Planning Trip to Thailand

Post your trip reports, travel experiences, and updates abroad. Or your expat story if you already live overseas. Note: To post photos and images, insert the image URL between the tags Image after uploading them to a third party site.
instinct104
Freshman Poster

Planning Trip to Thailand

Post by instinct104 »

hey guys,

I am planning a trip to Thailand in a few months after the hot season ends and was wondering if there are any like minded single fun loving guys who want to meet thai women. I am thinking of Bangkok and Pattaya but an open to anywhere where there can be good times found. Reply back or message me directly if you are interested!.. I live in the Southern CA LA/OC area and am looking to form a small group of 3-4 guys to plan hangover 3 in thailand!!

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

instinct104
Freshman Poster

Post by instinct104 »

Hi Rock,

If you know of anywhere, forum or site where I can meet like minded people let me know! thanks so much
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

instinct104 wrote:Hi Rock,

If you know of anywhere, forum or site where I can meet like minded people let me know! thanks so much
I think the only forum members currently there are Repatriate and Caterman (sp). I'm pretty sure Repat does not like to meet guys from here face-to-face. Not sure about Caterman.

When you arrive in BK, you can go to Khaosan Rd./Banglamphoo area and try to join a group of foreigners who fit your style. This is an area where westerners from around the world congregate and party 24/7.

Also, go to International Sex Guide and make a similar post in the Thai section (expat, regular, and Livingston threads). You might wanna PM NicFrenchy. I've never met him but he's been in country several years, has a good job, and likes to go out and party. Also might wanna stop by Livingston's Lodge and meet up with the owner Giotto (sp) to get some fast contacts. You can PM him first as well.
E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster

Post by E_Irizarry »

@instinct104,

Please do not forget Soi Cowboy (Cowboy Street Business District), too.
"I appreciate the opportunities I have in America. Opportunities that allow me to live abroad." **Smiles** - Have2Fly@H.A. (2013)

"The only way to overcome that is to go abroad to get a broad."
- E. Irizarry (2009)

"MGTOW resilience is the key to foreign residence. You better muthafuckin' ask somebody!!"
- E. Irizarry (2012)

"I rather be ostracized by 157.0 million (27.3% of the US of Gay pop), then to appease 1 feminist." - E. Irizarry (2013)

TanBoy by DNA | Despedido, Hugo Chavez...Descansa en paz!
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

If you're going there to party, you can check with sites like international sex guide's Thailand forums.
E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster

Post by E_Irizarry »

thomasmite996 wrote:Yes it is risky task to enjoy party in night club and meet naughty women. Read all the Thailand rules and regulations to avoid bad time or any difficulties.
Two off the bat:

(1) Never point your feet at a Thai officer nor put your arms up forward pointing at the Thai officer. They would assume you want a go at them by doing that. And they usually win 9 times out of 10.
(2) As finally it has been rendered - as by the movie Hangover 2, never walk into a Buddhist temple talking and/or with shoes on. If you had seen that movie, then you know the consequences of doing that.

Other than that, it had, for the most part, been a cakewalk for me while I was there.
"I appreciate the opportunities I have in America. Opportunities that allow me to live abroad." **Smiles** - Have2Fly@H.A. (2013)

- E. Irizarry (2009)

"MGTOW resilience is the key to foreign residence. You better muthafuckin' ask somebody!!"
- E. Irizarry (2012)

"I rather be ostracized by 157.0 million (27.3% of the US of Gay pop), then to appease 1 feminist." - E. Irizarry (2013)

The_Hero_of_Men
Experienced Poster

Post by The_Hero_of_Men »

E_Irizarry wrote:
thomasmite996 wrote:Yes it is risky task to enjoy party in night club and meet naughty women. Read all the Thailand rules and regulations to avoid bad time or any difficulties.
Two off the bat:

(1) Never point your feet at a Thai officer nor put your arms up forward pointing at the Thai officer. They would assume you want a go at them by doing that. And they usually win 9 times out of 10.
(2) As finally it has been rendered - as by the movie Hangover 2, never walk into a Buddhist temple talking and/or with shoes on. If you had seen that movie, then you know the consequences of doing that.

