Which Citizenship Would You Take Up?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Which Citizenship Would You Take Up?

Post by yick »

I am a dual national of the UK and Peru - which is good, the Peruvian passport is a very good passport and gives you certain rights that the UK passport does not - being able to live anywhere in South America with freedom of movement amongst the Andean Community and easy access to work and live in MERCOSUR as well as visa free travel to Iran and Russia.

But if I was to become a citizen of another country it would be Spain! Though they're EU and that is a big factor these days with the fuckwit Brexit predictably going wrong - I have a lot of Spanish ancestry and that is the main driving force behind my choice - I have a cultural and blood connection to the country which I feel is important and can trace my mum's ancestry all the way back to there to the town they came from.

I wouldn't take any other nationality and especially not for tax reasons - I wouldn't drop my current citizenships to become St Lucian like Nomad Capitalist Andrew Henderson has or take on another citizenship I have no blood or ancestral link to - like Swedish or Korean and I wouldn't take Chinese citizenship if it was offered to me unless I could keep my current citizenships.

I would love to take Russian citizenship though! :lol: that would be ace! If Putin had offered it to me like he did Roy Jones, Segal, Deparideu etc then I would have snatched his arm off! :lol:
willymonfrete
Junior Poster

Re: Which Citizenship Would You Take Up?

Post by willymonfrete »

Russian citizenship would be ideal for me personally,but I am most cherishing my EU passport.I do not want to live in the USA for long.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

I am holding Austrian (EU) citizenship but I am also holding Japanese permanent residence permit (for life, independent from my marriage with a Japanese wife).

Austrian passport is a very good passport. I can travel to many countries worldwide as a tourist and return anytime to Japan and EU territory.

The most powerful passports of 2023: (Austria is rank 4)
https://www.forbesindia.com/article/exp ... gs/86811/1
Shemp
Experienced Poster

Post by Shemp »

If you reside officially in Spain, taxes are horrible. I'd probably take Bulgarian citizenship to get Schengen access and make my primary residence there, then visit Spain. Taxes are low in Bulgaria and dual tax treaty with USA (very important for US citizens because we are taxed by USA regardless of residence). I'm still not fluent in Bulgaria but it's close to Russian so I can communicate with Bulgarians with some effort.

I have no ancestry connections with Bulgaria. French would be my strongest ancestry connection. France has a great tax treaty with USA but I'm not sure if it still applies if French citizen. French taxes are as bad as those of Spain for French only citizens.

Russian citizenship might cause problems in Ukraine. Ukraine doesn't allow dual citizenship and I don't want to be too closely tied to that madhouse anyway. Belorussian would probably be best, assuming they allow dual citizenship, since free access to both Russia and Ukraine.
WanderingProtagonist
Experienced Poster

Post by WanderingProtagonist »

willymonfrete wrote:
November 11th, 2023, 6:51 pm
Russian citizenship would be ideal for me personally,but I am most cherishing my EU passport.I do not want to live in the USA for long.
EU is just like the US though, so why would you go from one Shit part of the world to the next? Unless you are talking about
going back to Holland, but Western Europe territories might as well be called USA 2.
willymonfrete
Junior Poster

Post by willymonfrete »

WanderingProtagonist wrote:
November 11th, 2023, 8:57 pm
willymonfrete wrote:
EU is just like the US though, so why would you go from one Shit part of the world to the next? Unless you are talking about
going back to Holland, but Western Europe territories might as well be called USA 2.
Holland has much better infrastructure,no real crime,and better women(not only in looks),plus legal entheogens and hookers for cheap.

outside the randstad you find that the areas get very homogenous.
WanderingProtagonist
Experienced Poster

willymonfrete wrote:
November 12th, 2023, 7:24 am
willymonfrete wrote:
Holland has much better infrastructure,no real crime,and better women(not only in looks),plus legal entheogens and hookers for cheap.

Countries with little to no real crime are getting rarer and harder to find though. I think most of Western Europe is just bored with so much peace they intentionally import and create BS problems on purpose just like the United States. Years from now very few people will even bother to travel anymore to some of these places. They just won't be worth it. The only reason people travel to third world places in Asia is easy access to the sex. But other than that they wouldn't even bother to go if it wasn't for that.
willymonfrete
Junior Poster

Post by willymonfrete »

November 12th, 2023, 10:45 am
willymonfrete wrote:
willymonfrete wrote:

Countries with little to no real crime are getting rarer and harder to find though. I think most of Western Europe is just bored with so much peace they intentionally import and create BS problems on purpose just like the United States. Years from now very few people will even bother to travel anymore to some of these places. They just won't be worth it. The only reason people travel to third world places in Asia is easy access to the sex. But other than that they wouldn't even bother to go if it wasn't for that.
Feral negros are 2-3% of the dutch population,not 20% like the us of gay.they're concentrated in the randstad,especially amsterdam de bijlmer neighbourhood and rotterdam.
the farmers own the dutch cabinet now,they are anti-immigration.

