What's the best tv show or film which depicts how actual Americans are?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
ArchibaultNew
Freshman Poster

What's the best tv show or film which depicts how actual Americans are?

Post by ArchibaultNew »

I remember reading a previous tread. You guys said most of the Hollywood films are Eastern European/Jewish/Russian and don't really depict Americans nor American life.

I wonder what are some actual films that depict Americans as they are.
Outcast9428
Experienced Poster

Re: What's the best tv show or film which depicts how actual Americans are?

Post by Outcast9428 »

That’s a good question, it’s really hard to say. America is a big place, I think Hollywood movies do portray certain types of Americans how they really are. But none of them will represent the whole country.
ArchibaultNew
Freshman Poster

Post by ArchibaultNew »

Outcast9428 wrote:
November 30th, 2022, 10:19 am
That’s a good question, it’s really hard to say. America is a big place, I think Hollywood movies do portray certain types of Americans how they really are. But none of them will represent the whole country.
Hey man, appreciate the comment. Are you based in Florida by the way? Also which movies do you think are representative. Have you seen that 70's show? I used to live in Midwest and thought they got most of the culture right.
Outcast9428
Experienced Poster

Post by Outcast9428 »

ArchibaultNew wrote:
December 3rd, 2022, 8:17 am
Outcast9428 wrote:
November 30th, 2022, 10:19 am
Hey man, appreciate the comment. Are you based in Florida by the way? Also which movies do you think are representative. Have you seen that 70's show? I used to live in Midwest and thought they got most of the culture right.
Oh no I’m not based in Florida lol I had an ex girlfriend there so I visited a lot while I was dating her and heard a lot about her experiences growing up in the state. I’m actually based in Virginia.

I like that 70s show, I used to watch it back in college but I don’t remember a whole lot. I should try watching it again.

I don’t think any movie I’ve seen represents life in Virginia very well. I do think all the stereotypical college party movies do accurately represent life in college though. Maybe a tiny bit exaggerated but not by much.