Other than that, it had, for the most part, been a cakewalk for me while I was there.
I have never seen Hangover 2, so what are the consequences of walking into a Buddhist temple while talking and/or with your shoes on?
Wielding the blade of evil's bane, he sealed the dark one away and gave the land light. This man, who traveled through time to save the land, was known as the Hero of Men. The man's tale was passed down through generations until it became legend...
MrPeabody
Experienced Poster

Post by MrPeabody »

If you walk into a Buddhist temple with your shoes on, a security guard will politely ask you to remove them. Life is not the movies.
E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster

Post by E_Irizarry »

MrPeabody wrote:If you walk into a Buddhist temple with your shoes on, a security guard will politely ask you to remove them. Life is not the movies.
Mr Peabody > E. Irizarry.

LOL!

- E. Irizarry (2009)

- E. Irizarry (2012)

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Questions:

Which is the best and most convenient airport in Thailand to land in, Bangkok or Pattaya?

Are you given an automatic visa when you arrived? How long is it good for?

How do you get from the airport to your hotel or to the bar district? Is there a bus? Or are you forced to take a taxi?

What are the best hotels to stay in?

Rock mentioned there were hotels for 15 dollars. Which ones are those? One what street? Can you give any names?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

Winston wrote:Questions:

Which is the best and most convenient airport in Thailand to land in, Bangkok or Pattaya?
The main airport Suavarnabhumi. Pattaya doesn't have an airport or it's a small military/private one. Pattaya is not far from the main airport. It's a 2 hour trip and there are really cheap buses that go there from the adjacent bus terminal at the airport.
Are you given an automatic visa when you arrived? How long is it good for?
Flying in it's 30 days automatic, and only 15 days at land crossings. If you plan on staying for up to 6 months then a double entry 2 month tourist visa is well worth it.
How do you get from the airport to your hotel or to the bar district? Is there a bus? Or are you forced to take a taxi?
There's a bunch of options: There's a very convenient airport link (skytrain) which links directly to downtown Bangkok at the BTS station. I think it's around 30 something baht for the non express train. From there you can take the BTS (city skytrain) to your hotel or switch to the MRT (subway) at a different stop. A taxi will be about 300-350 baht or so to the city center but there's no reason to do this unless you have a lot of luggage. Just FYI you may as well pack really light. Just bring 2 changes of clothes and a small backpack. You can buy toiletries, additional clothing, whatever etc.. all for really cheap in Thailand. There's absolutely no reason to pack heavy.

The cheapest option is mini van or bus. You can catch a free shuttle at the ground floor to the adjoining bus terminal. From there a mini van will be 40 baht to downtown bangkok or you can take an even cheaper city bus for 26 baht or so all the way downtown.

I highly recommend using the airport link. Forget the taxi and the bus may be too complicated for you to use for your first time in BKK.
What are the best hotels to stay in?

Rock mentioned there were hotels for 15 dollars. Which ones are those? One what street? Can you give any names?
Singaporean guys I know really like Palazzo on Ratchadapisek in Bangkok. It runs about 1,100 baht or so at a nice quiet part of town which is also full of girly Massage parlor complexes if that's your thing which i'm sure it will be because it simply blows away the "quality" of anything that you will see in the Philippines.

There are tons of options for hotels though. I would not settle for a cheap guesthouse option when there are many mid range hotels for 800-1500 baht or so.

My advice is to forget about Pattaya during your initial foray into Thailand. Pattaya is a shithole full of degenerates. The p4p scene is also bottom tier. The regular Thais located there tend to be jaded assholes much like the types you would find at Phuket or any other over traveled tourist hellhole. It's good for a laugh or two down the road but overall it's crap and the people there are crap as well.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

1. Local aiport link to last stop (Phayathai) is now 45 Baht (~US$1.5). Express is 90 Baht or double that. At Phayathai, u can directly transfer to BTS and for a another 30 Baht or so get to any of several stops in Sukhumvit, one of the central areas. Where else in the world can u get quickly and easily into the center of town from the aiport of the country's capital for those prices (approximately US$2.5)? Best deal on the planet IMO. Taiwan's a close second with aiport express busses from Taipei to town for around NT$120 (US$4) and an extensive MRT which with fares lower than Bangkok's.

2. Repat, when is the last time u visited Patts? I think its a lot better than it used to be. U see a lot of package tourists there from all over the world. Walking Street seems to have developed more into a venue for regular tourists and all night clubers than mongers and sexpats. The harder core stuff seems to have migrated to Soi Buakhao area and is also still available in the far sois (6 and 7). Beach Road is still full of working girls but many look better than I remember and the scene is a bit spiced up by Russian revelers who like to hang out and party along the beach.

