'BIG LOVE' IN REAL LIFE -- Best Country for Open Polygamy?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Jester, I fixed your title in this thread and filled in the missing word at the end. It wasn't hard to figure out what P stood for :).

What happened you see, was that when you used the double quote symbol " in the title of the thread around the words "BIG LOVE", it screwed up the other words and deletes the last word for some reason. But if you use the single quote like this 'BIG LOVE' then the title will remain intact, as it is now. So next time folks, if you use quotes, use the single quote one like this: 'quote'
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Hey Winston

Post by ladislav »

WWu777 wrote:
Jester wrote:The question of Southeast Asia versus Latin America for relocation and a pro-male environment seems to me to be one that would be important to many here. Could this thread be made a tad more visible?

Maybe the question shouldn't be so narrowly focused on what countries or regions are best for a family-oriented polygamist like myself.

I guess what I'm really looking for is, overall, what would be plus's or minuses in favor of the Philippines versus Latin America? (From the point of view of anyone here - players, guys looking for brides, relocation, whatever.)

Thoughts, Gentlemen?
Polygamists are expressly prohibited from entering the RP ( Republic of the Philippines). However, do keep in mind that there is a difference between a polygamist - who legally marries different people and polyamorist- who likes having different girlfriends all the time. The latter is not illegal in most places ( except Saudi Arabia and Iran, etc.)

Pros and cons? Hard to say- Latin America is a continent basically while the Philippines is a country. I guess, it would be easier overall in the Philippines as the culture is less rigid, the Catholicism is less harsh and the people are less set in their ways. On the other hand, there are so many different countries in Latin America- Brazil would be very liberal; Peru and Guatemala would not be. Colombia would be OK. Argentina and Uruguay/Chile- do not even bother. Too many handsome men there. I would still tend toward the Philippines especially if you do not speak Spanish and do not have a whole lot of money.

However, if you mean actual polygamy with kids, you would need either a very wild region in Africa or Indonesia. In Indonesia, you can become a nominal Muslim and have four wives legally. I am not aware of repercussions when you come back home. Otherwise, a very wild tribal region in Africa would be nice. I was in Kenya 5 years ago and went to a Masai village and it consisted of one man, his 12 wives and all his kids and grandkids. Would you like to become a Masai or something like that? It is worth asking around.

In any event, in order to achieve such a radical lifestyle, major sacrifices will be in order.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Gentlemen,

Your replies and comments are sincerely appreciated.

Winston,
Thanks for fixing the title. And regarding being Mormon in Utah - well, yes, it's tempting, but ruled out due to religion and country. I want to practice my (non-Mormon) Christian religion, and I want to relocate outside the U.S. (and also outside the British Commonwealth and the European Union).

Ladislav,
Thank you for your aways-cogent and -clear remarks.

The Philippines is definitely a contender.

English in the Philippines would be an advantage. But as a resident of Los Angeles, I have picked up a little Spanish, which is easy since I've studied Latin. So I don't see Spanish as a major issue for Latin America. I can learn, and my sons speak it fairly well. Plus my income will still be derived via the internet from U.S. clients, so I won't be using Spanish for business, just ordinary living.

Based on your comments, I am ruling out the Southern Cone - Argentina, Uruguay, Chile. Pretty people, and livable, but not that inexpensive for a multiple-family-guy, and not polygamy-tolerant, and I would get no special premium for looking white. Message received and noted.

But regarding conservative Catholic countries, like Peru, forgive me, I'm not as convinced. I'm LOOKING for a conservative environment - one in which rich men sometimes have children with mistresses, withouit marrying them legally.

Indonesia might be a blast, but I wouldn't ever convert to Islam, not even nominally. I do know for a fact that some Chinese Christians in Malaysia practice polygamy - perhaps under the influence of the surrounding Moslem Malay population, or perhaps under traditional Chinese polygamy, I don't know. Perhaps I could do the same in Indonesia, which I perceive is a more open and cosmopolitan country than Malaysia. And I would be happy to "marry" girls from nominally Moslem families, and even respect cultural traditions like Ramadan. But my women will have to observe my religion. I can allow Orthodoxy, Catholicism, Pentecostalism, etc, but that's about as borad as my views get. I am committed to fathering and raising children, and rasing them grounded in faith in Christ. (Sorry, Winston - jk!)
African polygamy is actually what I believe in. They are practicing there what God intended -- the more cattle, women and children a man has, the richer he is. Check it out, it's Biblical. But I figure to be honest that the women there would be frankly, smelly, unwashed, and not committed to personal hygiene. Ethiopia might work - the people there are the same branch of Christianity as us Armenians (they are the second oldest Christian nation, we are the first). Eritrea also has some Christians I think, and is an the coast, with Italian colonial influence. Adn the women in those countries are attractive.

