Your Ideal Travel Destinations

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
kangarunner
Experienced Poster

Your Ideal Travel Destinations

Post by kangarunner »

I want to make a more lighthearted and optimistic post here. I want to ask everyone what your ideal travel destinations are.....

I will start and say that my life goal is to eventually go to islands in the South Pacific. One day if possible I want to see the Pitcairn Islands and meet the people there. There's approx. 50 people who live on the island.

https://www.nationalgeographic.org/proj ... n-islands/
Today the Pitcairn Islands are among the last of the British Overseas Territories, and Pitcairn itself is home to fewer than 60 people. Many are the direct descendants of the Bounty’s Fletcher Christian, his fellow mutineers, and their Polynesian companions. They are the only inhabitants of an archipelago of four far-flung islands and atolls.

Due to their remoteness and low human population, these islands harbor marine wildlife in an almost pristine state, including intact deep-sea habitats with many species new to science.
Favorite Cornfed quote: "Here's another one to reassure you lemmings that the ongoing humiliation ritual that is your ratshit life will soon be coming to an end."

Favorite yick quote: "You are not my mate".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FNHSiPFtvA

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Outcast9428
Experienced Poster

Re: Your Ideal Travel Destinations

Post by Outcast9428 »

Japan, Thailand, the Philippines, and then back to Hungary!

I really liked Hungary, but I want to see Asia first. I won't be going looking for a girlfriend anymore since I already have an Asian girlfriend, but I still want to go to these countries and see the wonders of Asia for myself.
Pixel--Dude
Veteran Poster

Post by Pixel--Dude »

For me I would like to go to Thailand or India to visit a Shiva temple which I saw in a dream, if you can believe that. In Europe I want to go to Italy or Greece (especially Italy) as I feel inexplicably drawn to these countries. I went to Spain many times as a child and always loved it there as well.
You are free to make any decision you desire, but you are not free from the consequences of those decisions.
WanderingProtagonist
Experienced Poster

Post by WanderingProtagonist »

I really don't even know anymore. I guess anywhere that isn't westernized real bad or has any heavy rap music influences, Russia already have women that know what twerking is, and some have only fans where they do it themselves...A dead give away that ghettofication had something to do with that shit. Any nation with even a little bit of Western influence would be a big hell no for me.

I still have interest in Romania to some extent just because of the traditional culture is still alive and well over there.
Italy might be okay too, but not sure of this. A lot of those places appeared fascinating due to the documentaries I watched long ago and sometimes they tend to make places look better than what they might be in person. I can watch history about Rome all day, but because it's not like ancient Rome I'd probably find it boring if I went there and it was just another modern looking place in Italy that had no traditional roots left anymore after the decline/collapse. This seems to be the case with a lot of nations where people are no longer passionate anymore about their own culture/heritage but will only use it just to attract and lure in tourist.

This would be very depressing for me, which is why I said Romania. You have parts of Romania where people still dress like the way they did when Vlad ruled the damn place. It's not just a tourist attraction or people wearing the traditional clothes just because tourist are traveling there. I hate countries like that, it shows such a lack of interest in their culture but to get tourist they turn their culture into festivals, or side show plays like the Medieval times and Renaissance fair shit. Although it seems fun if you like the theater of it all, but in the end it's still quite lame because you know it's just part of an act, no one in Europe wears Knight armor anymore.
Lucas88
Experienced Poster

Post by Lucas88 »

WanderingProtagonist wrote:
November 29th, 2022, 2:57 am
I still have interest in Romania to some extent just because of the traditional culture is still alive and well over there.
Italy might be okay too, but not sure of this. A lot of those places appeared fascinating due to the documentaries I watched long ago and sometimes they tend to make places look better than what they might be in person. I can watch history about Rome all day, but because it's not like ancient Rome I'd probably find it boring if I went there and it was just another modern looking place in Italy that had no traditional roots left anymore after the decline/collapse. This seems to be the case with a lot of nations where people are no longer passionate anymore about their own culture/heritage but will only use it just to attract and lure in tourist.
There are a lot of beautiful cities in Southern Europe. Valencia for example has amazing architecture. Almost everywhere you go everything feels so vibrant. You walk through the city and there are many spacious plazas, brilliant sculptures and monuments, sparkling fountains, magnificent cathedrals and even a bullring. Everything is made out of beautiful stone. You really feel as though your mood is being lifted by your surroundings. Valencia is not even a unique case. So many cities along the east coast of Spain have comparable architectural features while those in the south have Moorish styles. Italy and Portugal also have many stunning cities. Southern Europe is really nice. I recommend it.

Spaniards often dress up in traditional costumes for reasons other than to attract tourists. There are many holidays throughout the year and some people put on the costumes and dance to traditional musical styles. There are even world-renowned festivals such as San Fermín in Pamplona which involves bull running (people are chased by bulls!). Then there is the Tomatina in Buñol, Valencia, in which the whole town participates in a massive tomato fight! I participated in the summer of 2007. Spain is magical, dude! Even though it's a modern Western European country it still retains a lot of its cultural traditions.