Many Russian famillies have settled there. There's lots of new higher end hotels completed or being constructed. Central Festival plus Hilton have really given a new feel to the middle part of the main Pattaya Beach. Wong Amat Beach is being developed aggressively with a lot of higher end condos. An ultra chic hi-rise development is going up right at the pier which will include a revamping of the marina. The skyline is starting to take shape and look nice. Most parts of Jomtien near beach are being developed aggressively as well. There are a few decent looking beaches at Wong Amat but in Patts and Jomtien beaches remain substandard IMO. An aiport train may even be built passing through Pattaya.

During last visit, I noticed (in condo market) a lot more Bangkok clients which seem to be interested in buying second or week-end condos/homes. It seems the recent floods sparked a lot of new interest in the area. Even the agents in Bangkok tell me Patts is about the hottest real estate market in Thai at the moment while Bangkok is fairly cool. From Patts, its easy to take a day trip to some nearby islands or even head over to Rayong (about 1.5 hours away) and hop on boat to Ko-Samet. I've noticed a large number of western expats have married and settled in Pattaya area. You can have a more tranquil lifestyle on Pratumnuk hill or out a bit in the suburbs. And Patts is still quite cheap. There's a great waterpark next to tower between Patts and Jomtien popular with middle class Thais and foreigners alike. Lots of golf options too.

BTW, I ran into my Norwegian friend, his Thai wife, and his mother when I was there last. I hadn't seen him for 3 years and I remember he had positively sworn off Patts as a sleazy and decrepid cesspool for low rent whore mongers and vowed never to go again. But, they stopped by for a break on the way back from 10 days of island hopping and he no longer despised it as he felt it had changed a lot. And his mother, coming from a small city in Norway, preferred it over Bangkok which she felt was just a huge urban nightmare.

3. Cheapest aircon accomadation used to only be available in backpacker Banglamphoo/Khaosan area. But now a lot of higher end stuff has gone up there and u can pay up to 4,500 Baht a night in the better places. U still can find 500 Baht single room with bathroom tho and around 300 with fan. Now similar accomadation is available in some lower end inns or guest houses right around Nana or Phrom Phong BTS stops. Very small and basic private A/C rooms with bathroom are availabe for as low as 600 Baht within 30 meters of BTS. In Pattaya, there are plenty of centrally located private A/C room + bathroom options (near Avenue Mall for example) for 500 Baht per night and signficantly cheaper if u book for a week or month. Fan room run about 250-300 Baht.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

Rock wrote: 2. Repat, when is the last time u visited Patts? I think its a lot better than it used to be. U see a lot of package tourists there from all over the world. Walking Street seems to have developed more into a venue for regular tourists and all night clubers than mongers and sexpats. The harder core stuff seems to have migrated to Soi Buakhao area and is also still available in the far sois (6 and 7). Beach Road is still full of working girls but many look better than I remember and the scene is a bit spiced up by Russian revelers who like to hang out and party along the beach.
Last time I was there was early 2009 during the Thai music festival. This was when they already developed the new strip malls and had Central up and running. Everything felt more polished but I didn't notice anything drastically different with the type of tourists. The Russian tourists have always been there so that's not different either. Has it really changed that much in the last 3 years? Maybe i'll make a short trip down there again before I leave Thailand.
wineguy
Freshman Poster

Post by wineguy »

Have a look on the PattayaAddicts forum - you'll find everything you need to know about the dating scene in Thailand specifically over there, tons of valuable info. The P4P scene is what it is. I prefer to go to Chiang Mai and pick up university students and grads who speak good english and can have an intelligent conversation. Pattaya is crazy and fun, but the uneducated girls from Issan eventually get old (for me at least).
"When you're born into this world, you're given a ticket to the freak show. And when you're born in America, you're given a front row seat." -George Carlin

"The world is a book, and those who don't travel read only a page." -St. Augustine

"The man who views the world at 50 the same as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life." -Muhammad Ali
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Repatriate,
Some questions for you about Thailand.

1. Would my personality fit in Thailand? If so, in what way? And in what ways would I not fit in?

2. What kind of things would I probably complain about there? Are price and quality there at least better than in the Philippines?

3. Do you think I'd be happier there than in the Philippines?

4. What if I don't like hot weather? Is there a mountain city there (like Baguio) with cooler temperatures? Does being near the beach balance out the heat?

Thanks,
Winston
Last edited by Winston on July 2nd, 2012, 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne