Mguy and Falcon hit the Manila malls (pics galore!)

Post your trip reports, travel experiences, and updates abroad. Or your expat story if you already live overseas. Note: To post photos and images, insert the image URL between the tags Image after uploading them to a third party site.
celery2010
Freshman Poster

Post by celery2010 »

Yeah, but you guys speak Tagalog and/or are Filipino-- that's native.

That's pretty unfair as a juxtaposition. You had someone who is a local guiding you around and upper class no less, who the locals look up to in the PI.

I agree that the PI is very open-- a similar place if Winston likes the PI is Latin America-- where people are very open,, approachable and don't take things negatively or too seriously.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

publicduende wrote:
Falcon wrote:Taipei to Manila: 90-minute flight, less than $40 one-way. They're so close to each other and yet so different.

For heaven's sake, just look at this huge, huge contrast!
LOL I actually like the (Taiwanese?) girl who was with Winston more :)
Why? That is not a good comparison example. I met that girl at a Couchsurfing picnic. There, it is socially acceptable to talk to the girls because it is like a party event where you socialize with people. She was also more friendly than most Taiwanese girls. Couchsurfers usually are. Plus she is the girl who translated my essay "How to be free and conscious in a society of enslavement and fear" essay into Chinese:

http://www.happierabroad.com/Awakening-Chinese.htm

Falcon should have posted a picture of a more stiff Taiwanese girl he cold approached, for proper comparison.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

At the malls, whenever Mguy saw an older white guy with a young Filipina (who almost wouldn't ever be middle-class), he'd shout out, "Monger!" Or, he'd make some weird noises. Hehehe. Razz
You are practicing/supporting racial as well as class discrimination and insulting people in public based on racial and class assumptions. Neither the nationality nor the class of the people you demean is stated anywhere. And even if it was, why are you doing this? Is this nice? So many of HA members live in Manila and they can be with their wives there at the mall. We are trying to get away from the US discrimination and you are there fomenting it in the Philippines. Tsk-tsk-tsk. You are not helping our cause.

It could be me - a college instructor- walking with my God sister and my God-daughter and you could insult me/us in front of other people like that.

Another point- by Philippine law, insulting a person in public is not a civil offense, it's a criminal offense and you can go to jail for that. Be mindful of that before you demean people in public. People whom you don't know. Either the white guy ( who may be not be a foreigner anymore but a Filipino citizen- some guys already got thier Philippine citizenship- yes, siree) or his Filipina partner could call the guard and you will be in hot soup.

Please mind your manners, gentlemen. He could be with his legal wife and it's a serious thing. You don't even know the nationality or the status of the "white guy". He could be a Spaniard or a white guy from the Philippines- half or full American or Euro and thus white. And even foreigners are covered by Philippine laws.

Shame, shame, shame! Don't do it!
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Well this thread has gone a bit sour. But I got a bit pissed off with my friend from Guangzhou mocking mongers in Nana last night. It's a bad idea to mouth off anywhere that guns and knives are in such wide circulation (i.e. both Phillies and Thailand)!!!

Getting the thread back on track, maybe Falcon and I should try some cold approaching in Terminal 21. It's awash with hot girls from all over Asia. I should have chatted to the Chinese girls who mocked my dinner the other night.

I'm also trying to find some places that are less farang frequented.

Back in China I did get a photo of two girls I befriended in a park. Girls always love photos they can post to their social media outlets.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
Ava Paige
Freshman Poster

Post by Ava Paige »

I've always wondered how picking up girls will work here in Manila. Now I got the answer to my question. I agree that being Asian is their plus factor, as Philippine media nowadays keep on popularizing some foreign Asian drama from Korea, Taiwan, Japan, etc. so yeah, that explains why girls were very welcoming towards them. I can say they're amused and attracted at the same time, with timid and shy smiles.
davewe
Experienced Poster

