Winston's Travel Updates in the Southwest USA

Discuss nature, animals, wildlife and ecological issues. Share your nature photography and videos. Talk about hiking, camping and exploring national parks.
The_Adventurer
Experienced Poster

Post by The_Adventurer »

Winston wrote: How did you get the strippers to go out with you? It seems that everyone wants you Terrence. Girls seem to fall into your lap everywhere. lol
Not even close, and they weren't falling into my lap, they were falling into my CAR. My experiences in the US were like many on here until I bought an expensive car and grew out my hair into dreads, then everything suddenly changed like magic. Outside the US, with the exception of the Phils, I simply had one decent girlfriend in each country I lived.

(BTW I didn't buy that car to pick up women. I bought it because I learned the hard way that driving up to a studio in a Geo Metro to pitch a show would get you laughed out of the lot whereas driving up in a cool car would get you taken seriously. That, however, is another story. I will write a thread about it later in the Love, Dating Relationships etc. forum)
Winston wrote: Why did you ask me such a narrow question? I didn't come all the way to America to go to strip clubs. I came here for the nature and fresh air. I've already told you that a BILLION TIMES! Going to a strip club while here is just a side show benefit to take advantage of while here. You should have deduced that.

Besides, the fact that AW are so damn unattainable to me makes them more desirable because of that, like you are reaching for an unattainable trophy, and when you touch it, it gives you a high, even if you don't get it in the end. You know what I mean?
I get what you mean, but that's saying unattainable like a vial of plutonium. What are you going to get from it but cancer?
Winston wrote: In addition, deep down, we all want validation, and it would heal many of us from our hurt and rejection if somehow we found an AW to validate us and accept us, even if we know they are no good. It's a way to make up for the past you know?
I get that, and I got that, as mentioned before after buying the car. So was it me or was it the car? Even then, it was all meaningless hookups and not one decent woman anyone would want to spend time outside of bed with. It's not worth it.

The validation one gets from real feminine women abroad cannot be compared to getting validation from anything in US. That's like feeling brave and strong because the wild mountain lion didn't attack you but chose to walk away.
Winston wrote: Anyone here would be glad to date a hot AW if they could, just for the experience if nothing else. Come on. You know that. Get real.
NO. That's my whole point. They are toxic and there is no benefit to be derived from doing so that couldn't be achieved with a run of the mill hooker. A hot woman is a hot woman anywhere. Even a hot French or German woman, while still western, would be 20X better than a hot American woman! I already mentioned one path. Buy an expensive car and some flashy clothes and you will date hot AW, but that's like SO WHAT? Your time would still be better spent on hot women from just about any other location in the known universe.

I can't agree with that one.
Winston wrote: Also, strip clubs are the only place I know of in the US where hot girls will talk to strangers. Outside of them in the US, girls keep to themselves and don't talk to strangers and act very snobby and closed. The only friendly people that talk to strangers here are older men and women. We all know that and have been over this many times here.

So in that sense, going to a strip club to talk to and touch a hot girl is better than nothing. Come on now. Can't you see the obvious big picture?
Going to a strip club to talk to and touch, if they allow that, a hot girl is all fine. Falling in love and hoping for anything more than that is a huge mistake. I don't think I said or implied that you went to the US to visit strip clubs, but if you went there for the nature and fresh air, DO THAT. Take lots of pictures. Write about your experiences. Tell us what it is like on the ground, the situation with the economy, the mental state of the people, but leave the girls alone before you destroy the credibility, if not the entirety, of this movement you have been successfully building.
“Booty is so strong that there are dudes willing to blow themselves up for the highly unlikely possibility of booty in another dimension." -- Joe Rogan
Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

The_Adventurer wrote: For the cost of the entry fee you could be banging a girl all night, then she'll clean your place in the morning and maybe even make you breakfast!
Yeah, you ain't kidding! Even in the USA, I was able to get a Filipina gf who would f*** my brains out, do my laundry, make my meals, and clean my apartment! To this day, I still can't believe it. In fact, lots of Pinays have told me how much they enjoy doing domestic chores for their families. How could you EVER go back to a Western woman after an experience like that?
anamericaninbangkok
Junior Poster

Post by anamericaninbangkok »

Repatriate wrote:
Cornfed wrote:Is it just me, or does Winston seem to be hell-bent on being a sucker and doing stupid stuff? Winston might be the guy to approach if someone wants an investor in jackalope ranches or fur-bearing trout farms right now.
:lol:

Despite Winston claiming that he's a deep critical thinker he's incredibly gullible when it comes to strong personalities and smooth talking people. He has a long track record of listening to 2 bit con men and getting fleeced by women.

