First Indian-American Miss America Has Racists Very Angry

For Asian Americans to discuss Asian American issues and topics.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

First Indian-American Miss America Has Racists Very Angry

Post by zboy1 »

Geez...how low can America get?

Racists take over Internet after new Miss America crowned
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/features ... 89897.post

The First Indian-American Miss America Has Racists Very, Very Confused
http://www.theatlanticwire.com/entertai ... sed/69439/

The Ugly, Racist Response to an Indian-American Miss America
http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/ ... acist.html

Miss America's response to the outpouring of hate and racism against her:

Miss America: "I have to rise above that."

Hey Ladislav, are your beloved Americans and fellow White people really as tolerant as you say they are? Or, as usual, will you say that only Asians are racists and bad people according to you...Even your fellow Zionist, Israel boot-licker thinks the racism is "troubling":
Abraham Foxman, national director of the Anti-Defamation League, called the hate-filled messages on social media "deeply troubling."

For other, more despicable tweets and comments, the link to the Buzzfeed article is here:
http://www.buzzfeed.com/ryanhatesthis/a ... ican-woman

Normally, I despise the Zionist Anti-Defamation League, but in this case...I think their comments were spot on...

BTW, does anyone else find the new Miss America absolutely stunning? She's pretty hot, I must say. I've always had a thing for Indian chicks...

Last edited by zboy1 on September 17th, 2013, 6:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

BTW, I know some of you are going to criticize me for posting this article, and wondering...what does this story have to do with being "HappierAbroad?"

Well, I contend that, as an Asian American, one reason why I moved out of the U.S. was because of garbage like this: I ask myself, why should I subject myself to this type of treatment towards me because of the 'color of my skin' or my ethnicity? I just think it would better for Asian Americans to head back home--where we will be treated much better than we are back in "America," or any other Anglo/Western country for that matter...

And I know Ladislav will chime in and complain that "Asian Americans" or a unified "Pan-Asian" identity doesn't exist; well, I know that already! I'm just saying that overseas Asians would be treated much better in their own native countries than in America; for example, Filipino-Americans should head back to the Philippines; Japanese Americans back to Japan; Chinese Americans to China, etc. Of course, a good alternative for Asian Americans would be Thailand and the Philippines--as stated by many Asian posters on HappierAbroad before.
Killhoffa
Freshman Poster

Post by Killhoffa »

Great observation ZBoy, Congratulations on your moving abroad, I've been in and out on this forum! It shows the shallowness of White Americans, particularly. They booed Mayweather, during his bout with Canelo, specifically because you can't take racial politics in the ring and most whites are still wishing for that "Great White Hope". This shows the ideology of most Racist White Americans, they think they're superior and is supposed to be handed everything simply because they're white! I've said this and have noticed it as well most white americans have an entitlement complex.
A WOMAN'S THOUGHTS DO NOT DEFINE A MAN; NOR DO HER EXPECTATIONS DICTATE HIS LIMITATIONS!
Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster

Post by Teal Lantern »

zboy1 wrote:Racists take over Internet after new Miss America crowned
BTW, I know some of you are going to criticize me for posting this article, and wondering...what does this story have to do with being "HappierAbroad?"
The web was designed to handle communications even after a nuclear war, and you consider this silly bullshit a "takeover" of the web? :roll:

"Racism" in America, Sept 2013 --
rude posts about a beauty contestant winner (0 dead, 0 injured, several feeeeel-wings hurt)

Racism in America, Sept 1963 --
16th Street Baptist Church bombing in Birmingham, Alabama (4 dead, 22 injured)

See the difference?
не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything
Renata
Experienced Poster

Post by Renata »

This is so funny. People are so stupid. Thier President is the same colour as this girl. Furthurmore he has an Arabic/muslim name. America is ruled by the most non-american person EVER! All this drama over a beauty contest?
At least she's getting alot of publicity out of all the chaos.
- It's easy to give, when you know what it's like to have nothing. -

- Develop a backbone, not a wishbone. -
deasil875
Freshman Poster

Post by deasil875 »

f**k these white bread, cornfed, cornball Americunts and the racist manginas who exhalt them. There are some times that I have seething hatred for my race and this is no exception, and its the reason I recognized this country is a toxic wasteland for my soul.

