Winston's Travel Updates in the Southwest USA

Discuss nature, animals, wildlife and ecological issues. Share your nature photography and videos. Talk about hiking, camping and exploring national parks.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Pinaylover wrote:Head north across the golden gate and visit the Muir woods, the redwoods there are 100's of years old. very spiritual experience

Think the forest moon of Endor...
I know. I've been there plenty of times when I grew up in the Bay Area. I love the redwoods. The smell of redwood trees is very rejuvenating and makes me feel like I can walk there forever without getting tired.

Why is it that when I walk in the mall, I get tired after 20 minutes, but I can walk in the redwoods forever without getting tired?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Pinaylover
Freshman Poster

Post by Pinaylover »

maybe its their energy
I love Girls & Ladyboys and I really don't give a f**k what you think about it.

awww huhu Joe Mag Kano. Buffalo sick, send money!!!!
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

I forgot to tell you all, I drove back to Vegas just before Christmas. It's nice to have my own space again.

The drive here from the Bay Area was easy until I got to Bakersfield. After that it was pretty stressful and dangerous. Highway 58 which connects Bakersfield to Interstate 515 in Nevada should not be driven at night. Many sections of it are on a two way lane that's curved, so at night you have many glaring headlights coming at you at 60 mph in close proximity on a curved road. It's very risky and hard to see, especially with the many glaring headlights and curved road. One little mistake or miscalculation and you could have a fatal head on collision. I hate two way highways like that. They are very scary and should be illegal.

I don't understand something. How do most people drive without nervousness or anxiety? I mean, driving with lots of cars around and aggressive drivers, is like playing Russian roulette. It involves risk and danger. People die everyday from traffic accidents. So how do others do it without any fear or stress?

Also, how do people drive aggressively or speed without fear of the fatal consequences? I don't get that. In the movie "Star Trek: Nemesis", Data told Captain Picard while he was trying in the dune buggy, "Captain, I've never understood the human propensity to pilot vehicles at unsafe velocities."

To Momopi:

You misinterpreted me before. I do not lack driving skills. I have a clean driving record, and have lots of experience. It's just that I have a phobia of speed and quick movement around me, such as the impatient aggressive drivers around me and being surrounded by so many cars. Plus, as a thinker, I overthink every little move which makes me nervous.

Also, the car I'm driving is like steering a boat. It doesn't maneuver as well as my original car, a Geo Prizm, did. That makes me nervous too because I don't feel that I can control it as well. Moreover, I haven't driven much since 2006 before I moved to the Philippines, so I'm not as confident in driving as I used to be.

I also play driving video games well and can beat many skilled players at games like "Grand Turismo". So I have very good reflexes and coordination. I was also good at that Atari 2600 game called "Night Driver".

The only area I lack skill in is parallel parking and I also cannot back into a parking space the way a lot of people can. I have a hard time seeing behind me or in reverse.

But you can ask Rock, who has rode in my car many times. He can vouch that I have solid safe driving skills.
Last edited by Winston on January 13th, 2014, 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

Winston wrote: You misinterpreted me before. I do not lack driving skills. I have a clean driving record, and have lots of experience. It's just that I have a phobia of speed and quick movement around me, such as the impatient aggressive drivers around me and being surrounded by so many cars. Plus, as a thinker, I overthink every little move which makes me nervous.
We share the road with some 200 million licensed drivers in the US. Dealing with road hazards and aggressive drivers is part of your driving skills or skill-set. Professional instruction may help remedy some of your issues.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Hi all,
I'm heading to New Mexico on a road trip tomorrow morning. Do any of you live there?

I figured that before I leave the US, I ought to do what I came for, which is to see the beautiful nature in the US that is unparalleled anywhere else. If I don't, I will regret it and feel foolish after I leave for wasting such an opportunity. The nature here is very spiritual and gives you clarity of mind, especially if you are in it alone. Try it sometime and you will see what I mean.

I'm also tired of being trapped in a house everyday, which feels suffocating and imprisoning, and I am not a city person either. The city feels toxic and doesn't match my vibe, especially US cities. Technically, I'm free here, so I don't understand why I haven't been taking advantage of my freedom. I guess when your circumstances are free, then your mind becomes your own prison. lol

I want to go to New Mexico because last time I was there in 2006, I only went to a few towns and didn't see much else of it. So it is part of the Southwest that I haven't explored much yet. It has nice yellow desert landscapes, cheaper motels and cheaper Mexican/Southwest cuisine too.

Along the way, I will try to visit the UFO museum in Roswell, the Los Alamos science center, and the mysterious town of Dulce, which paranormalists claim has aliens living underground. lol. And some desert canyons, monuments, Native American ruins, white sand dunes and Carlsbad Caverns as well.