I think he'd be a great investor in my 2 legged stool factory. :lol:
I'll agree with this.

Winston - I've slept with more strippers than I can count. I slept with a couple in the US and many in Asia and S. America. Here's the thing - they're almost always screwed up mentally and/or emotionally. In the US, they were big-time screwed up (on drugs, emotionally battered, etc.) and in Asia, they were screwed up but tried to hide it. A little alcohol reveals their true self. Some of the dancers here in Thailand who I didn't pay went home with me because they were lonely. Others went home because I took them out, we partied, they got drunk, and they wanted to f**k.

My suggestion to you would be to go in again and give yourself a set amount of time (90 minutes). Before you leave, tell her you'd like to hang out with her outside of work. If she says yes, play it by ear and see what she wants to do. Under no circumstance should you take her somewhere nice. Denny's is nice enough. Then ask her if she wants to go home with you. Simple. You're not looking to marry this chick, get yours and get on down the road.

My guess is she's not gonna bite. In all honesty, she probably views you as a nice guy, completely harmless. You don't want this. A girl like this ends up with bad boys because she wants to be f***ed silly. She doesn't want to get intellectual. Get that straight and you might have a slim chance but I don't see it happening. There's absolutely no harm in trying though and who cares if she shoots you down?! Go for it.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

Winston wrote: I'm so glad I finally got out of Vegas after 90 failed attempts. I thought I'd never leave! Every time I tried to leave, something would get in the way, either external or internal! It was so f***ing crazy. I felt like I was trapped on Gilligan's Island and that there was some curse in the script that would not let me leave, just like in that TV show! Everyday I yelled "COME ON! COME ON! COME ON!" endlessly!
It's just so weird that it took me three months to get out of Vegas from the time I was prepared to leave. So weird. Why is everything always backed up in my life? I'M SO f***ing ANGRY BEYOND WORDS!!!!!!!!!!!! Why is it so f***ing hard to control my life? Why?!

What are some of these internal/external blocks?
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Hi all,
I'm in Lake Tahoe now. It's nice here to be around so many pine trees. And the lake is beautiful and scenic. Does everyone come here just for skiing? What about hiking?

Anyway I had a flu and fever yesterday so I booked two days at a cheap motel here to rest and recover from it. Tomorrow I will be heading to Sacramento and then down to Fremont. I will be glad to get out of the cold.

One question though: Is it too cold to go camping in California?

http://www.examiner.com/article/best-ca ... o-bay-area
http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/top-li ... -bay-area/

I didn't know you could camp underneath the Golden Gate Bridge. lol
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Hi all,
I'm in the Bay Area now. It's weird to be back here. Feels like Deja Vu. It's warm here but so crowded! The traffic is like a mass swarm. Dang. Why would anyone want to live here? Everything is very organized. But people here seem so square and conformist, like they've been "properly processed" lol. It reminds me of the drugged zombie people in the George Lucas dystopia movie THX1138. LOL. Any of you notice this when you were here too?

I feel like a fish out of water here, like a sore thumb sticking out that doesn't really belong. Did any of you feel this way in the Bay Area too?

It's kind of paradoxical that Californians (or Americans) think they are free individuals, yet they act very square and conformist, and only utter politically correct cliches. Ever notice that? It's like a Twilight Zone. I've always sensed something paradoxical about it, but it's hard to put a finger on it. Know what I mean?