Post by davewe »

ladislav wrote:
At the malls, whenever Mguy saw an older white guy with a young Filipina (who almost wouldn't ever be middle-class), he'd shout out, "Monger!" Or, he'd make some weird noises. Hehehe. Razz
This is not nice. They could be a married couple. Or that man could be me. Or any of our members here. Please refrain- this is highly offensive and not appropriate. Unless you see a person coming out of a whorehouse or with a hooker from a hooker bar, you are making a race-based assumption. Totally out, gentlemen.
+1

Besides the fact that this is an immature thing to do, and judgmental, as Lad says, it is self-defeating. Perpetuating the notion that foreigners who visit Asia are mongers or some other form of less than ethical person only hurts all of us. Many Filipinas are open to dating or marrying foreigners but hesitate because of the stereotype that we are all mongers or lowlifes.

Please don't do it again.
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

ladislav wrote:You are practicing/supporting racial as well as class discrimination and insulting people in public based on racial and class assumptions. Neither the nationality nor the class of the people you demean is stated anywhere. And even if it was, why are you doing this? Is this nice? So many of HA members live in Manila and they can be with their wives there at the mall. We are trying to get away from the US discrimination and you are there fomenting it in the Philippines. Tsk-tsk-tsk. You are not helping our cause.
Thanks for the advice.

Mguy did that a distance in a relatively low volume, 2 or 3 times, with no reaction from anyone (they were over 100 meters away and it was all done behind their backs). For example, we'd be at a lower floor and they'd be near the top of an escalator. I highly doubt any one of them heard anything.

Personally that did get me a bit antsy.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Falcon wrote:
zboy1 wrote:It's so refreshing to be in a part of the world where Asian women actually like Asian men--for once. It's a really nice feeling...and the women are very approachable throughout most (though not ALL) of Asia, except in the heavily Westernized Asian countries like S. Korea and Taiwan...
Mguy and I talked about this topic a lot.

You know, middle-class Filipinas and Thais would actually prefer Asian guys over white guys.

At the malls, whenever Mguy saw an older white guy with a young Filipina (who almost wouldn't ever be middle-class), he'd shout out, "Monger!" Or, he'd make some weird noises. Hehehe. :P
1. I have a lot of nice comments to post about your report. Thanks Falcon! But this behavior by mguy sounds very mean spirited. He seems to have a chip on his shoulder about both white guys and old guys. So he really hates old white guys. They're just scum and trash to be mocked and laughed at.

2. Girls in Phils and Thai prefer to date an Asian guy over white guy? Yes, don't most people prefer their own kind throughout the world, all else equal? Why would they prefer white guys? But I'm pretty sure some white guys can still do well there too.
Last edited by Rock on September 6th, 2013, 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

Thanks for the advice.

Mguy did that a distance in a relatively low volume, 2 or 3 times, with no reaction from anyone... For example, we'd be at a lower floor and they'd be near the top of an escalator. I highly doubt any one of them heard anything.

Personally that did get me a bit antsy.
How about just being a decent human being and not spewing negative energy and racial /class discriminatory assumptions towards (a)nother human being (s) you don't even know based solely on skin color and assumed social class of the person he is with? Even if he did not hear it. That person could have been me or any other of our members here who have been in the PH for over 20 years and you are just new guys on the block strutting around town.

Or it could be a person with his wife- and he does not care about class as he may be a democratically-minded person who treats all people equally. Not a class snob. And should we discriminate by class and look down on people who happen to be poor? And chase "middle class"? I personally don't care. People are people. Neither should you.

Many Americans served in the Philippines and stayed there and got married. Many stayed there for 20-30 years and got citizenship and can be strolling around the mall with their wives. Are you going to assume they are mongers?

Tens of thousands of Americans died defending the Philippines. Died alongside their Filipino comrades in arms. Most were white Americans. The Filipino people remember that. They are taught that in schools. The friendship is strong. K-POP and Soap operas do popularize Asian men and it's good as everyone should now be treated equally. But don't start rejoicing in anti-white competition. It's not what we HA members are all about.

Thais otoh, did not fight alongside Americans and have no bond with Americans. They have a bond with the Chinese and like people who look Chinese because it means rich.

