The New World vs. The Old World – Which do you like the best and for what reasons?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Which do you like the best?

The New World
67%
The Old World
No votes
Not Sure
33%

Total votes: 3
Lucas88
Experienced Poster

The New World vs. The Old World – Which do you like the best and for what reasons?

Post by Lucas88 »

The "New World" refers to the Americas, the lands which became European colonies after their discovery by Columbus. It includes North America, South America and the Caribbean islands.

The "Old World", on the other hand, refers to Europe, the ancestral homeland of those who colonized the New World and their descendants as well as those of us who were born here in the modern age. It includes the Germanic lands of Northern Europe and Scandinavia, the Celtic remnants of Ireland and Wales, the Latin cultures of Southern Europe, the Slavic lands of Central and Eastern Europe, the Baltic states and the multi-millennial civilization of Greece in the Southeast as well as various anomalies such as Hungary, the Basque region and Finland.

Of course, the reference to the Americas as the "New World" is highly Eurocentric and not entirely accurate. Indigenous peoples had already lived in the Americas for millennia before the arrival of the Europeans and even built various impressive civilizations.

I was born in the Old World but find the New World much more fascinating.

I'm not really a fan of most of Europe. I only love the Latin cultures of Southern Europe (I consider Mediterranean civilization the best on Earth) as well as the former Yugoslavian nations but I find the rest of Europe quite uninteresting. Germanic culture is boring and miserable. Central Europe is just meh. Of the Slavic nations, only the ex-yu countries have a decent climate. I don't care for most European countries.

The Americas on the other hand capture my heart.

South America is by far my favorite continent and home to an assortment of cultures that are exotic yet familiar at the same time (familiar due to their Romance component) and fascinate me in many ways. The continent's various cultures are dominated by the Mediterranean colonial style of architecture that I love so much and find so joyful. The landscapes and lush tropical vegetation are far more beautiful than anything you can find in Europe. Furthermore, South America offers some of the best climates imaginable. Wherever one goes, the entrancing rhythmic sounds of Salsa and Cumbia fill the streets and bring joy to the heart. The women dance so passionately and are often smoking hot with their exotic brown skin and impressive curves, especially the triracial mamasotas of Colombia and Brazil with their awesome African booty genetics. 🍑🥰 South America fascinates me. I can spend literally hours exploring its diverse cities and regions with Google Maps. Half of the continent is united by Spanish – my most beloved language – which is spoken from Colombia and Venezuela in the far north all the way down to Punta Arenas, CL and Ushuaia, AR at the most distant point of the Southern Cone. The other half speaks the closely related and largely intelligible Portuguese language.

Central America and Mexico have the same Latin culture but with fascinating Mayan ruins and pyramids. Mexico alone is an absolutely fascinating country. The Caribbean has a myriad of islands with their paradisiacal beaches and some of the most breathtaking landscapes in the world, some Hispanic like Cuba, DR and PR, others formerly British like Jamaica or Dutch like Aruba and Curaçao.

Even the US and Canada are more interesting than their across-the-pond counterparts of the UK and Northern Europe. As toxic as American culture is, the US is still much more interesting than the boring UK, Scandinavia and Germany. The US produced awesome pop music and cinema in the latter half of the 20th century and pioneered many things while Northern European countries just seem so bland and stale. I think that I prefer the US or Canada to anywhere in Northern Europe. Southern Europe however is a completely different story.

So, all in all, I prefer the New World. The only region of the Old World that I give a shit about is the Mediterranean region.

What about you guys? Are you New-Worlders or Old-Worlders?

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Natural_Born_Cynic
Veteran Poster

Re: The New World vs. The Old World – Which do you like the best and for what reasons?

Post by Natural_Born_Cynic »

I like both New World and Old World.
New World- South and Central America
Old World- Europe.
Your friendly Neighborhood Cynic!
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: The New World vs. The Old World – Which do you like the best and for what reasons?