Also, why does everyone drive so damn fast here at dangerous speeds? It's annoying to always get tailgated. Don't they know that's rude? Is there something in the human blood that makes people treat the highway like a racetrack? If so, why don't I have it in my blood too?

How is it that Americans are paranoid, but they aren't paranoid of the dangers of speeding? What a weird paradox. On the highway people drive at 80-90mph. It's crazy and dangerous. How do they do that without getting into an accident? How do they feel in control at that speed, especially with curves on the road and especially at night with limited visibility? Why don't they have any fear when doing that? Why don't I have this "speed demon" blood that everyone else has? I've asked this for many years, but never get an answer. Instead, I get made fun of.

Btw, when I visited my uncle yesterday, I found out that the house I grew up in, which was originally bought at $300,000 in 1987, is now worth 1.5 million dollars! Wow. If we had kept that house, my family would be millionaires by now! lol. My uncle never left Fremont, so now he's a millionaire.

Also, I noticed that even though he's wealthy and retired, he still runs his life and his home as though it were the military. Everything has to be strictly a certain way. A lot of elder Taiwanese people are like that. Does anyone know why? It seems excessive and unnecessary. I thought people were supposed to mellow and loosen up as they got older?

He also thinks my way of traveling is unsafe and unwise, because I don't have reservations at motels everyday of the week. You see, his way of traveling is to make reservations every day of his trip in advance, whereas mine is to enter town and look for a place from there. I like to leave things open ended. I don't know why most people in my family have to have everything organized in advance, including motel reservations for everyday of the trip. It's too much need for control I think.

When me and Dianne went to Sagada, a remote mountain town in the Philippines, there was this Hong Kong girl traveling by herself there. When the bus arrived late at night in Sagada, she told me that she had no reservations and no plans about where to stay and was just winging it, as she always does. lol. How come no one in my family is cool like that? lol
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

Over half of Germany's Autobahns does not have a speed limit. The Autobahns carried 31% of motorized road traffic but only accounted for 11% of traffic deaths. Back in 1980 the road accident fatality rate in US was 3.35 per 100 million miles traveled, versus in 2012 was 1.14. So, despite all the folks speeding on the freeway, your chance of being killed today on the road is actually much lower than the 1980's.

Everyone have their own speed tolerances & comfort level. If you're not comfortable with driving in excess of the posted (up to) 70 mph limit here in CA, then don't.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

momopi wrote:Over half of Germany's Autobahns does not have a speed limit. The Autobahns carried 31% of motorized road traffic but only accounted for 11% of traffic deaths. Back in 1980 the road accident fatality rate in US was 3.35 per 100 million miles traveled, versus in 2012 was 1.14. So, despite all the folks speeding on the freeway, your chance of being killed today on the road is actually much lower than the 1980's.

Everyone have their own speed tolerances & comfort level. If you're not comfortable with driving in excess of the posted (up to) 70 mph limit here in CA, then don't.
Why are there less road fatalities than before? Because of air bags? How do you know your statistics aren't from biased sources, such as the auto industry? You know that statistics can easily be manipulated in many different ways right?

What do you suggest doing about tailgaters? It's annoying to have someone close to you behind your bumper. How do they keep from bumping into you at that close range? What if you slammed on the brakes? How come they can do that without hitting the car they are tailgating?

I've honked at tailgaters before. It sometimes works, especially if I roll down the window and signal with my hand for them to move back. Do you suggest I do that with every tailgater?

When I was in Arizona last summer, on the highway this semi-truck tailgated me. When the highway became uneven and bumpy, I slowed the car down from 70mph to 60mph. When I did that, the semi truck behind me got mad and honked at me. I honked at him back several times. He then passed me, and as he did, I honked at him again. My friend who was with me was shocked that I did that. She said that the truck driver could have lost his temper and tried to run me off the road. But hey, I lose my temper at fuckheads like that easily too.

But what was I supposed to do, drive fast on uneven bumpy unsafe roads just to appease him? When a road is bumpy and uneven, I don't think it's time to speed up! Hello! So what the f**k did he expect me to do? f**k that guy!