Plus race is not on a Filipino person's mind so please do not bring this into the country.
As far as them preferring to date an Asian guy did you do a survey?- a white guy who speaks Tagalog or Visaya has girls calling him and giving him numbers all the time. Ask me. And he's treated as a family member. Filipinos are not Americans so race, shmace is not wired into them.

And even if he is a monger, what two consenting adults do is their own business.
(they were over 100 meters away and it was all done behind their backs)

No shyt. So, you guys are now gossiping and badmouthing people behind their backs. Could be me or one of our HA guys here.

Don't do it!
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
marklambo
Junior Poster

Post by marklambo »

Ava Paige wrote:I've always wondered how picking up girls will work here in Manila. Now I got the answer to my question. I agree that being Asian is their plus factor, as Philippine media nowadays keep on popularizing some foreign Asian drama from Korea, Taiwan, Japan, etc. so yeah, that explains why girls were very welcoming towards them. I can say they're amused and attracted at the same time, with timid and shy smiles.
Filipinas are pretty easy in general to pick up. I could only imagine them being even easier in the Philippines.
Private Investment Club
3%-5% a month average returns. No trading involved, all collateral based with low risk. PM for details.

Private Jet Flights
PM for details.
kai1275
Experienced Poster

Post by kai1275 »

Hating on another man, who is getting his dick wet, in front of his broad, is stuff only player haters pull. Stop cock blocking. At least they are getting some. Stop hating. If you are not a card carrying player hater from Dave Chapelle's show, stfu.

/Square Business
marklambo
Junior Poster

Post by marklambo »

kai1275 wrote:Hating on another man, who is getting his dick wet, in front of his broad, is stuff only player haters pull. Stop cock blocking. At least they are getting some. Stop hating. If you are not a card carrying player hater from Dave Chapelle's show, stfu.

/Square Business
When guys do that, it's a sign of weakness inside them. Whether it be jealousy, lack of confidence, or straight up hating. Many Western travel abroad because they want to find a decent looking gf/wife instead of the fat whales they have back home. Kudos to the guy finding a hot chic he's happy with, even if he had to travel abroad to do it. It doesn't always mean he's a mongerer, he could very well be in love and is happy.
Private Investment Club
3%-5% a month average returns. No trading involved, all collateral based with low risk. PM for details.

Private Jet Flights
PM for details.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

I agree that it's better not to throw around insults in public but before people pile on Mguy let me just say he's still a pretty good guy and legit. I've been talking to him via PM for awhile now and he speaks his mind as he sees it. Plus he has way more credibility when it comes to women over a couple not long term posters on here who claim to be SEA gurus.
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

zboy1 wrote:It's so refreshing to be in a part of the world where Asian women actually like Asian men--for once. It's a really nice feeling...and the women are very approachable throughout most (though not ALL) of Asia, except in the heavily Westernized Asian countries like S. Korea and Taiwan...
If I weren't so "grandote" (Grawn-dough-tay) in Spanish-speaking S. America (Falcon knows that Spanish term jajaja!), I wouldn't be called a "brasileño" (Bra-sihl-lain-yo). That's all I got asked of me, even when I had gone into the Afro cities and provinces of Colombia. lol

I guess Brasil is my niche and nowhere else from what I have seen LOL.

I don't even think I would fit in even Lusophone countries like Angola and Mozambique. Maybe CV (i.e. Cape Verde) I would. LOL
kai1275
Experienced Poster

Post by kai1275 »

Repatriate wrote:I agree that it's better not to throw around insults in public but before people pile on Mguy let me just say he's still a pretty good guy and legit. I've been talking to him via PM for awhile now and he speaks his mind as he sees it. Plus he has way more credibility when it comes to women over a couple not long term posters on here who claim to be SEA gurus.
He is polite in PMs and posting for the most part but, he needs to grow up. Stuff like that are serious man code violations. Most of us agree on nothing, but shit like that will make all of us lose respect for him as a man and a person.