Off-topic, but I have seen remarks about Thai women having shaved pussies. And bathing often. Is this just the "working girls", or is it universal? What about other countries? Shaving is not an absolute requirement for me, but cleanliness is. Any comments about best and worst countries for hygiene?

So OK, I would try a relatively civilized part of Africa, like Botswna or Namibia (a little German blood there too...) or Etipoia or Eritrea. (I loved the move "Last King of Scotland"....). And I would do Indonesia but only without the conversion.

Butwaitaminnit -- don't LOTS of men in Latin America and the Philippines have two or more families? I know one is usually the "major wife" or "casa grande", one is the "minor wife" or "casa chica". OK - why can't I tell ALL the girls that I still have a wife in the States, and they have to just be my Casa Chicas? Even though we'll be divorced legally, I still consider her my wife - she's the mother of my children, after all. So I'll be telling the truth.

I guess what I'm saying is, if living a lifestyle of "Really Open Official Polygamy ("ROOP") is going to limit me to either black Africa or to Moslem conversion, then maybe I need to consider a lifestyle of "Multiple GirlFriends" ("MGFs"). I can just pose to the world as a playboy type who happens to do the right thing by his GF's when they get pregnant. If it helps, I can even buy a small tiki bar or a small night club.

What about that, Ladislav? Would MGFs fly better in Latin America and the Philippines than ROOP? If that would make the difference, I could probably live with it.

The other thing I ruminate over, is I am just better off hiring housekeeper/masseuses, to live in, somewhere like Thailand, and just openly live the lifestyle I want.

And I wonder if lower barriers to female bisexuality in Thailand (I gather- is it true?) might help girls tolerate and adapt to my lifestyle......

I guess the thing that sets me apart from some on sites like this is that I want "sustainability." I don't demand formal Catholic marriage, but I do want to create a lifestyle that gives the women nvolved a chance to stay in the relationship for life, with some pride, if they choose to.

--That's all for now. Thoughts and comments welcome!!

-Jester
Mr S
Veteran Poster

Post by Mr S »

I just happened across this article. I guess a man can have as many wives as he wants in Russia as long as you can financially support them and they agree to it. I think though the article is a little vague as to whether he is officially married to them all or not. I think he just is living with them all under civil marriage laws.

http://english.pravda.ru/society/storie ... sian_man-0
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.
fuzzy_corleone
Freshman Poster

Post by fuzzy_corleone »

I found this topic via google search. I too want to be involved with multiple women but I'm not a big fan of marriage. Would rather have multiple girlfriends than multiple wives.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

fuzzy_corleone wrote:I found this topic via google search.
Always my favorite topic.

Do you think you can pull it off here or need to go abroad?
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Mr S wrote:I just happened across this article. I guess a man can have as many wives as he wants in Russia as long as you can financially support them and they agree to it. I think though the article is a little vague as to whether he is officially married to them all or not. I think he just is living with them all under civil marriage laws.

http://english.pravda.ru/society/storie ... sian_man-0
"Russian laws do not stipulate any criminal responsibility for civil polygamous marriages. A man can be a civil husband to as many women (including foreigners) as he wants to in Russia. "

SWEET!!

Khorosho!!

Seriously, this article illustrates one of the social benefits of polygamy. Almost no woman - even blind, crippled, etc. - has to go unmarried.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Big Love In Real Life

Post by Jester »

ladislav wrote: However, if you mean actual polygamy with kids, you would need either a very wild region in Africa or Indonesia. In Indonesia, you can become a nominal Muslim and have four wives legally. I am not aware of repercussions when you come back home. Otherwise, a very wild tribal region in Africa would be nice. I was in Kenya 5 years ago and went to a Masai village and it consisted of one man, his 12 wives and all his kids and grandkids. Would you like to become a Masai or something like that? It is worth asking around.

In any event, in order to achieve such a radical lifestyle, major sacrifices will be in order.
Naughty Nomad and another guy or two on his forum also said Indonesia.

Masai - are those Masai in your profile?

Re Mr. S's post (above) about the Russian polygamist - what do you think? Do-able in Russia/FSU or is he a special case?