Post by Moretorque »

As far as the best place to live just being a Joe regular in history was the US being born around 1930's or so. Beside the wars by the elite Jews but the $ reserve currency is what made it all the best overall so the wars did benefit America as long as you did not get drafted and killed. My dad was born in 1934 and timed it perfect to where he skipped the wars and I saw the life he had, he paid big time by getting mixed up with these crazy women but that was his fault. He had a job as a sales manager in the mid to late 60's where a 4 bedroom house with a pool on the inter coastal of the ocean was like 20 or 25 grand and he made 30 or 35 grand a year. He stayed in all the nicest hotels and ate at the finest resturants and traveled the entire world his entire adult life. If he would have bought real estate and did trailer courts like his friends told him in FL and not had all the stupid kids with the women he would have been worth 100's of millions. He was just a normal hard working guy and those were the best day's ever for any large group of people ever. Now this house of cards will be coming down shortly and kill most US citizens. Life was rich, comfortable and exciting for him as America grew and grew under the fiat financial system.
Time to Hide!
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Moretorque wrote:
March 26th, 2023, 2:43 pm
As far as the best place to live just being a Joe regular in history was the US being born around 1930's or so. Beside the wars by the elite Jews but the $ reserve currency is what made it all the best overall so the wars did benefit America as long as you did not get drafted and killed. My dad was born in 1934 and timed it perfect to where he skipped the wars and I saw the life he had, he paid big time by getting mixed up with these crazy women but that was his fault. He had a job as a sales manager in the mid to late 60's where a 4 bedroom house with a pool on the inter coastal of the ocean was like 20 or 25 grand and he made 30 or 35 grand a year. He stayed in all the nicest hotels and ate at the finest resturants and traveled the entire world his entire adult life. If he would have bought real estate and did trailer courts like his friends told him in FL and not had all the stupid kids with the women he would have been worth 100's of millions. He was just a normal hard working guy and those were the best day's ever for any large group of people ever. Now this house of cards will be coming down shortly and kill most US citizens. Life was rich, comfortable and exciting for him as America grew and grew under the fiat financial system.
Pretty much anyone born in the 30s or 40s who didn't become fabulously wealthy has to qualify as a f**k up of almost spellbinding proportions.
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

Cornfed wrote:
March 26th, 2023, 2:49 pm
Moretorque wrote:
March 26th, 2023, 2:43 pm
Pretty much anyone born in the 30s or 40s who didn't become fabulously wealthy has to qualify as a f**k up of almost spellbinding proportions.
Those really were the days as the Fed inflated all the properties and you just rode it out. He sat around and got drunk but still had a great life and I miss him dearly.
Time to Hide!
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

This is the thing people cannot deny, getting on a jet going anywhere in the world, cranking the AC on 60, getting in your car and traveling to California from FL for peanuts, Mortgage on a nice house payment 150 $'s, gas 30 cents a gallon, new company car every 2 years, Dr. bill for stitches on my knee 15 or 20 $'s. The old US was the best ever period!
Time to Hide!
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

Right after WW 2 in Miami you could bye pretty much a new P 51 Mustang with a spare motor for like either 9 or 15 grand, I forget which. All military surplus was available to the public for the most part real cheap. The people who bought this stuff and managed to keep it it is worth millions now. That's how free overall this country used to be, in the old world you are not going to be flying a Mustang and alot of normal Joe's were flying these old WW 2 planes here in the states... THOSE WERE THE DAYS....
Time to Hide!
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

Actually it's better than that, the P 51's were the most desirable so they were expensive but the P 38's sold for 1250 $ surplus. There aren't many of them left now so they are big bucks and that plane is way cooler than a Mustang. You did have to be wealthy to maintain one and feed it.
Time to Hide!
Kalinago
Junior Poster

Post by Kalinago »

New world.but I like southwest europe too.

Morocco seems interesting aswell.

indonesia has always fasscinated me aswell.Especially Bali and Java.
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

The New World because it has much more freedom. That is why almost all the Mennonites are in the New World.
WanderingProtagonist
Experienced Poster

Post by WanderingProtagonist »

Lucas88 wrote:
March 26th, 2023, 2:17 pm
The "New World" refers to the Americas, the lands which became European colonies after their discovery by Columbus. It includes North America, South America and the Caribbean islands.

The "Old World", on the other hand, refers to Europe, the ancestral homeland of those who colonized the New World and their descendants as well as those of us who were born here in the modern age. It includes the Germanic lands of Northern Europe and Scandinavia, the Celtic remnants of Ireland and Wales, the Latin cultures of Southern Europe, the Slavic lands of Central and Eastern Europe, the Baltic states and the multi-millennial civilization of Greece in the Southeast as well as various anomalies such as Hungary, the Basque region and Finland.

Of course, the reference to the Americas as the "New World" is highly Eurocentric and not entirely accurate. Indigenous peoples had already lived in the Americas for millennia before the arrival of the Europeans and even built various impressive civilizations.

I was born in the Old World but find the New World much more fascinating.

I'm not really a fan of most of Europe. I only love the Latin cultures of Southern Europe (I consider Mediterranean civilization the best on Earth) as well as the former Yugoslavian nations but I find the rest of Europe quite uninteresting. Germanic culture is boring and miserable. Central Europe is just meh. Of the Slavic nations, only the ex-yu countries have a decent climate. I don't care for most European countries.

The Americas on the other hand capture my heart.

South America is by far my favorite continent and home to an assortment of cultures that are exotic yet familiar at the same time (familiar due to their Romance component) and fascinate me in many ways. The continent's various cultures are dominated by the Mediterranean colonial style of architecture that I love so much and find so joyful. The landscapes and lush tropical vegetation are far more beautiful than anything you can find in Europe. Furthermore, South America offers some of the best climates imaginable. Wherever one goes, the entrancing rhythmic sounds of Salsa and Cumbia fill the streets and bring joy to the heart. The women dance so passionately and are often smoking hot with their exotic brown skin and impressive curves, especially the triracial mamasotas of Colombia and Brazil with their awesome African booty genetics. 🍑🥰 South America fascinates me. I can spend literally hours exploring its diverse cities and regions with Google Maps. Half of the continent is united by Spanish – my most beloved language – which is spoken from Colombia and Venezuela in the far north all the way down to Punta Arenas, CL and Ushuaia, AR at the most distant point of the Southern Cone. The other half speaks the closely related and largely intelligible Portuguese language.

Central America and Mexico have the same Latin culture but with fascinating Mayan ruins and pyramids. Mexico alone is an absolutely fascinating country. The Caribbean has a myriad of islands with their paradisiacal beaches and some of the most breathtaking landscapes in the world, some Hispanic like Cuba, DR and PR, others formerly British like Jamaica or Dutch like Aruba and Curaçao.

Even the US and Canada are more interesting than their across-the-pond counterparts of the UK and Northern Europe. As toxic as American culture is, the US is still much more interesting than the boring UK, Scandinavia and Germany. The US produced awesome pop music and cinema in the latter half of the 20th century and pioneered many things while Northern European countries just seem so bland and stale. I think that I prefer the US or Canada to anywhere in Northern Europe. Southern Europe however is a completely different story.

So, all in all, I prefer the New World. The only region of the Old World that I give a shit about is the Mediterranean region.

What about you guys? Are you New-Worlders or Old-Worlders?
You lost me with "I prefer Canada" the country where a man has no authority over whether or not his kid gets turned into a trans and if he fights it? Automatic imprisonment. You never seem to have any negative views of Latin America despite some of their countries do suck. I'm sure not every part of Latin America is great. I know for a fact Brazil isn't a cool place their prisons make the U.S. prisons look less dangerous. My cousin is a large dude, he went there and even he didn't feel all that safe and hated most of it because it's too damn violent and gay over there at the same time. I use to mention the place to a Hispanic man my mom use to date, and he had a negative view of it too. But for him it was mostly all the trans and gays over there he couldn't stand populating the place.

America USE to be interesting but it's not anymore, threfore it's not even fair to say it's better than the UK when clearly the UK, Canada, and the US are all the f***ing same. They both support the same BS causes, they're both woke as hell, they both overly protect LBGTQ people, and both are rife with feminism dominance. The culture we had is no longer relevant anymore. The only people who think about what the U.S. was like are those of us who are nostalgia for the way things use to be, but that culture's been dead ever since the end of 2007 and it's never coming back again. I can agree that the West had everything good going for it back then but look at it now...

It's the worlds most virtue signaling country in the world. Almost every damn agenda being pushed is because of the US, Canada, and the UK are both united and have the same exact goals. They are the very worse of the three Western nations, and Germany ranks fourth behind them. Without Europe you wouldn't have classical music, or all those fascinating European paintings from the Victorian era. Even the U.S. don't have that. Europe does have a fascinating culture that's much better than what the U.S. is pushing these days.

