainer. He doesn't connect with women or enjoy their company beyond sex. That's the kind of guy he is. Most people don't like guys like that. Are you like that too, Mr. Christian Kai?

If not, then why do you defend him and why do you attack good honest people? Aren't you a hypocrite for calling yourself a Christian? No Christian I know would condone what you do.

Ask yourself, why are all his experiences with Filipinas so negative? Why is he so jaded? How come I'm not that jaded toward Filipinas? How come I have way more positive experiences with them than he does?

I have nothing against him. He can do whatever he wants. But the truth is the truth. 2+2=4. I don't lie. He is what he is. I'm not going to sugarcoat it. I've told the truth and have my integrity and honor intact.
I agree with only the perception stuff he said. I apologize if I was not clear about that earlier. I'm not going to answer any of those trivial questions you asked and I could care less about anything else Mr. S has to say outside of the stuff I said I agreed with him about. I have usually never agreed with anything he has said in the past and he is far from one of my fav posters here, but he isn't lying about your circular logic. It's f***ing absurd.

You can call my phone some other time when you stop being angry. I got other things to take care of tonight. I'll send you my number tomorrow.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Please answer this question Kai. I'm serious. I insist on an answer. If you can't answer a simple question like this, then there is definitely something wrong with you. Honest people don't dodge simple questions.

Question:

One more question:

If there's nothing wrong with Mr S, as he falsely claims, then how come most guys have very positive experiences with Filipinas in the PH, but he has highly negative jaded experiences? It can't be all because of the girls. His personality flaws are a major factor too. You can't deny that.

PS - Mr S has said things so bad, worse than you can imagine, that I would never even post them here because they are too awful. People would be horrified. But if you want to know by PM... maybe I will tell you. But he is a LOT more sociopathic than you think. You'd be shocked if you knew the kind of things he's said before. Defending him makes you look really bad bro. Seriously. I had hoped you had some self-respect or decency. Maybe I was wrong.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: citizenship laws?

Post by momopi »

Winston wrote: Plus, if Angelo comes to the US, who is going to raise him here? I'm not going to stay here and be miserable and depressed everyday. It will ruin my mental health. I'm not alive here and can't come out of my shell. And my parents want to live in Taiwan cause they have free healthcare there.
So, where do you want to go?
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

Guys we all need to chill out. I guess a lot of us are just too shell shocked with all the weird experiences we've had that we all need to polish our social skills.

For example, I used to hang out with a bunch of lesbians in AC whose company I thoroughly enjoyed and we had known each other for a long time. Some people did not think they were worthy companions for me, or to be invited to decent gatherings, but I liked them and they liked me.

And sometimes we say things or do things that we don't really mean. I've done things like that, learned from them and moved on. So, let's take each other's advice, chalk it up with experience and be civil next time. A lot of is are still young and can change.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

Rock wrote: Yea, and when I was staying in Daly City just south of San Francisco, I saw Filipinos everywhere. There is something I really like about certain areas in California. It's like, you've got access to all kinds of amenities from various Asian cultures, can meet the people from those cultures and live side-by-side with them, but enjoy the luxuries and convenience of a US lifestyle.

Here in Taiwan, we've got tens of thousands of Filipinos, Indonesians, Thais, and Vietnamese, mostly working either in factories or as care-givers. Of course there is also a big group of Vietnam women who are here as spouses of Taiwan men. But the former categories are not considered part of the society, just here to work for a few years. Some do manage to naturalize though. BTW, some of the factory workers don't have a bad deal - minimum pay of nearly NT$20,000, accommodation, broker fees of just NT$1,500-1,800 per month, 1-3 days a week off, health insurance, and some annual leave plus National Holidays.

IMO despite the numerous Vietnamese residing in Taiwan, it's harder to find a decent Pho place in Taiwan than LA/OC. Certain Taiwanese pho places actually use Chinese rice noodles to fake it. X_X Central Vietnamese noodles like Bún bò Huế and dishes are even harder to find.

Rock wrote: Taiwan's industry has already hollowed-out. Majority of production moved to China long ago and over 1 million of some 23 million Taiwan nationals reside in China. But, like Japan, there is still wealth here. And much of the ownership of those China plants remains in the hands of Taiwanese. It's hard to see an interesting future for Taiwan economically. Like Japan, it's a shrinking country demographically and economically.
When I worked in the MRO industry, I was told that tools and manufacturing equipment made in TW is considered good quality and ranked #2 behind Japan. IMO some Taiwanese are pessimistic and don't like to buy "Made in Taiwan", yet in foreign markets like US and Canada, we actually think their stuff is pretty decent. Made in TW machinery is also looked upon favorably in Vietnam (my uncle worked there).
Mr S
Veteran Poster

Post by Mr S »

Ha, Ha now I am labeled as a crazy sociopath who has had only jaded experiences with women and treat all women like shit. Very subjective reasoning there. As I predicted in previous posts Winston will keep upping the ante to get positive or negative responses to boost more attention, whether he is correct or not. Remember everything he says is pure subjective reasoning on his part and in the real world, not the Happier Abroad online forum, would these kinds of statements hold little validation without some kind of physical proof and multiple credible witnesses that have had extensive personal contact with me over a period of time, not casual meet-ups for a few hours at a time.

