UPDATE: The Forum has been RESTORED! See announcement here. Welcome back everyone!

Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.

View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       FAQ Topics       Mobile Theme

Cost of living around the world

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: fschmidt, jamesbond

FuzzX
Freshman Poster

Cost of living around the world

Post by FuzzX » March 31st, 2010, 12:08 am

Ok I thought I would create a thread that I really think should be a sticky here.

We need one solid thread that shows the average rent for a 2 bedroom apartment in every country in the world followed by links to sites... I think that would be extremely handy to be able to look up.

MEXICO:
----------
I can tell you for Mexico you can rent a 2 bedroom town house in Guadalajara for between 300 and 350 per month. In Toluca, Mexico you can get the same thing for $150 to $200 and in Puerto Vallarta I've rented a 3 bedroom apartment behind walmart for $300 per month. Food cost me between 30 and 60 dollars per month to stock my refridgerator full.

KOREA:
---------
In Korea I had a tiny little closet of an apartment for $1000 per month The prices of grocercies in Korea match those found here in Canada.

JAPAN:
--------
In Japan I paid $700 for a crap 2 bedroom apartment. Food was twice or three times the amount here in Canada... the only cheap thing you could eat was ramen noodles...blech.

BRAZIL:
---------
In Brazil I rented a small 1 bedroom apartment for $700 but I know that I was getting a bad deal because I've seen rents quite a bit cheaper. Brazil the food is very good and is about half the cost of living in Canada.

Check out our Dating Sites and International Romance Tours!