Momopi, where is the place where they detonated the first atomic bomb in 1945? Is it open to the public? lol

Coming back, I will try to drive through some parts of Arizona I haven't seen yet too.

Is this a good idea?

eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

Go to Santa Fe. My favorite southwestern US city.

Best Mexican food I have ever had.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

I've been to Santa Fe. The Spanish architecture is very pretty there. And the SW food is great. I may stop by but my main interest is in nature and rural areas.

Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Winston wrote:Hi all,
I'm heading to New Mexico on a road trip tomorrow morning. Do any of you live there?

I figured that before I leave the US, I ought to do what I came for, which is to see the beautiful nature in the US that is unparalleled anywhere else. If I don't, I will regret it and feel foolish after I leave for wasting such an opportunity. The nature here is very spiritual and gives you clarity of mind, especially if you are in it alone. Try it sometime and you will see what I mean.

I'm also tired of being trapped in a house everyday, which feels suffocating and imprisoning, and I am not a city person either. The city feels toxic and doesn't match my vibe, especially US cities. Technically, I'm free here, so I don't understand why I haven't been taking advantage of my freedom. I guess when your circumstances are free, then your mind becomes your own prison. lol

I want to go to New Mexico because last time I was there in 2006, I only went to a few towns and didn't see much else of it. So it is part of the Southwest that I haven't explored much yet. It has nice yellow desert landscapes, cheaper motels and cheaper Mexican/Southwest cuisine too.

Along the way, I will try to visit the UFO museum in Roswell, the Los Alamos science center, and the mysterious town of Dulce, which paranormalists claim has aliens living underground. lol. And some desert canyons, monuments, Native American ruins, white sand dunes and Carlsbad Caverns as well.

Momopi, where is the place where they detonated the first atomic bomb in 1945? Is it open to the public? lol

Coming back, I will try to drive through some parts of Arizona I haven't seen yet too.

Is this a good idea?
GREAT idea.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Damn. I just wagered with Falcon that you wouldn't leave Nevada in 2014.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

xiongmao wrote:
Damn. I just wagered with Falcon that you wouldn't leave Nevada in 2014.

:lol:
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

I'm in Arizona now. It's nice here. There's lots of nature and it feels more relaxed here. I'm staying in a small town. The cars in small towns are not in a rush to get somewhere like they are in cities. I wonder why. lol. People are more relaxed in small towns too.

But have you noticed something? It feels weird to travel alone in America. Everyone is in a group or couple. No one travels by themselves in America. That makes it hard to enjoy nature.

Every girl you see is with her boyfriend or husband. It's like no one is available for you in the romance department in America. Everyone already has someone. lol. Great (sarcastic). You gotta go to a hostel to see people traveling alone.

Also, if you are a guy by yourself in America, you are seen as creepy and potentially threatening. You have to be in a group to look safe. That's why Americans, especially women, only like meeting people in groups. America is all about groups. So much for individualism. Yeah right. What a myth. Everything in America feels so damn cliquish.

Right now I'm eating this salt water taffy shit that I got in a touristy gift shop. Why are these things so common in American touristy shops? They are so damn addicting. Almost every food in America is overloaded with sugar. No wonder why Americans are the fattest and sickest people in the industrialized world.

You gotta wonder if all the excess sugar in everything is due to the greed of the food companies that want to sell more food. Or due to the Illuminati wanting to make Americans sick, fat and f***ed up in the head to keep them dumbed down and docile so they don't unite and revolt. It's hard to say.

Anyway, I was talking to my friend Mitchell earlier, who also has a deep soul like me. We both noticed something deep and sad in America:

Have you noticed that if you have a romantic and deep soul in America, you are out of place, out of date, and invalidated? It's really weird. Everyone else seems soulless, hollow and zombie-like with no feeling. (It's also hard to be romantic when women see you as asexual and not in their league.)

Also, have you noticed that when you walk into a store and the staff says "hello" or "how are you doing?" it sounds really fake and forced. There's no true feeling or intention in it.

It's so invalidating that it makes you feel like you want to get away from people and withdraw. Authentic people must suffer a lot internally in America from feeling so out of place. And romantic men too, especially.

Relationships in America also lack passion. It's all about wham bam thank you maam.

Have any of you noticed these things?

eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

Winston wrote:I'm in Arizona now. It's nice here. There's lots of nature and it feels more relaxed here. I'm staying in a small town. The cars in small towns are not in a rush to get somewhere like they are in cities. I wonder why. lol. People are more relaxed in small towns too.

But have you noticed something? It feels weird to travel alone in America. Everyone is in a group or couple. No one travels by themselves in America. That makes it hard to enjoy nature.