Whenever I use to look at documentaries Europe always had the best history. America history is boring as hell other than Native American history. But all that Abraham Lincoln/pioneer gold rush shit isn't exciting it's lame compared to stories about Vlad the Impaler and Elizabeth Bathory. Figures throughout history that have inspired horror novalist, film makers, etc. No one is going to make a movie about Obama putting kids in cages and then trying to make him seem like a badass for doing it like Vlad was for impaling people on spikes and then ending up influencing Vampire legends and is the reason Bram Stoker got famous. A lot of the greatest stories and mythological tales come from Europe and they certainly had much better artwork than the U.S too. I don't know, I think Scotland is interesting at least. I hate the West in general, the UK and Canada are very similar to the U.S. in every way especially today.
Lucas88
Experienced Poster

Post by Lucas88 »

WanderingProtagonist wrote:
March 26th, 2023, 9:04 pm
You never seem to have any negative views of Latin America despite some of their countries do suck. I'm sure not every part of Latin America is great.
Oh yes I do. Just take a look at what I wrote to @kangarunner in his "Freedom to Colombia" thread:
Lucas88 wrote:
March 20th, 2023, 12:43 am
Even within a single country one has to choose a location that is right for them. Not all Latin American cities are the same. When I was in Lima, the stress was too much for me with the overcrowded streets, hustlers everywhere, chaotic traffic, and having to be constantly on high alert for danger. My mental health was starting to suffer. But as soon as I got out of Lima and was staying in a smaller and more peaceful city, I started to feel more relaxed again and most of my anxiety went away. Location really is everything.
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=47299&p=394329#p394329

There are some cities and regions of Latin America that I don't like. I wasn't too fond of Lima, the capital of Peru. With a population of over 9 million, Lima was just too overcrowded and hectic and the presence of hustlers and the threat of being robbed only added to my stress. I was happy to get away from there.

I'm not one of those who wish to romanticize Latin America or portray it as some kind of utopia. I'll always tell it like it is. The more developed and safer parts of Latin America have certain things that I like about them and Latin America is definitely the continent that fascinates me the most and stokes my sense of adventure, but I'll be the first to say that it's not for everybody. No place ever is. Some people might feel more at home in Europe or Asia or even the US. That's perfectly okay.

But for me personally, living in a pleasant tropical climate, beholding the beauty of charming colonial architecture everyday, enjoying the fun and wild social culture, eating delicious food, and being surrounded by smoking hot exotic brown girls with big butts all makes life in Latin America better than life in the UK or life in Japan, etc.
America USE to be interesting but it's not anymore, threfore it's not even fair to say it's better than the UK when clearly the UK, Canada, and the US are all the f***ing same. They both support the same BS causes, they're both woke as hell, they both overly protect LBGTQ people, and both are rife with feminism dominance. The culture we had is no longer relevant anymore. The only people who think about what the U.S. was like are those of us who are nostalgia for the way things use to be, but that culture's been dead ever since the end of 2007 and it's never coming back again. I can agree that the West had everything good going for it back then but look at it now...

It's the worlds most virtue signaling country in the world. Almost every damn agenda being pushed is because of the US, Canada, and the UK are both united and have the same exact goals. They are the very worse of the three Western nations, and Germany ranks fourth behind them. Without Europe you wouldn't have classical music, or all those fascinating European paintings from the Victorian era. Even the U.S. don't have that. Europe does have a fascinating culture that's much better than what the U.S. is pushing these days.
I understand what you are saying about the US, Canada, UK and Scandinavia all pushing the same woke agendas. All of those countries have been thoroughly subverted by Jewish influence right under the noses of their citizens. But, still, the US and Canada seem to be more interesting countries and have more going on for them than the UK and the likes of Sweden which just seem like totally boring countries. For me, at least, North America has better and more varied landscapes and nature, more innovation in the areas of pop culture and entertainment (the US gives us things like UFC), more interesting series (even today there are still some decent ones amidst all of the absolute shit), etc. The UK, on the other hand, has mostly boring entertainment unless you're into Association Football, and Swedish and German TV and cinema are duller than wet paint. Because of all of the above, I think that the US and Canada edge it out over the UK and Northern Europe. Or at least that's the logic behind my thinking.