Why am I always the victim of such f***ing shitheads? Why are they always in my way? Why do I always have to run into them? Why does the Charlie Brown vibe always follow some people like me? Even Rock has noticed this after being around me a lot.

What would you have done in that situation Momopi? Or does the Charlie Brown victim vibe never follow you?

The Charlie Brown luck that follows you may not kill you, but it sure goes against you by putting a lot of annoying obstacles in your way and spins luck and chance against you.

The motel receptionist I talked to today told me that she experiences it regularly too. Like when you are going to a building, and it's always across in the other lane, but you can't get to the other lane in time so you have to make a U-Turn. Or when you come to an intersection and don't know whether to turn right or left, so you guess, but 90 percent of the time you guess wrong. She told me that she always guessed wrong in that situation. How can a 50/50 chance be wrong 90 percent of the time consistently? Statistics and logic can't explain that. (and neither can Momopi) But Murphy's Law and Charlie Brown luck can. It happens to some people a lot more than others. Bad luck is definitely real.

So what are you supposed to do about tailgaters? What do you guys usually do about them? Why are they tailgating you rather than passing you up? Are they trying to force you to drive faster against your will? Or expecting you to change lanes or pull out of the way?

Also, I thought Americans value space and privacy. So how come they have no respect for personal space when it comes to tailgating? That's weird, as well as rude and inconsiderate. One should have every right to honk at them and flip them off.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

PS - Btw, it is not true that driving at the posted speed limit is always safe and suggestible. For example, in western Arizona, on the main highway the speed limit is 80mph. But the highway is twisty and curvy and uphill in many places. So I would definitely not drive 80mph there on curvy highways. No way. I don't know what they were smoking when they made 80mph the speed limit.

Also, how are you supposed to go that fast UPHILL? I've always wondered how everyone else is able to drive fast going uphill, even in older cars, whereas I can't. Everyone seems to pass me going uphill, except trucks. How do they do it? Do they press harder on the gas pedal than me? None of the cars I'm driving will go fast uphill, even if they are new. Is it because I'm too nice to the car, or because I'm just not meant for speed? I don't get it. The last time I got a flat tire was because I was driving too fast trying to keep up with someone in a newer car. So bad luck happens when I try to speed beyond my comfort level. It's weird.

I don't drive slow, at least not in my mind. I simply drive the safest speed that I feel in control of at. Beyond that, I don't feel like I'm in control of the vehicle, which is a terrible feeling. How are other people able to drive much faster yet feel in control? I've never understood that or found a logical explanation for that.

I also do not have slow reflexes at all. In fact, I do very well in driving video games and can beat most people at them. So how do you explain the above?

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Update:

During the last few days, I visited my old elementary school in Fremont (Chadbourne) where I was bullied and persecuted, my prestigious high school in Fremont (Mission San Jose) where I was alienated, isolated, persecuted, bullied and made insecure, my community college (Ohlone) and my state university (Cal State Hayward, now known as Cal State East Bay) where I was isolated and ignored in an all business environment.

I thought that going back to where I had all those bad memories that left me with tons of negative baggage and scarred self-esteem, might be therapeutic in helping me face them and overcome them. But all it did was bring back bad memories of insecurity and hopelessness. Seeing the same location isn't the same as reliving the past I guess. But at least it came with some nostalgia. I saw a lot of buildings and alleys that I had long forgotten, which came back to me.

The background story:

In high school, I was too shy and insecure to try to date anyone, esp with all the bullying and persecution even though I did nothing wrong to anyone. It never made any sense and I never figured out how to fit in. And everyone acted so mean and hostile. How was that supposed to be a fun positive experience?

After high school, I was no longer persecuted or bullied of course. The college environment was polite and quiet and you could do whatever you want, including skip class. There were no oppressive rules. You could come and go as you wish. That was nice, but it began to feel lonely eventually. People were ALL BUSINESS and the girls were ALL BUSINESS too. They only came for the classes and then left and weren't looking to get dates or socialize with others beyond a superficial level.

I did make some friends and got a Vietnamese girlfriend for two years. But deep down, I wanted white girls. I could not get any other girls, esp white girls, to go out with me. Everyday on campus I would try to meet girls and hope to "hit it off" with one, like is so easily portrayed in the movies. But I never got anywhere, at least not with white girls. If I asked any girl out, they would say they had a boyfriend, were busy, didn't have time, or some other excuse. It was a no win situation.

I expected that college would be a dating paradise, as is popularized in media and cliches. But it wasn't, and I could not figure out why. I kept asking "What's wrong with me? What am I lacking?" But no one could give me an answer except the standard BS of "you lack confidence and self-esteem", "you haven't met the right person yet", "you are trying too hard", etc. which was all useless.

This went on from 1992 to 1998, which I consider wasted years, not only because of lack of dates and romance. But also because I had no direction during those years. I only went to college because I was expected to. But I had no idea what to do for a career or job, and the idea of becoming a slave in an office cubicle for a soulless corporation at a demanding stressful job just didn't appeal to me. But I had no idea what alternative there was. None of the majors fit me so I didn't even know what to major in.

So I chose the most broad and practical major, Business Administration, and figured that since everything was a business, it was the most broad and would apply to everything, until I figured out what I wanted to do. I did it all haphazardly though, because my heart and passion were never in it.

I started getting into acting in 1996, which was a lot of fun, but I could not figure out how to make a realistic career or living out of it. Just having a passion in acting and going for it was not enough. The cliche adage "Believe in yourself and your dreams will come true" isn't always true.

So all in all, those were wasted years in which I had no real direction or passion. I did not fit into the university or the students because they were all business and only cared about making money and had no soul. So I just dragged myself to school everyday and sadly went through the motions without purpose, feeling lonely, bored and depressed all the time. And in the process, wasting my parents money on the college tuition, which wasn't that much fortunately, only about $600 a quarter (three months).

I wish those 6 years would have been spent on something I loved with friends that were more compatible with me. Again, wasted time. All because I was in a place I didn't belong. For some reason, Murphy's Law always puts me in places I don't belong, like it wants me to suffer for some reason. I don't know why. But that's the way it's always been.

Perhaps I just didn't belong in California. It wasn't just the university. California is all about getting a career and making money in the corporate world. It's not a spiritual state. Arizona is far more like a spiritual state with spiritual type open-minded people, and far less competitive too. But not California. No way. But of course, no one ever told me that. They always told me to blame myself because I didn't fit into a soulless corporate world where making money was the only purpose.

Anyway, sorry for all the negative ranting from memory lane. I know we all have baggage and bad memories, but mine have got to be among the worst and longest since they cover two whole decades.

Hopefully I can put this all behind me, but I fear that it's scarred me emotionally for life. It's just so hard to not let that affect you, especially when it was so unjust and made no sense and you felt powerless throughout.

Thanks for listening.

A weird creepy thing that happened to me at Cal State Hayward:

The only weird thing that happened was at the campus of Cal State Hayward (East Bay). When I walked around and took pictures on a Sunday, after a while, when I got to the theater building where I used to perform, all of a sudden a campus security police car pulled up in the parking lot nearby. Not wanting to look suspicious, I turned and walked away. All of a sudden, the patrol car pulled onto the campus sidewalk and then onto the lawn right behind me. What the hell, I thought. A chill went up my spine. I thought the guard was going to get out of the car and question me. But he didn't. He just pulled up right behind me on the lawn and watched me walk away.

That was weird and freaky. I've never had that happen before. Patrol cars don't usually drive onto grass lawns from the parking lot. Why did he do that? To intimidate me? For what? Or was it a coincidence and he was just pulling up onto the lawn for no reason that was related to me? Perhaps I looked suspicious when I took a lot of pictures and someone saw that on the video surveillance cam, and so had the campus security check me out? Either way, I didn't turn around to see if the patrol driver was looking at me or not, because I didn't want a confrontation. So I guess I'll never know. (Unless of course, I try calling the campus security to ask what happened?)

Steve R told me that when he talked about conspiracies on his radio show before, cop cars would mysteriously follow him around and stare at him from across his home. It was only until he said something good about the US government that they stopped doing that. He told me that the same could happen to me if I didn't stop talking about conspiracies on my site, or over the phone (which is monitored). So could that campus security car have been sent by the NWO to intimidate me? lol

Who knows. But it was creepy. Or maybe the universe was trying to tell me that I didn't belong there. What do you think?

If it was the NWO though, then maybe I should not wander anywhere too remote on my own? Otherwise, they could easily take me out. Remember that they can track you with your cell phone and maybe even passport chip. Would turning off your cell phone help? Can they really track you with your cell phone off, as some claim, just by your sim card?

Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on May 13th, 2020, 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

Winston wrote: PS - Btw, it is not true that driving at the posted speed limit is always safe and suggestible. For example, in western Arizona, on the main highway the speed limit is 80mph. But the highway is twisty and curvy and uphill in many places. So I would definitely not drive 80mph there on curvy highways. No way. I don't know what they were smoking when they made 80mph the speed limit.
Also, how are you supposed to go that fast UPHILL? I've always wondered how everyone else is able to drive fast going uphill, even in older cars, whereas I can't. Everyone seems to pass me going uphill, except trucks. How do they do it? Do they press harder on the gas pedal than me? None of the cars I'm driving will go fast uphill, even if they are new. Is it because I'm too nice to the car, or because I'm just not meant for speed? I don't get it. The last time I got a flat tire was because I was driving too fast trying to keep up with someone in a newer car. So bad luck happens when I try to speed beyond my comfort level. It's weird.
I don't drive slow, at least not in my mind. I simply drive the safest speed that I feel in control of at. Beyond that, I don't feel like I'm in control of the vehicle, which is a terrible feeling. How are other people able to drive much faster yet feel in control? I've never understood that or found a logical explanation for that.
I also do not have slow reflexes at all. In fact, I do very well in driving video games and can beat most people at them. So how do you explain the above?
So, here you have a choice. You can ask repetitive questions like hitting your head against a brick wall over and over again, or you can do something about it and learn how to improve your driving skills from the pro's:
http://www.grandsportspeedway.com/order ... ?cPath=125

If you choose to talk instead of do, then there's nothing I can do for you.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

momopi wrote:
Winston wrote: PS - Btw, it is not true that driving at the posted speed limit is always safe and suggestible. For example, in western Arizona, on the main highway the speed limit is 80mph. But the highway is twisty and curvy and uphill in many places. So I would definitely not drive 80mph there on curvy highways. No way. I don't know what they were smoking when they made 80mph the speed limit.
So, here you have a choice. You can ask repetitive questions like hitting your head against a brick wall over and over again, or you can do something about it and learn how to improve your driving skills from the pro's:
http://www.grandsportspeedway.com/order ... ?cPath=125

If you choose to talk instead of do, then there's nothing I can do for you.
How does that address my points above? You aren't answering my questions.

I do not lack driving skills. Ask Rock. I drive very safely and logically and leave a wide margin of error. I do not drive recklessly and my safety record is perfect. The problem is, some people are nervous drivers and find driving a stressful experience when maneuvering among many cars. So perhaps you aren't understanding what's going on.

You can't use techniques from car racing tracks in public roads. Come on now. You know that. You aren't making sense or being logical or realistic.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Hi all,
I met up with Rock and Monkro for a few days. We went around and tried different foods and coffee shops. We all got along great. Monkro is a lot more like me than I thought. I've never met such a freethinking Indian before either. He is not like the typical soulless robotic conformist in the Bay Area.

Anyway, I am in Monterey now, which is near Carmel along Highway 1. There is supposed to be a scenic 17 mile drive here, as well as Fisherman's Wharf, Monterey Aquarium, beaches, and hot springs as well. So I will be here a while. Fortunately I have some motel coupons here, otherwise staying here would normally be very expensive.

Any suggestions?

Pinaylover
Freshman Poster

Post by Pinaylover »

Head north across the golden gate and visit the Muir woods, the redwoods there are 100's of years old. very spiritual experience

Think the forest moon of Endor...