Americans have less friends now than 20 years ago

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Winston
Site Admin

Americans have less friends now than 20 years ago

Post by Winston »

http://www.real-success.ca/ebooks/101_R ... apters.pdf

"Interestingly, friendship is one of the most researched subjects on the
Internet. This indicates that millions of people are interested in creating new
friendships and enhancing old ones. Given how important friendship is in our
lives, have you ever noticed how little has been written on the subject?
Compare, for example, the number of books written on how to handle money
to the number of books on how to create and maintain great friends.

Yet in many ways friendship is much more valuable to us than money.
Indeed, our human interactions, particularly those with close friends, provide
most of the joys or disappointments we have in life. It follows that you can’t
experience real success in life unless you have real friends.

Taking into account that passing time with friends provides us with so
much joy and happiness, the question you have to ask yourself is, “Do I have
enough close friends?�

According to a study reported in the June 2006 issue of
American Sociological Review, American adults, who shocked pollsters in
1985 when they said they had only three close friends, said they had just two
in 2006. Moreover, the number who said that they have no one to discuss
important matters with has doubled to one in four. The study found that men
and women of every race, age, and education level reported fewer intimate
friends than a similar survey indicated in 1985."
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

I read this article a while ago and it proves there are a lot of lonely people in America. It's sad but true. If people in America would at least talk to their neighbors that would go a long way in connecting with other people. I read a statistic that said, only 7% of Americans socialize with their neighbors! That's ridiculous! I wonder what the stats are in other countries where people are friendlier. Welcome to the United Lonely States of America! :cry:
Enishi
Freshman Poster

Post by Enishi »

I cant say this is true for me, I have around 20 people I can talk to on a close, intimate basis (most of them coming from the goth group I hang out with).

As to whether or not these people would risk their lives for me if TSHF, however, I am not sure, it might only be 6-8 in that case.
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Americans have less friends now than 20 years ago

Post by Winston »

New chart that says Americans have fewer friends in 2021 than in 1990.

https://www.axios.com/american-society- ... 8f2cb.html

So its not only people with Asperger's who can't make friends in America or are painfully shy or too busy. So why does everyone on YouTube claim most people are extroverts and social butterflies except for aspies and introverts? Thats not true at all but everyone assumes that, including @momopi. Very weird.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
kangarunner
Experienced Poster

Post by kangarunner »

This article by Umair Haque references that link above: https://eand.co/how-bad-is-american-lif ... 7fe75f121c
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FNHSiPFtvA

Big booty hunter. I'm out hunting for the booty.
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Tsar »

kangarunner wrote:
July 30th, 2021, 4:19 am
This article by Umair Haque references that link above: https://eand.co/how-bad-is-american-lif ... 7fe75f121c
I never had a friend, especially not a real friend IRL, in America in all the time I lived in that miserable, overpriced, declining nation. Being abroad, even if I am alone, is much better than being in that miserable, toxic nation.

Honestly, the place is like a shopping mall on Black Friday with artificial scarcity of products, plus a nation-size gulag work camp, where Incel is societal mandate, and the unnatural is promoted as normal. Really, that is insane for a society.

Most people if they have friends must be mega-rich, celebrities, LGBTQ+, feminists, Jewish, Sorority Sluts, Fraternity Chads, or minorities. Any straight male that isn't some sort of minority in America rarely has friends or any chance of friendship.

America is a race to the bottom in everything...living standards, quality of life, decency, respect, wages, education, healthcare, and everything.

The best thing anyone can do if they want offspring is have their family outside of the United States (and any Anglo-origin society).
I'm a visionary and a philosopher king 👑
kangarunner
Experienced Poster

Post by kangarunner »

Tsar wrote:
July 31st, 2021, 3:37 pm
kangarunner wrote:
July 30th, 2021, 4:19 am
I never had a friend, especially not a real friend IRL, in America in all the time I lived in that miserable, overpriced, declining nation. Being abroad, even if I am alone, is much better than being in that miserable, toxic nation.

Honestly, the place is like a shopping mall on Black Friday with artificial scarcity of products, plus a nation-size gulag work camp, where Incel is societal mandate, and the unnatural is promoted as normal. Really, that is insane for a society.

Most people if they have friends must be mega-rich, celebrities, LGBTQ+, feminists, Jewish, Sorority Sluts, Fraternity Chads, or minorities. Any straight male that isn't some sort of minority in America rarely has friends or any chance of friendship.

America is a race to the bottom in everything...living standards, quality of life, decency, respect, wages, education, healthcare, and everything.

The best thing anyone can do if they want offspring is have their family outside of the United States (and any Anglo-origin society).
Completely agree. It's a consumerism culture. Life in America is an endless competition and people only want to associate with other people who can help them get ahead in this endless competition.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FNHSiPFtvA

Big booty hunter. I'm out hunting for the booty.
OutcastedPhilosopher
Freshman Poster

Post by OutcastedPhilosopher »

America is f***ed up