But maybe I'm still blinded by nostalgia and projecting onto the current US and Canada an awesome pop culture that's now long gone. As you already know, I'm a big fan of US pop culture from roughly around 1980-2005. I still like to listen to my American 80s music, watch my American 80s and 90s movies, and rewatch wrestling PPVs from the late 90s and early 2000s. Maybe that's why I hold the US in a slightly better light.

I like Southern Europe and its history. I'm fascinated by Greece and Rome and the Italian Renaissance and am currently reading The Prince by Niccolò Machiavelli. I feel that the Mediterranean world and Italy in particular are the birthplace of a superior culture and that the Italian people are a special race blessed with a rare genius and artistic sensitivities. I absolutely love Southern Europe, its culture and history. But I find the rest of Europe quite bland and uninteresting.
WanderingProtagonist
Experienced Poster

Post by WanderingProtagonist »

Lucas88 wrote:
March 27th, 2023, 12:01 pm
You never seem to have any negative views of Latin America despite some of their countries do suck. I'm sure not every part of Latin America is great.
Oh yes I do. Just take a look at what I wrote to @kangarunner in his "Freedom to Colombia" thread:
Lucas88 wrote:
Even within a single country one has to choose a location that is right for them. Not all Latin American cities are the same. When I was in Lima, the stress was too much for me with the overcrowded streets, hustlers everywhere, chaotic traffic, and having to be constantly on high alert for danger. My mental health was starting to suffer. But as soon as I got out of Lima and was staying in a smaller and more peaceful city, I started to feel more relaxed again and most of my anxiety went away. Location really is everything.

There are some cities and regions of Latin America that I don't like. I wasn't too fond of Lima, the capital of Peru. With a population of over 9 million, Lima was just too overcrowded and hectic and the presence of hustlers and the threat of being robbed only added to my stress. I was happy to get away from there.

I'm not one of those who wish to romanticize Latin America or portray it as some kind of utopia. I'll always tell it like it is. The more developed and safer parts of Latin America have certain things that I like about them and Latin America is definitely the continent that fascinates me the most and stokes my sense of adventure, but I'll be the first to say that it's not for everybody. No place ever is. Some people might feel more at home in Europe or Asia or even the US. That's perfectly okay.

But for me personally, living in a pleasant tropical climate, beholding the beauty of charming colonial architecture everyday, enjoying the fun and wild social culture, eating delicious food, and being surrounded by smoking hot exotic brown girls with big butts all makes life in Latin America better than life in the UK or life in Japan, etc.

I understand what you are saying about the US, Canada, UK and Scandinavia all pushing the same woke agendas. All of those countries have been thoroughly subverted by Jewish influence right under the noses of their citizens. But, still, the US and Canada seem to be more interesting countries and have more going on for them than the UK and the likes of Sweden which just seem like totally boring countries. For me, at least, North America has better and more varied landscapes and nature, more innovation in the areas of pop culture and entertainment (the US gives us things like UFC), more interesting series (even today there are still some decent ones amidst all of the absolute shit), etc. The UK, on the other hand, has mostly boring entertainment unless you're into Association Football, and Swedish and German TV and cinema are duller than wet paint. Because of all of the above, I think that the US and Canada edge it out over the UK and Northern Europe. Or at least that's the logic behind my thinking.

But maybe I'm still blinded by nostalgia and projecting onto the current US and Canada an awesome pop culture that's now long gone. As you already know, I'm a big fan of US pop culture from roughly around 1980-2005. I still like to listen to my American 80s music, watch my American 80s and 90s movies, and rewatch wrestling PPVs from the late 90s and early 2000s. Maybe that's why I hold the US in a slightly better light.

I like Southern Europe and its history. I'm fascinated by Greece and Rome and the Italian Renaissance and am currently reading The Prince by Niccolò Machiavelli. I feel that the Mediterranean world and Italy in particular are the birthplace of a superior culture and that the Italian people are a special race blessed with a rare genius and artistic sensitivities. I absolutely love Southern Europe, its culture and history. But I find the rest of Europe quite bland and uninteresting.
That's alright I'm the same way with nostalgia...It's hard to even cope in the middle half of the 21st century. White people are the ones who made everything what it use to be before they decided to destroy everything after getting told year after year "stand aside and let the nigs take over now". Now we got woke ass comic books, race/gender swapped super heroes who use to be either white or male, we have more female versions of male characters like Spider Gwen and shit, someone thought it was a good idea to change Velma into a brown female.....I don't know wtf is going on with people nowadays...Western culture is trash compared to what it was before....All of it is due to white people and refusing to get over their white guilt.
I don't see the 1990s ever coming back nor the 80s, 70s and early 2000s. It looks like every year stuff keeps worsening and no one is even remotely trying to return things back to how it was before. It's as if they gave a lot of power to a bunch of people that hate life, hate humanity so much they rather ruin everything and bring everyone else down to their level of misery. If you look at the way movies get made now, you can see they are trying to fulfill quota's with every single one of them, and the wokeism is still going strong and never subsided at all.
Kalinago
Junior Poster

Post by Kalinago »

Lucas88 wrote:
March 27th, 2023, 12:01 pm
Lucas88 wrote:

The problem with Me in europe is the fact that it is too liberal and politically correct.This leads also to a type of self-conception of fraudulent intellecuality and worldiness,and a insincerity.

American White males Are a bit unhinged but much more sincere and I get along well with alot of undercover semi-racialists and All of them Trump supporters-despite during that time even being muslim-yet they befriended me and even introduced me to girls etc

I guess my issue is not with a peculiar race or nation,but the doctrine of the Jews that the Western europeans so readily eat up.I find the dutch to be a insincere people.

I am sincere,and a bit unhinged sometimes but That could be because of my exposure to american social environments during my adolescence.

I really like France,but it has become a african and Berber Shithole to a large extent in the best cities.I am not a big fan of germanic cultures,but I do like Slavic cultures due to the orthodox influence I think,even colder climated ones like Belarus(where one of my Girlfriends was from in real life),Russia,Slovakia,Czech republic,Poland,the Baltics to a lesser extent,and especially the Balkans(However,I do not like croatians).

I find European culture of the influence of the Latin and Byzantine cultures to be sophisticated compared to New world culture-but new world culture because of it's more wild nature even though a bit unhinged and caused by genocides does have it's charm.

Real American food for example,that white people make can be healthy and delicious.I grew up on Soul food being half black with a mother from mississippi.

I fidn ti trash and I hate american staple foods.consumer foods.General bland foods.

But america still has nice food-even if you can find all of it mostly still in southern Germany or Northern Ireland where most of the white populace originates from.

Dutch food is f***ing bland.European food can be a bit too starch heavy-although french food is one of the best on earth if not the best.

European pastries are definately the best or one of the best to me.

European women atleast on the outside-are f***ing beautiful.Latinas are more 'sexy'.European women are more 'beautiful'than sexy to me,and gorgeous like angels.They have a more divine leaning beauty,more refined,more Angelic(or ethereal if you belevee Angels are archons lol) in a sense.

They also have more intelligence.they are less superficial and primitive in their assesment of romantic partners.However atleast for western european women,their feminism makes them undateable for the most part for me.

This girl,A Slavic Actress-is beyond gorgeous to me personally.In europe you can find many women like that everywhere.not so in the United states-and the european women will be more sophisticated and sweet and down to earth than a americunt.Their feminism isn't man-hatred,they just think they can be one of the guys.

I don't intend to gaslight you on your experiences with the UK.I Have met a few british women I liked in amsterdam,but I generally prefer my native language dutch,spanish and other languages like levantine arabic,turkish,and even hebrew over english,and I have seen the nastiness of British women in Tourist areas of amsterdam.

Ironically I got along well with the Irish and Irish women alot.

I am just saying-europe is not the UK.sure the cold climate can be shitty,but there is alot of beauty culturally among white europeans.

Not everything is a competition.Different strokes for different folks and Different things can be good in their own way.

Latin america has alot of great and very interesting social,romantic and cultural aspects-the safety is something I could not deal with,so I will likely never go.
Kalinago
Junior Poster

Post by Kalinago »

I will say this-despite some great charms in the new world-everything about it is violent,from it's history to it's current day,and it is not just the 'mudbloods'causing trouble,I could be lynched still in many places in the South or even just some suburbs(like Lorraine county) here in my city in Northeast Ohio.

Europeans have more of a sense of 'humanity'.Life is not cheap.Even when punishing criminals,they take rehabilitation,mental health factors,and justice instead of revenge and brutality into play when condemning them.Life sentence is rare because they actually value life.the prisons are luxury hotels almost,compared to the traumatic rape and torture dungeons of the US.