Actually, depending on the cultural indoctrination one has had not greeting a women or not doing it properly may or may not be considered rude. In many non Western cultures, especially Middle Eastern cultures and other dominant Islamic ones, not recognizing a woman's presence is quite normal. If you placed a woman on a pedestal just initially greeting one, you may be the one who is considered the weird or rude one. So just because your Western values force you to feel socially obligated to act in certain ways towards women doesn't mean myself or others have to follow. I've specifically chosen to expat myself from having to worry about and perform specific cultural and social obligations. Meeting Westerners who try to force me to continue being under those obligations could be also seen as rude or insulting depending on one's sensitivities. I personally don't care one way or the other but bringing up the fact that you are creating fabrications of my character based on your own opinions is what is the main issue here.

Btw, if I was such a hated scumbag by women why am I still in the back of some Filipinas minds from years ago? I recently received an email out of the blue from a Filipina I had met years ago when I first came to the Philippines so this would be maybe 2005 time frame.

This woman would only be considered average looking IMO, but had an amazing mind and intelligence that is rarely seen in the Philippines. Of course they all want to get married so if one does not and you allow them to move on, they will. This one did, met an American, got married, moved to America and I thought that was the end of it.

So here is the email:

Hello XXXXXX,

It has been forever, I wonder if you even remember me. It's been years since we last talked. So many things happened (good and bad things). Few of them is that I got my own business now, got my US Citizenship and I'm working on my divorce.

How have you been? You ever came back here? Got married yet?

It is 4:30AM, I can't go to sleep no matter what I do.. So I thought I'd say hello old friends that I haven't talk to in a while. I am hoping to get a response from you.

Stay safe.

C......

Now one thing I do have to say is that one needs to be very careful marrying a Filipina or other nationality and moving her to your own Western country, especially if they are smart and crafty. This one knew what she was doing, she is not a bad girl but only the right guy that can keep a short leash on her would be successful. Now she will be Queened and crowned by the American divorce system and be entitled to a decent side salary and material possessions because of who her husband was. Not bad, the American dream is alive and well for some more than others, especially smart minority women.

Actually, I have little idea as to why I would still be on her mind after all these years unless it had to do with the various advice I gave her and how much of what we discussed about America, Americans and how things work over there came true. I'll contact her back just to see what she wants but she isn't on my "get back with her list." This is also a good example of what sometimes happens to Western men looking for love overseas and bring them back to their home country, but really don't know the woman deep enough to deal with her in the long run. A Woman has to respect a man to treat him well, if they don't they will walk all over him, at least most Western women will.
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.
Mr S
Veteran Poster

Post by Mr S »

ladislav wrote:Guys we all need to chill out. I guess a lot of us are just too shell shocked with all the weird experiences we've had that we all need to polish our social skills.

For example, I used to hang out with a bunch of lesbians in AC whose company I thoroughly enjoyed and we had known each other for a long time. Some people did not think they were worthy companions for me, or to be invited to decent gatherings, but I liked them and they liked me.

And sometimes we say things or do things that we don't really mean. I've done things like that, learned from them and moved on. So, let's take each other's advice, chalk it up with experience and be civil next time. A lot of is are still young and can change.
Not to necessarily put you on the spot, I think you are the only person on this forum that has had any extensive personal time with me outside of the forum and we are not talking about casual few hour meetups here and there.

Just a simple YES or NO answer would suffice as it's not prudent to get into details about all this nonsense, but would you agree with Winston's character assessment of myself based on your own personal experiences with me, discussions and various what not's?

You should be considered by all as a viable neutral party who most posters on this forum would know and respect.

So this can either validate Winston's claims that his written word on this forum is as good as gold, for all with eyes to see or it just reiterates in conjunction with others postings when there are disagreements regarding his judgement calls that he is living in a world of manufactured self-delirium, under his own fabricated auspices.

Once again I am not claiming to be better than Winston or Superior in my judgement, I'm not into Ego bashing. As I have stated previously all personal experiences are subjective. I am calling him out on inaccurate biased character assassinations, which he loves to take part in and has done to others on this forum which are then backed with obtuse facts and evidence, thus creating more disharmony than harmony on this forum. Which of course he denies is actually occurring in the first place, naturally.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Meetup with Dianne and Angelo

Post by Jester »

NICE job, Falcon.

