How to Work if You Were Convicted of Felony?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

How to Work if You Were Convicted of Felony?

Post by MrMan »

A recent thread about prisoner turned model gave me an idea for a topic.

In the US, applications ask applicants if they have ever been convicted of a felony. If I recall correctly, they can ask about dishonorable discharges from the military? So what should a man do if he falls into either category?

The positive thing about the felony question is that if you are hiring people to work with the public, you can screen out violent criminals. That's fair enough. The downside is the felons get screened out of jobs, so how are they going to support themselves? The temptation is there to carjack someone again or to knock over another liquor or jewelry store, perpetuating the problem.

So if you find yourself in either the felony or the dishonorable discharge category, what can you do? A lot of felons can still get student loans, so they can go back to school. That may pay the bills short-term. A felon who has a degree or gets one might be able to teach English overseas in a country that doesn't ask the felony question. I hear their are limits on sex offenders getting student loans, but if one has a degree, he could probably get a job (working with young women or even children) overseas teaching English in a country that doesn't ask the question on the resume. That's a 'happier abroad' solution to the problem.

Another solution is to take a job that pays a wage at the low end of the scale, a restaurant that hires convicts. Live with roommates. Hide your money. Scrimp. Save. Then start a small business so the felony is not an issue since if you ask yourself if you had a felony, you still want yourself to earn a living. If you live near a large city, you could sell food or drinks at conferences, for example, and sell T-shirts at other events. There are some low-capital businesses like this one can get into.

I also hear some carnivals may hire felons. I heard the pay is pretty decent. You'd have to live in a camper, going around with the carnival working really late hours setting stuff up and cleaning up. Then you might get the winters off.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: How to Work if You Were Convicted of Felony?

Post by Cornfed »

Most of us are already in this position whether felons or not because all the whorporate jobs are given to skanks and dysgenic scum. As such, we have already covered this topic many times.