Planning Trip to Thailand

Post your trip reports, travel experiences, and updates abroad. Or your expat story if you already live overseas. Note: To post photos and images, insert the image URL between the tags Image after uploading them to a third party site.
patrick
Freshman Poster

Post by patrick »

Does anyone know about Phuket? I heard nowadays it's even bigger than Pattaya.
I've been to Pattaya and Bangkok (also Soi Cowboy)

As for winston, i can also answer questions 2 and 4

I've also been to the Phillipines.

Price and quality is way better than Philippines and much more delicious as well, it resembles the Chinese kitchen a bit. They have a lot of cheap foodvendors alongside the roads (like in China, same quality) and their 7eleven is much bigger and cheaper than in the Phils. Western restaurants i don't know. I'm cheap, i like to eat streetfood. They also have big supermarkets which are also cheap.

They have some mountains up north, which are very popular amongst tourists/backpackers. I haven't been there because i don't like mass tourism.
green1976
Freshman Poster

Post by green1976 »

wineguy wrote:Have a look on the PattayaAddicts forum - you'll find everything you need to know about the dating scene in Thailand specifically over there, tons of valuable info. The P4P scene is what it is. I prefer to go to Chiang Mai and pick up university students and grads who speak good english and can have an intelligent conversation. Pattaya is crazy and fun, but the uneducated girls from Issan eventually get old (for me at least).
I have nothing against or feeling getting old with uneducated isaan girls.

What is getting annoying for me at the moment is all the bullshit bargirls put with.

They are there to make money,find a sponsor and milk some falangs.
What counts is them,their family and most of them have already a child being pregnant by a Thai male peasant who have done a runner.

I would rather choose a pre Pattaya Isaan girl versus a Pattaya contaminated one.
It's little bit sad to see how they transform themselves after coming to Pattaya and learning the tricks to fool some stupid foreigners into them.

The main setback by going to Isaan and interacting with poor educated ladies is that they don't speak English so the communication is limited but the way to be is to learn Thai for me.

The great thing about Isaan is that it's really easy to meet them,have a girlfriend or even have some sex all around.