Western dating sites - my test

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Mr Average
Freshman Poster

Western dating sites - my test

Post by Mr Average »

Hey guys,

I know dating sites like POF and Match.com have already been covered in a fair bit of detail on this site. Just thought I'd add my two cents.

Anyway, as with probably around 95% of guys on these sites I was getting nowhere. Now not to blow my own horn too much but I wouldnt say I'm a terrible catch. I mean I'm not that unattractive, I'm in my early 30's, I stay in shape, have a good job, well educated, own my own home, etc. But whenever I mailed anyone I was lucky to even get a response 10% of the time. Of course that response would be "not interested". So I decided to conduct a little test.

I created two fake profiles. One a guy, the other a girl. The guy profile I found some candid pics of a 20-something model taken at his home (so it would look believable). Not a famous model of course, but the type you might see advertising mens clothes or something. He had a great tan, great 6 pack, the works. I made up that he was a successful accountant and had his own home, etc. The girl profile was actually a few pics of a 20-something Russian I met on a foreign site. She was attractive, but not overly so. Maybe a 7 out of 10? Certainly no model. I kept her profile pretty brief, just she was carefree and friendly, the usual stuff. Didn't mention if she was successful or not. So really, the only thing guys had to go on were her looks basically.

So anyway, I posted both on Australia's most popular dating site (Oasis Active) about 6 months ago, sat back, and observed the responses. The guy profile got a total of 8 responses. 4 were from very unattractive overweight females, 2 were from single mums in their late 30s, and 2 were from gay guys. Now the female profile, well I'll be honest, I stopped keeping track after about 100 responses. In fact, I am *still* getting responses from guys even though I havent logged that profile in close to 6 months (about a week after I first signed up). I'd estimate it'd be up around 150 now.

So there you have it. Hardly the most scientific study ever done, but it just showed me that dating sites for guys are a complete and utter waste of time. Girls on these sites that are even moderately attractive (ie. arent fat basically) will get so many responses they wont know what to do with them. So guys, don't think the problem is with you, as feminists will no doubt tell you, it most certainly isnt the case.

Ash
well-informed
Freshman Poster

Post by well-informed »

thanks for your observations man. Online dating sucks for men in western countries, don't even bother with it. It's just wasting your time
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

The same experiment has been tried by several people, several researchers and college students for class.

The truth is sites like Match.com have been caught trying to keep men interested in memberships but no action -

On November 10, 2005, a class action lawsuit was filed by Matthew Evans against Match.com in federal court in Los Angeles alleging that Match.com "secretly employs people as 'date bait' to send bogus enticing E-mails and to go on as many as 100 dates a month - or three a day - to keep customers ponying up." The suit has been repudiated by IAC as baseless. The suit was dismissed by the United States District Court for the Central District of California on April 25, 2007.[12][13]

A class-action lawsuit filed in June 2009 accuses Match.com of matching customers with people who are non-paying customers or who are not customers at all. Match.com has said that the suit is without merit.[14] According to the complaint, filed in the United States District Court, Southern District of New York, represented by attorney Norah Hart, "Match misleads paying subscribers by charging them for the ability to write e-mails to members who can't reply to their e-mails or even read them."

These shady tactics are hard to prove in a court of law unfortunately. But it just proves that men out number women on dating sites and that the only women on dating sites are those that have trouble dating for various reasons. That usually means attractive women have too much choice or busy lifestyles they aren't ideal to deal with anyway. Then you have single parents who get offended if you say you don't want to date single mothers but demand often that you don't have children from a previous relationship. How dumb is that? Of course unattractive or fat women get action because men are desperate.

I think many of us are casual members of various sites. I've been members of some sites since the late 90's and results have been spotty at best.

The only thing to do is to look elsewhere.
ExpeditionSailor
Freshman Poster

Post by ExpeditionSailor »

djfourmoney wrote:The same experiment has been tried by several people, several researchers and college students for class.