+10

BTW Angelo liking the map makes me think he will be a traveler like his dad. I agree with whoever said he looks like his dad. Good looking boy.
Falcon wrote:
I just met up with Dianne and Angelo in Pampanga, Philippines.

..........Dianne does know about this thread, and of course she doesn't like how people here are constantly ridiculing her. She sticks to posting in the ladies' forum, which she moderates, but doesn't post on the guys' forum.
Dianne reads HA?????????????? :shock:

Falcon wrote: Winston, maybe you should come back to live in the Philippines and move Dianne and Angelo over to Baguio? That would be much better than an isolated although convenient life in Las Vegas.
Yeah he is getting GROUCHY in Vegas
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Rock wrote:
Repatriate wrote:
Winston wrote: But why would I want to make him a US citizen? First, there is a risk in that the US government could force me to pay unreasonable amounts of child support and get on my case. I don't like government interfering in private life.
I think before he turns 17 or so you should definitely make him a U.S. citizen. It's a big leg up in the world especially coming from the lower end of the economic scale. By that time he will have developed his own personality and life. At least give him the privileges of being a U.S. citizen but it doesn't mean he has to live there if he doesn't want to. The economic advantages are undeniable.
In the Philippines, people say that they're unhappy because they don't have enough money, yet they LOOK and ACT happy, cheerful, joyful, playful and have relaxed smiles. In contrast, in the USA, people say that they're happy, yet they LOOK and ACT depressed, grumpy, angry, irritable, deflated, tired, stressed, paranoid and unfriendly.

Figure that one out if you can.
It's a cultural thing and when you have nothing to lose sometimes you are more happy about it especially if all you got is human capital in the world..ie. family and friends. I think Americans replace genuine social and human contact with materialism, work, and the internet.
1. If you believe even a fraction of a lot of what Taco posts, USA will be a hollowed-out third world shithole before then, lol. Seriously though, it's not as easy a choice as it may first seem. Once become a USA citizen, you get locked into system which has some real disadvantages:

a. You get taxed on worldwide income - no exemption on investments and a current $92,000 exemption on earned

b. You are locked into yearly reporting requirements on financial assets with very harsh civil and even criminal punishments if you get caught not complying

c. If you get married anywhere in the world to a national from almost any nation, she can later pursue you for alimony and/or child support in the USA federal and perhaps state court systems. Globally, USA has stronger enforcement arm than about any other nation.

d. A very high percentage of investment and even commercial banks outside of USA will not allow you to open an account with them or if they do, may subject you to very high with holding from all dividends, interest, and capital gains earned.

2. Why not instead just naturalize him as a Taiwanese? Most of the disadvantages above would not apply and as a travel document, a Taiwan Passport is becoming very convenient with visa free/visa on arrival/electronic visa travel to around 130 countries including USA, Australia, New Zealand, Japan, SP, and most western European countries plus an advantage for long term stays in China. Taiwan has a first world life style and infrastructure with a lot less of the cultural dark and ugly side of USA.

Very sound advice.

I wouldnt want to have JUST a passport from a poor country like the Phils, but having Taiwan ALSO would be perfect. For example, if the Phils are scrutinizing cash transfers, or the US is, you know that Taiwanese will still have their accounts in Labuan or Singapore or Hong Kong and do whatever they want.

Freedom is a precious thing.

Angelo wouldnt have to necessarily LIVE in Taiwan, it's just a better travel passport than the Phils.
Last edited by Jester on September 18th, 2013, 3:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

momopi wrote:
I'd also add that there are pre-existing Filipino communities here in the US, i.e. Cerritos California. We have um, at least 4 or 5 Filipino supermarkets in Cerritos that I can think of, plus Jollybee, Red Ribbon, Goldilocks, numerous other Filipino restaurants and stores, etc.
So Angelo could experience the wonderful life of an Asian boy growing up in America? That many here complain about? Hmm.

I would think, to quote Milton, " 'tis better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven." Better to be the Chinoy King of AC, than one more Flip in LA.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Winston wrote:
The Taiwanese Embassy said that a DNA test would be required for a child born out of wedlock, and the test would have to be done at St. Luke's Hospital, which would cost 60,000 pesos.
People pay $100,000 USD for a second passport from a useless little country like Dominica.

So a Taiwanese passport for 60,000 PH pesos is the cheapest second passport anywhere.

Seems kind of dumb not to snag it for him. I bet your parents would proudly pay for it, too. :wink: