Moving to fUSSR!

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
MatureDJ
Junior Poster

Moving to fUSSR!

Post by MatureDJ »

OK, after many years, transitioning from a stable job and an American dating scene that seemed to dry up in the mid 90's, to surviving cancer, to wild Gold Rush times of the Tech Boom that gave me the cash and time to be able to travel to the fUSSR, to being left homeless by a natural disaster, to having the tech consulting market go down the tubes, and take capital losses on the order of $40K, in the Great Recession, to going through Chapter 7 bankruptcy, to wind up with an old car and a dinky little house, but fortunately still a fairly respectable IRA, I'm ready to embark on becoming an English teacher in the former USSR, spending 10-11 months abroad.

Unlike earlier forays into the fUSSR, instead of thinking of meeting a woman to take back to the USA, I know actually WANT to stay in the fUSSR (at least for a while, until my IRA can grow to the point in which I could properly support a family in the USA) because of the low cost of living, and incredibly, better job prospects, since a native English speaker with a tech background can do better (considering the total implicit tax in the USA) in a country that does outsourcing, since that country would have the tech jobs being outsourced!

The toughest thing is to start *thinking* like a local there. I think that with my attitude that I don't have to act quickly, that I will be able to enjoy being a man in real man's country.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Great. Keep us updated.

You told me you were in Ukraine. How is it there? Can you give us a trip report?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Moving to fUSSR!

Post by ladislav »

Former USSR is a very diverse place. Where are you and how do you find the whole thing?
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
MatureDJ
Junior Poster

Post by MatureDJ »

As I am going through the 1 year cycle on my trip and leaving Kiev for a few months, I should probably give a trip report. I pretty much laid low for this trip. In the past I would use agencies to fix me up with dates, but since I am now poor, I don't want to have to pay for them. I have tried sites like mheart,ru, but that takes an enormous amount of time to go through. I need to concentrate on a few sites that have a single charge per month that has women that looking specifically for foreign men.

I have become involved in an English club, and have met some women that way, but none were quite good enough for me to want to date, although if it turned out that one of them is looking for a f**k buddy, I would happily oblige.
have2fly
Junior Poster

Post by have2fly »

Jeez! You've lived in Kiev and relied on Agencies??? OMG! How about talking to ANY women on the street? In the bus? Subway? Cafe? Macdonalds? Just ask something stupid, like "Give me directions to bla-bla". If she smiles and looks interested, ask if she has a few minutes for a quick coffee/lunch. If yes, you are IN! If not, then ask for a phone number. It is THAT easy. I pickup Work and Travel chicks in the USA all the time just like that or even easier - I drive up and ask them in Russian "How are you doing girls?" (kak dela devushki?) and go from there. I had a few same night stands that way, had relationships or just flirts. But if I was in Kiev, oh boy :) But I am still below 30, but age doesn't matter in Ukraine as much. It could be even beneficial as Ukrainian girls think of older guys as mature, experienced and able to support a family better.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

have2fly wrote:Jeez! You've lived in Kiev and relied on Agencies??? OMG! How about talking to ANY women on the street? In the bus? Subway? Cafe? Macdonalds? Just ask something stupid, like "Give me directions to bla-bla". If she smiles and looks interested, ask if she has a few minutes for a quick coffee/lunch. If yes, you are IN! If not, then ask for a phone number. It is THAT easy.
Is it really that easy to meet women in Ukraine that way? So apparently they are open to the idea of meeting men in public places like bookstores, grocery stores and in a cafe. They sound just as friendly and approachable as the women in Russia. Which country has the friendliest women, or are the women in both Russia and Ukraine equally friendly? :D
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

Russians are much friendlier, Ukrainians are more stuck up and mistrustful. But again, if you are a mumbling faltering foreigner speaking the language staltingly, you are not a threat and should do well in both places.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

Any place is a good place to meet women ... outside of USA and Canada. If you were in continental Europe, you'd be able to get at least 2 women in bed a week if you wanted that kind of thing.

It is only in the Anglophone world that things are so difficult and women so standoffish.
have2fly
Junior Poster

Post by have2fly »

Is it really that easy to meet women in Ukraine that way? So apparently they are open to the idea of meeting men in public places like bookstores, grocery stores and in a cafe. They sound just as friendly and approachable as the women in Russia. Which country has the friendliest women, or are the women in both Russia and Ukraine equally friendly?
YES! Anywhere in public, girls EXPECT and HOPE for a guy to start talking to them! Just ask something dumb and if she smiles and looks interested - ask phone number or invite her to have a coffee RIGHT THAT MOMENT! She will ALWAYS give you her number if she is interested. If not, you will see another 20 hot girls in a few steps away. Well, I'd say 80% of girls would be considered "pretty" to "stunning hot" in Russia or Ukraine. Just them being skinny, I'd say 80% are very nice, skinny, with curves in proper places.

What's the best is that she will NEVER think of you being "creepy, stalky, weirdo or asshole" for talking to her. If one in a hundred does, well, whatever :lol: But you get the idea. Most by far will enjoy talking to you.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

have2fly wrote:YES! Anywhere in public, girls EXPECT and HOPE for a guy to start talking to them! Just ask something dumb and if she smiles and looks interested - ask phone number or invite her to have a coffee RIGHT THAT MOMENT! She will ALWAYS give you her number if she is interested. If not, you will see another 20 hot girls in a few steps away. Well, I'd say 80% of girls would be considered "pretty" to "stunning hot" in Russia or Ukraine. Just them being skinny, I'd say 80% are very nice, skinny, with curves in proper places.

What's the best is that she will NEVER think of you being "creepy, stalky, weirdo or asshole" for talking to her. If one in a hundred does, well, whatever :lol: But you get the idea. Most by far will enjoy talking to you.
That sounds great! To live in a country where approaching women in public is NOT considerred "creepy" and "weird" like it is here in America! :D
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

J.Adama wrote:Any place is a good place to meet women ... outside of USA and Canada. If you were in continental Europe, you'd be able to get at least 2 women in bed a week if you wanted that kind of thing.

It is only in the Anglophone world that things are so difficult and women so standoffish.
How true, it's only in the anglo-countries where women are so unfriendly and standoffish. This behavior does not exist in most countries in the world. Just look at the videos Winston made when he was in eastern Europe and Russia. Try meeting women that way in the USA! :shock:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4lcaKIZ ... re=related[/youtube]
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."