(Apologies to Mr S for slow response...)
E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster

Post by E_Irizarry »

Jester wrote:Shaving is not an absolute requirement for me, but cleanliness is. Any comments about best and worst countries for hygiene?
THANK YOU. Some else gets it!!!! +∞!!!!
"I appreciate the opportunities I have in America. Opportunities that allow me to live abroad." **Smiles** - Have2Fly@H.A. (2013)

"The only way to overcome that is to go abroad to get a broad."
- E. Irizarry (2009)

"MGTOW resilience is the key to foreign residence. You better muthafuckin' ask somebody!!"
- E. Irizarry (2012)

"I rather be ostracized by 157.0 million (27.3% of the US of Gay pop), then to appease 1 feminist." - E. Irizarry (2013)

TanBoy by DNA | Despedido, Hugo Chavez...Descansa en paz!
sushiman
Freshman Poster

Post by sushiman »

I don't have anything helpful to add, but people having multiple women is fine by me. I mean if the guy can handle more than one...most guys can't!

Bob Marley had a bunch of women and wouldn't recognize any silly laws. It obviously felt natural to him to live that way, so he did it, who cares! Of course in today's USA they would probably throw him in jail.

In Korea all successful guys have a girl on the side. But that's not really what your asking.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

sushiman wrote:I don't have anything helpful to add.....

In Korea all successful guys have a girl on the side.
That IS helpful. Re-reading this served as my Sunday Night Inspiration for the week ahead.

"Be successful."
sushiman
Freshman Poster

Post by sushiman »

Yeah here they become Samsung execs and get a wife who takes care of the "wife stuff" and then a mistress across town who they meet once a week in a place called a "love motel". It's not discussed of course, fairly sure some of my friends here have an arrangement like this but we never speak about it.

In my opinion Korean wives know this happens and accept it, men will be men after all, so in a way it's almost a form of multiple wives?? There may be money/gifts involved?

I'm sure there is some feminist reading this going crazy, but it's been this way for all of human civilization; if there is no reward for the guy to work hard, why should he. The kings in ancient times in KR used to have a separate house full of hookers for their own personal enjoyment! :o
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

sushiman wrote:Yeah here they become Samsung execs and get a wife who takes care of the "wife stuff" and then a mistress across town who they meet once a week in a place called a "love motel". It's not discussed of course, fairly sure some of my friends here have an arrangement like this but we never speak about it.

In my opinion Korean wives know this happens and accept it, men will be men after all, so in a way it's almost a form of multiple wives?? There may be money/gifts involved?

I'm sure there is some feminist reading this going crazy, but it's been this way for all of human civilization; if there is no reward for the guy to work hard, why should he. The kings in ancient times in KR used to have a separate house full of hookers for their own personal enjoyment! :o
Ah yes, your posts also help with Monday Morning Blues!
Rebel_man_UK
Freshman Poster

Post by Rebel_man_UK »

Ok well this is cool im glad I found this thread, its one I wanted to start.
Im of the same mindset as Jester, I would like more than 1 wife which is the so called "norm" in the western world and I would like to live with them all too. If thats a problem for any of my wives then I may have to accept visiting them seperately.
I am favouring south America having 2 or 3 wives in each country, mainly because of the high chance of them not wanting to live together.

p.s I am not a muslim either, brought up Christain but the religion has appealed to me. (I have read the Koran)
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Rebel_man_UK wrote:Ok well this is cool im glad I found this thread, its one I wanted to start.
Im of the same mindset as Jester, I would like more than 1 wife which is the so called "norm" in the western world and I would like to live with them all too. If thats a problem for any of my wives then I may have to accept visiting them seperately.
I am favouring south America having 2 or 3 wives in each country, mainly because of the high chance of them not wanting to live together.

p.s I am not a muslim either, brought up Christian but the religion has appealed to me. (I have read the Koran)
A lot of guys have flirted with conversion to Islam over this issue. Though I know of none who have done it though.

A guy in Lima, Peru lives with a bunch of wives and has been on TV there. Thee is a clip on YouTube. Sleeps with one or several together, day or night, whomever he chooses. No rotation system. He "gets away" with it. And the women seem happy and articulate.

I am also thinking of Latin America. But multi-country would make it tough to raise kids, though hell you could eliminate income tax that way. This due to no tax residency anywhere if you are less than 6 months in each country (usually).

What are some countries that would work for you?

I have thought about the following pairs or groups:
-- Southern California / Baja Norte
(keep my place in L.A. and take MexiCoach across border, no TSA)

-- Antigua,Guatemala / Belize / Chetumal,Mexico
(driveable, close, libertarian, close to U.S. relatives)

-- Paraguay / Uruguay / Argentina
(common cedula, plus combo of libertarian PY, easy UY, interesting AR)

Btw - What's the blue and white flag part of your avatar? Scandinavian?