Miss America is f***ing gorgeous. She runs circles around these plastic looking, ugly masculine-looking Barbies.
Last edited by deasil875 on September 17th, 2013, 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

What troubles me the most is that Americans can't even tell an Indian from an Arab. Most of the hate is along the lines of "how could you make terrorist scum miss America". People that can't separate America's friends from its enemies and group everyone together as "sort of brown, obviously terrorist" should all be rounded up into a field and glassed (nuked). Multiculturalism is bullshit in my opinion, and there should be an American identity to assimilate into, but that identity doesn't involve the color of one's skin. Most Indians work hard to achieve the American dream, pulling 100 hour weeks at hotels and convenience stores, so that their children can go to college and make something of themselves. They live a truer version of the American narrative than any upper middle class white kid that's had everything handed to them. They operate and start their own businesses, don't contribute to crime, and tend to become highly educated within a generation of immigrating. They are the model of what we should want people to be in this country, and here are a bunch of uneducated f***s hating on them because "9/11 was caused by brown people".
Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster

Post by Teal Lantern »

HouseMD wrote:What troubles me the most is that Americans can't even tell an Indian from an Arab. Most of the hate is along the lines of "how could you make terrorist scum miss America". People that can't separate America's friends from its enemies and group everyone together as "sort of brown, obviously terrorist" should all be rounded up into a field and glassed (nuked). Multiculturalism is bullshit in my opinion, and there should be an American identity to assimilate into, but that identity doesn't involve the color of one's skin. Most Indians work hard to achieve the American dream, pulling 100 hour weeks at hotels and convenience stores, so that their children can go to college and make something of themselves. They live a truer version of the American narrative than any upper middle class white kid that's had everything handed to them. They operate and start their own businesses, don't contribute to crime, and tend to become highly educated within a generation of immigrating. They are the model of what we should want people to be in this country, and here are a bunch of uneducated f***s hating on them because "9/11 was caused by brown people".
Meanwhile, we've also had at least two state governors of Indian background.
But a pageant winner is somehow the last straw. Ah, priorities. :D
не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

Miss America looks like Renata in a bowl of jerked chicken topped with va.ginal creamy curry sauce. Yums. :-p

They both have Indian blood - from what I have seen. LOL :-)
zacb
Experienced Poster

Post by zacb »

Teal Lantern wrote:
HouseMD wrote:What troubles me the most is that Americans can't even tell an Indian from an Arab. Most of the hate is along the lines of "how could you make terrorist scum miss America". People that can't separate America's friends from its enemies and group everyone together as "sort of brown, obviously terrorist" should all be rounded up into a field and glassed (nuked). Multiculturalism is bullshit in my opinion, and there should be an American identity to assimilate into, but that identity doesn't involve the color of one's skin. Most Indians work hard to achieve the American dream, pulling 100 hour weeks at hotels and convenience stores, so that their children can go to college and make something of themselves. They live a truer version of the American narrative than any upper middle class white kid that's had everything handed to them. They operate and start their own businesses, don't contribute to crime, and tend to become highly educated within a generation of immigrating. They are the model of what we should want people to be in this country, and here are a bunch of uneducated f***s hating on them because "9/11 was caused by brown people".
Who? Jindal? I thought he was Hispanic. Or someone else?
The Daily Agorist, Learn to Live Independent of the System! http://www.theagoristreview.blogspot.com
Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster

Post by Teal Lantern »

zacb wrote:
Teal Lantern wrote:
Who? Jindal? I thought he was Hispanic. Or someone else?
Piyush "Bobby" Jindal, Gov. of Louisiana
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bobby_Jindal

Nikki Haley, Gov. of South Carolina
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nikki_Haley

не поглеждай назад. 8)

zacb
Experienced Poster

Post by zacb »

Wow never knew that XD . In any case, I liked what I saw from the Indian girl and Kansas girl, although I did not see the swimsuit part for her. Knowing what I know now, I think the Indian chick was the best. In all honesty, she did not have that much competition (sorry to say). That is saying something.
The Daily Agorist, Learn to Live Independent of the System! http://www.theagoristreview.blogspot.com
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

People that can't separate America's friends from its enemies and group everyone together as "sort of brown, obviously terrorist" should all be rounded up into a field and glassed (nuked).
I'd favor a reeducation camp. Because its mostly ignorance. Some decades ago geography became an elective and you have these unwordly idiots as a result. The country is full of them. One simple geography course should be taught on that field. Belt them into the bleachers and start showing the globe with the countries in them and just some basic information about them. Project an atlas, then give a test with multiple questions on it and then release those who've passed it.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

A lot of Americans knew she was Indian, though, and still hated her:
"this is America. not India."

"Asian or indian are you kiddin this is america omg."

"Miss New York is an Indian.. With all do respect, this is America."

"Miss America? You mean Miss 7-11."

"Miss America is brought to by their sponsors PF Changs and 7-11."

"Chinese, Indians, Japanese, get out of my country!"
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

Is Miss America Too Dark-Skinned To Ever Be Crowned Miss India?

While Indian-American Nina Davuluri’s crowning elicited racist backlash in the United States, the South Asian diaspora is having a different debate.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/regajha/is-miss ... d-miss-ind

Looks like Indians, like East Asians unfortunately, have a bit of problem with "White-worshipping" and wanting "White skin" in their culture:

With very few exceptions, Indian pageants have tended to reward fairer-skinned contestants.

The most tangible effect of this mind-set is that skin-lightening products are ubiquitous — and endorsed by various celebrities.

Attitudes toward race in India and in the United States are being compared on Twitter: