Dating.HappierAbroad.com Real or Sketch?

For Asian Americans to discuss Asian American issues and topics.
SSG_Church
Freshman Poster

Dating.HappierAbroad.com Real or Sketch?

Post by SSG_Church »

Hi I'm Church,

I just found this happierabroad website a few days ago and it really rung a bell in me as to how dysfunctional the American dating scene is, especially for AAMs. I'm an Asian Male who really prefers White Females and atm want to keep it that way, so I'm not looking to stop by China and Taiwan as I'm really looking to date outside of the Asian gene pool. In California, even in the SF Bay Area, it took me 17 damn years to get my first girlfriend and kiss.

So anyways, I digressed with my intro. I just signed up and browsed through the Personals on this site: dating.happierabroad.com and within 2 days I got 3 or 4 "girls from Russia" message me already. Now to view these messages, I need to pay for a silver or gold membership in order to conform to some international dating standard law set by the US (which I read and thought it was pretty legit being from THOMAS library of Congress and all), which is pretty pricey for merely satisfying curiosity. My internal scam alert is going off the charts thinking, "if I cave into this now, how the hell am I expect to detect coy and BS from the infamously deceitful women of Europe, especially Russia?

Any had similar experience? I know I just completed my profile so there's no f-ing way chicks from Russia, who are biased against Chinese, would even start browsing for me without me talking to them first. I don't doubt the legitimacy of needing to pay for screening for sex offenders and yadda yadda. I just doubt the legitimacy of the messages I've been receiving but can't read.

I see some honest looking posts and stories on this forum so I assume it'll be a pretty major feat for this entire forum to be a paid for scam routine. If so, well played.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Welcome Church.

Always great to hear from another Asian bro. I knew a guy named Church when I was in junior high. Do people think it's a strange name? I mean, who wants to be thought of as a "church"? lol

Of course this forum is real. If you look at the threads, you can tell that they are human generated, not computer generated. lol

As to the dating site, well I just implemented it into this site. So I can't say much about it at this point. It is new and the designers are trying to fix many bugs in it. A small company runs it. So far they seem legit. The features on it are too elaborate for it to be dishonest. The great thing about it is that it can be placed into a subdomain on this site.

The IMBRA law you're referring to is not something you pay for. It's something you are supposed to fill out a form for, as a background check. What you pay for is membership to write back the girls. Every paid dating site works like that.

I created a profile on there too, and got no responses from anyone. Maybe you have a good looking photo on there? :)

If you are tight on cash and can't afford to "waste money" trying out something, then don't try it. Let others try it first and see what happens. For now, you can try out the more established dating sites here:

http://www.happierabroad.com/ebook/Page90a.htm

I've also listed some free dating sites on there too, if you want to try them out.

Anyway, welcome to the site and I hope you'll browse all the main pages at the links in the menu at the top or from the home page. Feel free to share your experiences here.

Thanks,
Winston
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
SSG_Church
Freshman Poster

Post by SSG_Church »

Hey Winston,

Admin who responds to members! Wow, that's awesome! Yeah, Church is the nickname I picked up in High School when kids can't really pronounce my given first name, Winson (no t), and so I became a Winston. During some history class, I got retitled as Churchill which then later developed into Church and it stuck. I am, however, far from a saint.

Back to the personal part of this website though. It's like my mailbox that tells me I have received messages from these raging good looking girls around my age but when I try to read these letters, it doesn't show or it just tells me I need to upgrade my stats. Seems kinda counter-intuitive to not at least tell me what the "good news" is or what not so I'd be tempted into buying a longer subscription to respond... that or the girls stops by drop hate messages so I get like a curiosity bait-and-switch xD

Either way, I am curious about the messages,but I'm not sure if I'm willing to pay $30 just to see if it's even a sentence long. I'll keep checking out your website though, I like a lot of what I'm reading. I'm really stoked about visiting Europe regardless and I just bumped it up to my #1 plan next Spring Break or Summer when I'm a loaded chamber of angst and attitude, with a wad of ATM cards and ridiculous expectations =D.

I'll also check out the other sites. Thanks again!

Cheers!
Church
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Wow so your real name is Winston too? What are the odds? What a coincidence!

On that personals site, I can't even access my mailbox. It says it's down or "disc full" or something. I have no idea why.

Just try the other dating sites linked above from the menu bar.

How did you find this site?

Are you Chinese, Korean or Japanese American?

Yeah I check this forum sometimes, cause I love using forums. That's why I started one, besides giving my mailing list a discussion community.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
SSG_Church
Freshman Poster

Post by SSG_Church »

I know! Crazy odds!

I'm Chinese. I found this site when I was looking for AMWF related articles and literature. Dating advices and all. Funny thing was, I found you to share the exact same opinion about the "Asian Playboy" and his boot camp program - A dubious load of it and insincere.

About the Personal's mailbox system... Wow, that sounds jenkie. I hope they get that fixed soon. If those girls really did message me, it'd be rude for me not to respond because they really are cute looking and nice having initiative and all... but most importantly, doesn't smoke.

Are you using a free, or one of the silver or gold subscriptions?

I looked at some of the EuroRussian.com stuff. Too many of the pics looks modeled and unreal, and when cross referenced it with "scam" on google, most users warn about the constant lurking of scammers and loose requirements to be a member. Hence why I like your personals' site better. Seems more stringent and real... if only I could confirm it works.