Valencia City Guide

San Fermín 2014

Tomatina

Valencian Dance

Many images of Spain's beauty set to the national anthem

gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

Lucas88 wrote:
November 29th, 2022, 4:35 pm
There are a lot of beautiful cities in Southern Europe. Valencia for example has amazing architecture. Almost everywhere you go everything feels so vibrant. You walk through the city and there are many spacious plazas, brilliant sculptures and monuments, sparkling fountains, magnificent cathedrals and even a bullring. Everything is made out of beautiful stone. You really feel as though your mood is being lifted by your surroundings. Valencia is not even a unique case. So many cities along the east coast of Spain have comparable architectural features while those in the south have Moorish styles. Italy and Portugal also have many stunning cities. Southern Europe is really nice. I recommend it.

Spaniards often dress up in traditional costumes for reasons other than to attract tourists. There are many holidays throughout the year and some people put on the costumes and dance to traditional musical styles. There are even world-renowned festivals such as San Fermín in Pamplona which involves bull running (people are chased by bulls!). Then there is the Tomatina in Buñol, Valencia, in which the whole town participates in a massive tomato fight! I participated in the summer of 2007. Spain is magical, dude! Even though it's a modern Western European country it still retains a lot of its cultural traditions.

Valencia City Guide

San Fermín 2014

Tomatina

Agree about Valencia. I've been to a lot of cities around the world, and I might rank it as the most beautiful, because of the three distinct districts. The old city center is on a par with any other in Europe, and a bit more attractive because almost all the buildings in the central plaza date back to the fin de siecle period and are very coherent in architecture and color. It's a mostly white (buildings) city center, and it really works well to my eye. Then there's something completely different a mile or so away -- the Arts and Sciences region, a collection of large and funky post-modern buildings running along a river bed that was made into an enormous park. It's like nothing you've ever seen before, and also beautiful in its own strange way. Then there's the Mediterranean coastline. I didn't notice any especially attractive viewpoints along it but hey, a Mediterranean coastline is a Mediterranean coastline -- inherently valuable. Every city of the six I visited in Spain were beautiful, with Valencia getting the nod.
Lucas88
Experienced Poster

Post by Lucas88 »

gsjackson wrote:
November 29th, 2022, 5:01 pm
Agree about Valencia. I've been to a lot of cities around the world, and I might rank it as the most beautiful, because of the three distinct districts. The old city center is on a par with any other in Europe, and a bit more attractive because almost all the buildings in the central plaza date back to the fin de siecle period and are very coherent in architecture and color. It's a mostly white (buildings) city center, and it really works well to my eye. Then there's something completely different a mile or so away -- the Arts and Sciences region, a collection of large and funky post-modern buildings running along a river bed that was made into an enormous park. It's like nothing you've ever seen before, and also beautiful in its own strange way. Then there's the Mediterranean coastline. I didn't notice any especially attractive viewpoints along it but hey, a Mediterranean coastline is a Mediterranean coastline -- inherently valuable. Every city of the six I visited in Spain were beautiful, with Valencia getting the nod.
Yes, Valencia is gorgeous. It's by far the best place I've ever lived. As for relocation, I'm always torn between Valencia and somewhere in Latin America.

The riverbed which has been made into an enormous park is simply called El Río by locals. As you walk in the direction away from the City of Arts and Sciences, you encounter all sorts of cool things at certain points within that same park such as a skate park with halfpipes and bowls, various soccer pitches and tennis courts, various fountains and open fora with columns and all, the Palau de la Música which includes a concert and exhibition hall and is home to the city's municipal orchestra, and even woodlands with mazey paths which are ideal for jogging and biking. The river is called Río Turia in case you'd like to know.

The City of Arts and Sciences has a unique futuristic architectural style and is really fascinating. It is not too far from the Oceanographic where you can see all kinds of exotic marine animals.

In Valencia Capital the main beach that I know is the Malvarrosa, which is okay. But if you head up a little more north, you reach the attractive seaside town of Alboraya with its much nicer Patacona beach. I used to walk the dog along there and just enjoy the scenery and lose myself in my own thoughts. Cullera is also a nice seaside town south of Valencia Capital. Most people say that it has one of the best beaches.

Valencia is so awesome that it makes me proud to be Valencian - and I'm not even Valencian! :lol:
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

I have seen most of the world, but I haven't been to Russia, and I am very curious about it. So Russia is my pick.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

fschmidt wrote:
November 29th, 2022, 5:47 pm
I have seen most of the world, but I haven't been to Russia, and I am very curious about it. So Russia is my pick.
Same here. Russia would be my next travel destination -- Moscow, St Petersburg and Sochi -- were it not for my insane asylum of a country making war on it. The Roosh forum is currently running a thread on migrating to Russia for spiritual reasons. It really does seem to be defining itself more and more in opposition to globohomo, which makes it the leader of the free world now.
WanderingProtagonist
Experienced Poster

Lucas88 wrote:
November 29th, 2022, 4:35 pm

Valencia City Guide

San Fermín 2014

Tomatina

Valencian Dance

Yeah that is some wild stuff there, It never crossed my mind that Spain and Mexico were the same, although they look a little similar in small ways. But I was never the type to get them mixed up. Like how my mother use to always say "Chinese" she assumed all Asians were Chinese, but never knew there was a difference between them and Japanese people despite looking somewhat similar.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

Lucas88 wrote:
November 29th, 2022, 5:36 pm
gsjackson wrote:
November 29th, 2022, 5:01 pm
Yes, Valencia is gorgeous. It's by far the best place I've ever lived. As for relocation, I'm always torn between Valencia and somewhere in Latin America.

