Tinder Location Change - Does it give you worse results than physically being there?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
WesternWomenSuck
Freshman Poster

Tinder Location Change - Does it give you worse results than physically being there?

Post by WesternWomenSuck »

I tried Tinder in some African countries but never got any matches there. But then I actually physically travelled to South Africa for work, and I when I tried Tinder there I got a shitload of matches. This is despite using the free version of Tinder where you only get a limited number of swipes and no boosts. It seems like when you use the change location feature, Tinder shows your profile to less people. Has anyone else noticed this?
peregrino
Freshman Poster

Re: Tinder Location Change - Does it give you worse results than physically being there?

Post by peregrino »

Who knows how the algorithm really works. When I switch my location to Philippines I get matches. When I switch to Thailand or Vietnam or Indonesia I get less matches, but still a few. If I switch to Costa Rica I get a couple matches a day, but they're mostly hookers.

You have to assume there are thousands of guys all doing the same thing we are, so the girls raise their standards or get used to filtering us out. I think if I was located in the country or I at least had some pictures showing I was there, I'd get a lot more matches.