The truth is sites like Match.com have been caught trying to keep men interested in memberships but no action -

On November 10, 2005, a class action lawsuit was filed by Matthew Evans against Match.com in federal court in Los Angeles alleging that Match.com "secretly employs people as 'date bait' to send bogus enticing E-mails and to go on as many as 100 dates a month - or three a day - to keep customers ponying up." The suit has been repudiated by IAC as baseless. The suit was dismissed by the United States District Court for the Central District of California on April 25, 2007.[12][13]

A class-action lawsuit filed in June 2009 accuses Match.com of matching customers with people who are non-paying customers or who are not customers at all. Match.com has said that the suit is without merit.[14] According to the complaint, filed in the United States District Court, Southern District of New York, represented by attorney Norah Hart, "Match misleads paying subscribers by charging them for the ability to write e-mails to members who can't reply to their e-mails or even read them."

These shady tactics are hard to prove in a court of law unfortunately. But it just proves that men out number women on dating sites and that the only women on dating sites are those that have trouble dating for various reasons. That usually means attractive women have too much choice or busy lifestyles they aren't ideal to deal with anyway. Then you have single parents who get offended if you say you don't want to date single mothers but demand often that you don't have children from a previous relationship. How dumb is that? Of course unattractive or fat women get action because men are desperate.

I think many of us are casual members of various sites. I've been members of some sites since the late 90's and results have been spotty at best.

The only thing to do is to look elsewhere.
I met my first wife (she's now my ex-wife) via online dating. Biiiig mistake, oy vey. I tried match.com too at one point and experienced the same thing - being inundated with fake profiles. Other dating sites I have tried since, apart from the Happier Abroad Personals site, have all, without exception, proven to be quite worthless. Most women use them to get ego boosts and have no intention of actually meeting anyone. The surprising thing is the fact that women will actually pay to get all those ego strokes. The fact that they would resort to such behaviour is disturbing, too.

Apart from the massive imbalance in male-female ratios, the vast majority of dating sites deliberately use fake profiles, not just because they can't get the women to sign up in the first place. They also do it because they really don't want people to succeed and find relationships, because everyone who does succeed automatically becomes a non-paying customer.

I predict that before the next five years are up, the vast majority of online dating sites are going to disappear mostly because many men are starting to get wise about the scam.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Dating expert Don Steele said, "Your not going to find any good looking women on the internet. If the woman was good looking ............. she wouldn't be using the interent." How true that is! Why would a good looking woman have to resort to using the internet to meet men? She would only do it to stroke her ego and build up her self esteem.

I read a statistic that said 80% of people who use online dating are men and only 20% are women! :shock:

POF stands for Plenty of Fish but it should stand for, "Plenty of Fatties." lol :lol:

Internet dating is a complete and utter waste of time! Your much better off trying to meet people face to face, instead of wasting your time using internet dating!
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
Mr Average
Freshman Poster

Post by Mr Average »

Oh yeah, I avoid those sites like the plague now (the Aussie ones that is, still use Cherry Blossoms and Date In Asia). You can generally spot the fake ones a mile off anyway. Telltale signs are hot looking women between 20-25 looking for guys in a large age range (say 25 to 40). Their profiles are usually pretty vague and they dont have many demands for their ideal match (and seriously what anglobitch, esp. a good looking one, wouldnt have a list of "must-haves" in a partner at least a mile long?). And even if not a fake profile, as ExpeditionSailor pointed out, you would get nowhere with them anyway as they are only after an ego boost.

Nope, my time on Aussie dating websites is well and truly over. Well, except for Plenty of Fish. I love searching that site just for laughs. It has by far the largest percentage of trashy feral females that are so deluded they think they can demand their guys meet all their rediculous criteria. Not sure how it is in other parts of the world, but if you do an Australian search of POF I'd say a good 70-80% are fat single mums with tramp stamps, dropped out of school at 15, live in government housing (courtesy of me as a taxpayer), list their hobbies as getting drunk, watching footy or car racing. Of course they all want a tall, dark and handsome man with a good job, who will care for their 5 kids (to 5 different guys), never complain, treat them like a princess and make them laugh. Good luck!!
keius
Freshman Poster

Post by keius »

Another informal "study"....sigh....
Fenix
Junior Poster

Post by Fenix »

You forgot to mention that women also hit up other women so they are getting messages from men and women. They are on a cyber Smorgasbord. The women are not gay either; many of them are straight or bisexual. Online dating is a scam just like the PUA movement.