The riverbed which has been made into an enormous park is simply called El Río by locals. As you walk in the direction away from the City of Arts and Sciences, you encounter all sorts of cool things at certain points within that same park such as a skate park with halfpipes and bowls, various soccer pitches and tennis courts, various fountains and open fora with columns and all, the Palau de la Música which includes a concert and exhibition hall and is home to the city's municipal orchestra, and even woodlands with mazey paths which are ideal for jogging and biking. The river is called Río Turia in case you'd like to know.

The City of Arts and Sciences has a unique futuristic architectural style and is really fascinating. It is not too far from the Oceanographic where you can see all kinds of exotic marine animals.

In Valencia Capital the main beach that I know is the Malvarrosa, which is okay. But if you head up a little more north, you reach the attractive seaside town of Alboraya with its much nicer Patacona beach. I used to walk the dog along there and just enjoy the scenery and lose myself in my own thoughts. Cullera is also a nice seaside town south of Valencia Capital. Most people say that it has one of the best beaches.

Valencia is so awesome that it makes me proud to be Valencian - and I'm not even Valencian! :lol:
If I'm deciding between Valencia and Latin America the decisive factor for me would be crime and the relative lack thereof in Valencia. And agreed that Valencia is a great city, a real treat for the eyes every day. Cost of living there is a bit higher than most of Latin America, but not especially high for western Europe.
Lucas88
Experienced Poster

Post by Lucas88 »

gsjackson wrote:
November 30th, 2022, 4:49 am
If I'm deciding between Valencia and Latin America the decisive factor for me would be crime and the relative lack thereof in Valencia. And agreed that Valencia is a great city, a real treat for the eyes every day. Cost of living there is a bit higher than most of Latin America, but not especially high for western Europe.
Valencia is an absolute gem with its culture, sophistication and tranquility and I certainly do have a strong spiritual connection to that city but at the same time I have a certain fascination for Latin America and especially love being popular with the ladies since Latin American women are my absolute favorite. Valencia is a better place to live in many regards but in Spain I am just a regular European dude and have to compete at the same level as everyone else whereas in many parts of Latin America I am regarded as a highly desirable male by virtue of being European. That alone makes Latin America an attractive prospect for a European man who speaks fluent Spanish like myself.

I am still curious about some of the cities in the highlands of South America, Colombian cities like Medellín, although for relocation I'd probably want to go with a less touristic option. I like the idea of a stable year-round temperate climate that neither gets too hot nor too cold.
kangarunner
Experienced Poster

Post by kangarunner »

Notice how no one says any place in America....LOL
Favorite Cornfed quote: "Here's another one to reassure you lemmings that the ongoing humiliation ritual that is your ratshit life will soon be coming to an end."

WanderingProtagonist
Experienced Poster

kangarunner wrote:
November 30th, 2022, 10:56 am
That's because America is everything what you described before when you mentioned how expensive it was, etc.
Although most places are expensive anyway. America is expensive for the sake of being expensive but there's nothing here worth shit.
Then you have some places that might be expensive because they don't have a bunch of high crime and shit around.
I use to believe the healthier the environment and location the more it would cost to live there. The worse off a place was the less expensive it would be. But that's not even the case with the U.S. I live in CA and this state isn't worth shit anymore. I mean too many immigrants, crappy ass democrats purposely f***ing everything up and dumbfuck people standing around not even remotely trying to stop them.
kangarunner
Experienced Poster

Post by kangarunner »

November 30th, 2022, 11:36 am
kangarunner wrote:
November 30th, 2022, 10:56 am
That's because America is everything what you described before when you mentioned how expensive it was, etc.
Although most places are expensive anyway. America is expensive for the sake of being expensive but there's nothing here worth shit.
Then you have some places that might be expensive because they don't have a bunch of high crime and shit around.
I use to believe the healthier the environment and location the more it would cost to live there. The worse off a place was the less expensive it would be. But that's not even the case with the U.S. I live in CA and this state isn't worth shit anymore. I mean too many immigrants, crappy ass democrats purposely f***ing everything up and dumbfuck people standing around not even remotely trying to stop them.
I think I read one time you saying you're in California. Thanks for clarifying. I was wanting to rent a car and do a road trip in CA to see the state. My friend from SF said to start in San Diego and drive up north up the state. Aside from all the problems in CA, it still is a beautful state with tons of nature.