Are there other parts of Europe you'd recommend that has less bias against Chinese males? I'm not looking to marry, I'm way too young for that (20 yo). I just want to hang out, date, and seeing what the rest of the world is like compared to the US... put your theory about American women compared to the rest of the world (Europe only for this instance) to the test. Experience life more than America and China (where I've lived in for about eight years total).
Nate
Freshman Poster

Re: Dating.HappierAbroad.com Real or Sketch?

Post by Nate »

SSG_Church wrote:Hi I'm Church,

I just found this happierabroad website a few days ago and it really rung a bell in me as to how dysfunctional the American dating scene is, especially for AAMs. I'm an Asian Male who really prefers White Females and atm want to keep it that way, so I'm not looking to stop by China and Taiwan as I'm really looking to date outside of the Asian gene pool. In California, even in the SF Bay Area, it took me 17 damn years to get my first girlfriend and kiss.

So anyways, I digressed with my intro. I just signed up and browsed through the Personals on this site: dating.happierabroad.com and within 2 days I got 3 or 4 "girls from Russia" message me already. Now to view these messages, I need to pay for a silver or gold membership in order to conform to some international dating standard law set by the US (which I read and thought it was pretty legit being from THOMAS library of Congress and all), which is pretty pricey for merely satisfying curiosity. My internal scam alert is going off the charts thinking, "if I cave into this now, how the hell am I expect to detect coy and BS from the infamously deceitful women of Europe, especially Russia?

Any had similar experience? I know I just completed my profile so there's no f-ing way chicks from Russia, who are biased against Chinese, would even start browsing for me without me talking to them first. I don't doubt the legitimacy of needing to pay for screening for sex offenders and yadda yadda. I just doubt the legitimacy of the messages I've been receiving but can't read.

I see some honest looking posts and stories on this forum so I assume it'll be a pretty major feat for this entire forum to be a paid for scam routine. If so, well played.

There is no figuring a man's taste in women. How true. You prefer white women? How is that working out? Not so good I bet.
The alternatives go far beyond Chinese though. I'm white...would not date a white woman on a dare. SE Asia works well for me.
Why thrash around in the white realm when it is so problematic?

If you are referring to any Russian dating deal anything like Anastasia or one of their copy cats, they will take your money and their busy staff will write plenty of letters to you posing as the girls in question. They are highly fraudulent in my estimation.

You are stuck on white women..17 years for a hug and kiss...thats failure bro... A month in the Philippines would likely change your entire perspective. Don't be in love with your own doom....
SSG_Church
Freshman Poster

Post by SSG_Church »

Nate wrote:
There is no figuring a man's taste in women. How true. You prefer white women? How is that working out? Not so good I bet.
The alternatives go far beyond Chinese though. I'm white...would not date a white woman on a dare. SE Asia works well for me.

If you are referring to any Russian dating deal anything like Anastasia or one of their copy cats, they will take your money and their busy staff will write plenty of letters to you posing as the girls in question. They are highly fraudulent in my estimation.

You are stuck on white women..17 years for a hug and kiss...thats failure bro... A month in the Philippines would likely change your entire perspective. Don't be in love with your own doom....
Hey Nate,

Thanks for tuning in, I figured I'd get grilled for being so set on white women eventually. Yeah, I do prefer white women and I know typical white women aren't the top bunk of anything really, except right now they're "what Asian guys can't have." I can always swing by SE Asia later and be a total stud. While I'm young (20) though, I want to break barriers and feel good in having done so. I've got a few years to challenge myself and people's perspectives. It's win-win. If I get my way, I win, if I don't I switch. I'm clean dating material and I know it. I'm just sick of the American dating regulations and wanted to give Europe a try.

By the way, my first girlfriend happened when I was 17 (I was back from China in 2002 since 1997), and by the time it ended a year later, it was more than just "hugs and kisses." Within a month I dated also another white girl (known through my friend/roommate) that lasted also another year of fun and miserable adventures...in bed xD. So really, I don't think I did that badly with white women in particular. I would just like to know if Europe were any better of an option.

Back to your question about the Russians dating sites. Dude, it's the internet! Of course there's loads of scammers. I could be one for all you know! I'm just trying to mark destinations to visit when I'm in Europe so I have a flight path (well, train), not set up dates over the internet. That internet dating crap doesn't even work jack-squat in the Continental US. I read some guy's poor story of staying in a motel to visit this one and only girl and being shafted for thousands of dollars in Ukraine. I'm nothing like that. If my BS alert goes off, it's curtains and next city/town I go with everything else in between the cities. I figure dating.happierabroad.com might have some credibility, it being Winston Wu's offshoot project and all. The site already understands my frustration so I'm just including it in my planning options along with visiting friends of friends. This is pretty much as niche as a niche market gets.

My logic is something like this: I'm planning a trip to Europe anyways, so I might as well know or think I know some people over there so I have some people to visit or lack thereof. If dating.happierabroad.com has legit people that I can meet in person, then what the hell, why not? Toss them onboard. If I meet a real person with everything they said they were, I'm sure we'll hit it off just fine. If it's all full of horseshit, I can always come back and flame the crap out of the sites.

It's the adventure I'm after, not the women. Though they help supply it.
Nate
Freshman Poster

Post by Nate »

Nate wrote:
SSG_Church wrote:Hi I'm Church,

Church-

If you are even having the discussion at 20, you are ahead of most. At 20, just having the adventure and building experience is not a bad place to be, no matter what your interest might be. I had figured you to be older I guess. At 20, I wish I had the insight to go overseas,no matter where that may have been.