'BIG LOVE' IN REAL LIFE -- Best Country for Open Polygamy?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Re: 'BIG LOVE' IN REAL LIFE -- Best Country for Open Polygam

Post by eurobrat »

Last edited by eurobrat on May 25th, 2013, 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

eurobrat wrote:
Jester wrote:
eurobrat wrote:
Jester wrote:
eurobrat wrote:
You want to go to a place where you feel welcome.
Interesting principle there, EB.

Care to say more on this topic?
Well obviously I would never feel welcome in a place like Africa. I'm not black culturally or physically. I also hated the midwest, I felt I never was able to fit in Kansas City. I didn't like watching sports or nascar, I hate cheap beer and BBQ is ok but it's not something to eat all the time etc.

I know I could never fit in with Russia or places like Norway, Sweden, Finland.

I know who I am and what I like, while I don't discourage trying new things just know what you're getting into first. I'm ethnically Mediterranean so I seem to fit into countries in that region.

Have you thought of Spain?

1) Residence as a Means to Spanish Citizenship

You have been a legal resident of Spain for at least 10 years.
You are a citizen of a Latin American country, Andorra, Portugal, the Philippines, or Equatorial Guinea, or you are of Sephardic descent, and you have been a legal resident of Spain for at least two years.
You have obtained refugee status in Spain and have been a legal resident for at least five years.

You fulfill one or more of the following conditions: you were born in Spanish territory, you have been married to a Spanish citizen for at least one year, you were born abroad to Spanish parents and/or grandparents, you did not previously exercise your right to Spanish nationality when given the option, you are a widow or widower of a Spanish citizen provided that you were not separated upon your spouse’s death, or you were a ward of the Spanish state for at least two consecutive years. In addition, you have been a legal resident of Spain for at least one year.
Spain is a great idea. Food, climate, culture, people...
You can become a citizen of a Latin country first and then you could get a 3rd passport to Spain.
Haha yes I gleaned that... Paraguay first (or Mexico in a pinch)... then to Spain with the Filipina concubine.... both to get Euro passports....

then Malta to live...
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

Last edited by eurobrat on May 25th, 2013, 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Twobrains
Freshman Poster

Post by Twobrains »

eurobrat wrote: 1) Good Healthcare (Free).
2) Great Weather (California style).
3) Friendly people.
4) Excellent healthy food.
Eurobrat, I usually value your contributions but I really have to dispel some of your claims about Spain, having been there maybe ten times and having visited almost every major city.

1. Healthcare is free for those contributing to the Spanish Social Security system, and for EU nationals. If you're from the USA and have no job in Spain I think you will need private health insurance.

2. If by 'California style' you mean year-round temperatures in the mid-20s celcius and permanently sunny skies, then no. In the winter the south west of Spain (the warmest place in Europe in winter) can have temps anywhere between 10 degrees and 20 degrees, plenty of rain and grey skies. I know, I have spent two winters in Iberia. The summers can be scaldingly hot - sometimes 45 degrees, and high 30s is normal.

3. The Spanish are not friendly (unless they're getting something from you). I find them surly and clannish, and plenty of people I've met agree with me. It can be very very hard to break into their social circles. Italians are more friendly.

4. Yep, the food can be good, if you like lots of meat and fish. I prefer Italian.
"As long as you make an identity for yourself out of the pain, you cannot become free of it." Eckhart Tolle
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

eurobrat wrote:Spain if you have the money looks like a very nice place to retire.
Ahem, Eurobrat, just exactly what makes you think I am even thinking of "retiring"?

"Herald, save thy labor. Come no more for ransom."

So there!

8) :twisted: 8)