Every girl you see is with her boyfriend or husband. It's like no one is available for you in the romance department in America. Everyone already has someone. lol. Great (sarcastic). You gotta go to a hostel to see people traveling alone.

Also, if you are a guy by yourself in America, you are seen as creepy and potentially threatening. You have to be in a group to look safe. That's why Americans, especially women, only like meeting people in groups. America is all about groups. So much for individualism. Yeah right. What a myth. Everything in America feels so damn cliquish.

Right now I'm eating this salt water taffy shit that I got in a touristy gift shop. Why are these things so common in American touristy shops? They are so damn addicting. Almost every food in America is overloaded with sugar. No wonder why Americans are the fattest and sickest people in the industrialized world.

You gotta wonder if all the excess sugar in everything is due to the greed of the food companies that want to sell more food. Or due to the Illuminati wanting to make Americans sick, fat and f***ed up in the head to keep them dumbed down and docile so they don't unite and revolt. It's hard to say.

Anyway, I was talking to my friend Mitchell earlier, who also has a deep soul like me. We both noticed something deep and sad in America:

Have you noticed that if you have a romantic and deep soul in America, you are out of place, out of date, and invalidated? It's really weird. Everyone else seems soulless, hollow and zombie-like with no feeling. (It's also hard to be romantic when women see you as asexual and not in their league.)

Also, have you noticed that when you walk into a store and the staff says "hello" or "how are you doing?" it sounds really fake and forced. There's no true feeling or intention in it.

It's so invalidating that it makes you feel like you want to get away from people and withdraw. Authentic people must suffer a lot internally in America from feeling so out of place. And romantic men too, especially.

Relationships in America also lack passion. It's all about wham bam thank you maam.

Have any of you noticed these things?
I disagree, come to Italy and you will see worse options than you have in the US.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

eurobrat wrote: I disagree, come to Italy and you will see worse options than you have in the US.
You are shitting us. You told us all in your first trip report to Italy that it was fun and easy to meet people and the girls were down to earth. Why are you renegging on that?

starchild5
Veteran Poster

Post by starchild5 »

The EVIL in America controls rest of the evil in the world..That is why people living in America have so tough time revolting, fighting back but many blame Americans for being p***y and what not.

Americans have their work cut out. Once the evil in America goes, the world will be free. This evil moves from place to place in every civilizations. Right now it is in America. Everything is controlled, monitored in America No not by NSA...thats a Joke but by AIs in HyperSpace...It knows everything..It programmed you even before you were born, thats how hard it is to fight the Evil that is in America.

It manipulates Americans on a daily basis on race, class and even between truthers and those who know this evil. When America wakes up...Know that Humanity Destiny is about to be changed for ever..The million years of suffering will be finally over...

American evil has layers, within layers of manipulation and compartmentalization ..We know barack obama is a mere puppet but the thing is The puppet masters in America who controls Obama are controlled themselves by something far more darker. The biggest evil in America answers to something far higher than him.

We should not blame Americans..We need to encourage them, they need all the help they get to destroy this evil..if anyone can free humanity...Its the Americans themselves....
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

starchild5 wrote:The EVIL in America controls rest of the evil in the world..That is why people living in America have so tough time revolting, fighting back but many blame Americans for being p***y and what not.

Americans have their work cut out. Once the evil in America goes, the world will be free. This evil moves from place to place in every civilizations. Right now it is in America. Everything is controlled, monitored in America No not by NSA...thats a Joke but by AIs in HyperSpace...It knows everything..It programmed you even before you were born, thats how hard it is to fight the Evil that is in America.

It manipulates Americans on a daily basis on race, class and even between truthers and those who know this evil. When America wakes up...Know that Humanity Destiny is about to be changed for ever..The million years of suffering will be finally over...

American evil has layers, within layers of manipulation and compartmentalization ..We know barack obama is a mere puppet but the thing is The puppet masters in America who controls Obama are controlled themselves by something far more darker. The biggest evil in America answers to something far higher than him.

We should not blame Americans..We need to encourage them, they need all the help they get to destroy this evil..if anyone can free humanity...Its the Americans themselves....
Where do you get all that? From some researchers or from your intuition?

I've always felt that dark forces were engineering and manipulating us. But I wasn't sure if they were dark forces from spiritual dimensions or aliens.

We seem to be some type of human cattle farm bred for some purpose. I wonder what? Does something feed off us? Are like batteries like in the movie "The Matrix"?

Who put up this AI around the Earth? And what do they want? Are there invisible satellites? Is it the moon that is controlling our reality like David Icke says?

Why would this AI program us to be truth seekers and non-conformists? Does it need a challenge?