Even in the states there are good states both democrat(north dakota,oregon)and republican(utah)that have no blacks.
WanderingProtagonist
Experienced Poster

willymonfrete wrote:
November 12th, 2023, 1:05 pm
November 12th, 2023, 10:45 am
willymonfrete wrote:
willymonfrete wrote:

Feral negros are 2-3% of the dutch population,not 20% like the us of gay.they're concentrated in the randstad,especially amsterdam de bijlmer neighbourhood and rotterdam.
the farmers own the dutch cabinet now,they are anti-immigration.

Even in the states there are good states both democrat(north dakota,oregon)and republican(utah)that have no blacks.
Oregon? LMAO you sure about that? Oregon is horrible. 2020 proved that, and from what I hear it's just another shitty overpriced liberal state. It's got the same issues as California with a homelessness Crises. You don't really need blacks in a place for it to suck, some of these modern day white people suck just as much as they do. Its just that once you add the black population there, let it grow over the years they add the extra layer of suckage to the place. I also never heard of the Dutch Cabinet.

But I think a lot of places would be anti-immigration if they weren't owned by the Jewish Elite that's trying to force all these countries to become the same. Back in the 90s I grew up around Samoans, Russians, Asians, and blacks which were all bundled in one neighborhood. Asians mostly lived as though they were living in 1970s Vietnam. Almost every backyard had a garden in it, and they also had like this fenced in area where every member of the Hmong community shared that garden. If anyone who wasn't Hmong was lingering around that garden they got hostile and was ready to run you the f**k out of there.

They kept to themselves. Even my elementary school was extremely multicultural. And there were always multicultural dances and stuff going on at the school. But as time wore on I truly felt disconnected from all of that. I noticed it when I was in Highschool and use to hang out with Hmong dudes all the time because I didn't like being around blacks or Latinos. But the thing is the Hmong guys I knew always spoke in their own language. They could all talk in English but unlike white people who pretend like they have to kiss your ass and accommodate everybody. These immigrants don't do that shit not EVER. For them it's like if you aren't one of us, you aren't one us.

Even if you can talk the language your're still not one of us.
Every single one of these people who came here from some other country truly do live as though they are still back home where they came from. Nobody wants to remove that just to assimilate even if they obey the laws they'll still break other laws like discriminating and not hiring you if you aren't one of their own. And that's because they won't be punished for it, that or either people never report them when they do it, but they'll complain if a white person were to do the same thing.

Except they don't because they are the only people that feel as though they half to be tolerant of everyone and everything while everybody else don't live or think like that here. To them it's all about sticking with their own people. I once got my ass kicked by a bunch of Asian boys, and even when everyone in that neighborhood saw it. Not a soul said shit to the police when they came to get answers as to what happened. Them people didn't say a damn word, and it's not because they feared retaliation. I mean the boys who jumped me where just teens themselves like 12-15 years old. Fact is that's how these communities in America work. Now lets say a group of white guys did that to you in a white neighborhood and white people saw it and you happen to be black..lol they would be so quick to snitch on their own just to prove how self righteous they are. They wouldn't even need to know what happened. Just the opportunity to look like they are sympathizing will trigger them to come out and put their own behind bars to look good for the media. No one else in this country would ever do that to their own people. NONE, not even blacks. :lol:
Jamessmith0901
Freshman Poster

Post by Jamessmith0901 »

Wow, it's so cool that you're a dual national of the UK and Peru! And you're right, having the Peruvian passport does sound like it can come in handy with its perks of freedom of movement in South America and such. Plus, I can totally understand the appeal of obtaining Spanish citizenship because of your ancestry. It's important to feel connected to your roots and cultural heritage. And yeah, I definitely wouldn't switch citizenships solely for tax reasons either. But I gotta say, your comment about snatching Putin's arm for Russian citizenship had me cracking up! Overall, I found your post to be really interesting and informative, thanks for sharing your thoughts!