REAL opinions from REAL people who met Winston

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Winston
Site Admin

REAL opinions from REAL people who met Winston

Post by Winston »

Dear all,
Since human tendency often believes the worst about others, I have to clear up any misconceptions that my bashers may have left about me. in case they have affected innocent unbiased members of this forum and my list. I hope that no one was duped by their lies and highly opinionated judgmental bashing. But just in case.......

Contrary to the bashers claim that everyone who meets me dislikes me, here are 15 comments from REAL people who have met me. The difference is that all these people are happy, positive, outgoing people who have lots of friends. I say again for the umpteenth time, the ONLY people I've met who hate me like these bashers do are those who are EXTREMELY negative and pessimistic about others, to the point where they often stay home cause they can't stand anyone, have few or no friends, and hate most or all people they meet, finding something wrong with everyone. Therefore, such people are NOT the best source of info. on me. Instead, the folks below are far better sources on me:

http://secure.hospitalityclub.org/hc/co ... ?cid=54361

guapa2
United States of America
2006-10-22 05:00:39 I met Winston Wu at my home in Phoenix where he was our gues.
Winston Wu was a guest in our home in Phoenix this summer. He met my husband and I at the pool and after spending some time with Winston we were sure he would be a fine houseguest. He was generous, kind and helpful as I was 8 months pregnant during his stay! I have children and felt comfortable with him in our home. I wish him the very best and hope to see him again soon.
dasza
Norway
2006-07-20 01:45:41 cracow,lovely lovely time with his company!

dasza
Norway
2006-07-20 01:45:29 cracow,lovely lovely time with his company!

dasza
Norway
2006-07-20 01:42:35 cracow,lovely lovely time with his company!

nataliep
United States of America
2006-07-18 06:32:28 Winston stayed with us for two nights.
He is a nice person, excited about life and Eastern Europe. Smile He told us a lot about his travels and adventures. It was interesting since I've never talked to anybody with his perspective. However, at times I felt a little uncomfortable about the impressions he had about my old country. Some of them are not the ones I value, but rather those that are more commercialized and specifically promoted as "true Russian Soul and culture"... Overall, Winston was a good guest, the kind you can trust.
drsvyas
United States of America
2006-07-14 03:58:22 Met at my home South of San Jose, California. He was driving down from Washington stste to Arizona.
Winston was our guest for one night, and we hope we have a chance to meet him again. He seemed very level-headed, open-minded, and was a perfect guest in every way. It was wonderful and very easy to have a conversation with him, and provided valuable insights through his travels & experiences.
misticgoat
United States of America
2005-12-15 18:54:44 At the local food co-op in Bellingham.
I'll be honest and admit that Winston tested my patience a bit. At the time I met him he was very frustrated with the American culture. I believe I could understood his arguement. However, I grew a little tired of hearing it. But besides that, Winston is a good fellow. He is a talented writer and knows how to express himself well. I trust him.
ikaros
Argentina
2005-12-14 03:17:27 We were acquainted through HC
Winston has a lot to share.He is a interesting person to have a conversation with.More you get to know him more he has to offer.Thank you for all your help.It's been my pleasure to spend time with you.I have only a humble bow to give you but it comes straight from heart.
sventieji
Lithuania
2005-06-10 00:00:00 when wu was in Lithuania, on a short trip to Zemaitija
I thought that he was a little strange person and talking really much too. Overall, he's of an interesting type, and you can trust him.
kinga
Poland
2005-05-23 00:00:00 Winston came and stayed at my place in Gdansk for a couple of days.
He's an intriguing character, in love with Russia (and Russian women - not always the right ones, though), with a sense of humour and lot of adventures and misadventures to share...
thekoza
Poland
2005-04-27 00:00:00 we met in Cracow
he's a nice and cheerfull guy. you can trust him, it was good to meet him Smile
dove
Lithuania
2005-04-26 00:00:00 We met in Kaunas, and traveled to Skuodas, Varniai (zemaitija) for a trip.
He was a little amazed of sleeping in a tent while there is still some snow left, but he challenged it very good Smile. He is open to other cultures and people and I guess he's getting to like Europe.
gabysam
Lithuania
2005-04-14 00:00:00 We met here, in Lithuania, and he was very friendly, understenging,intelligent...oh i can say just good words about him, not strict.....
This person is very reliable.
piene
Iceland
2005-04-09 00:00:00 hosted him in kaunas
Winston seemed a person having inner intrigue which makes the time spent with him very interesting. as american, he surprised me by traveling in russia for a long time and having a feeling of freedom. pitty, that we spent such a short time together. wish you strengh on your way

Also, here is what an Indian friend said about me on couchsurfing.com

From ESOTERIX Jul 19, 2006 Met in person

Winston - an Engaging personality! Met Winston at a social event, and was won over by his open, friendly nature, and ability to converse on a deeper plane than most. He is a really fun guy to be around - there is never a dull moment with Winston! He is a prolific and articulate writer, and his homepage is a site for sore eyes Smile
He is equally comfy talking to someone 1-1 as well as regaling groups of people with his world-wide adventures. Winston is definitely someone I'd love to be friends with, and hope to run into again.
Last edited by Winston on September 15th, 2007, 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Redd_Hitler
Freshman Poster

Post by Redd_Hitler »

Winnie, you forget to include Amber’s portrayal of you. After all, she has spent more time with you than all of these other people combined. She was your best friend as well. Who better to give an accurate portrayal of you. Heres what she had to say:

Sent: Sunday, 21 August 2005 4:03 AM
To: xxxxxx
Subject: should i send this to winston

Winston I think your behavior is begining to get morbid and I am even getting sick of the e-mails about these fighta and wars you have with people. I don't blame Dave for getting tired of them!

Hey, I wish you luck with your life but I don't think that you and I have much in common anymore and I am going to go my seperate way in terms of our friendship. You are very self absorbed Wisnton and don't seem to care about anyone but yourself. Everyone says this about you. I don't think you are a bad person and you don't harm anyone or do horrible things but your selfish motives are very apparent and it can be a frustrating thing to be exposed to. Friendship goes two ways Winston and you have a one track mind. A mind that is ONLY focused on YOU YOU YOU.

I wish you luck though in your adventures and in your life pursuits but please don't contact me anymore.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Sunday, 21 August 2005 5:51 AM
To: xxxxxx
Subject: dave please read this...thanks : )
In a message dated 8/20/05 11:05:15 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
AmberMartika writes:

Dave,

I have been friends with Winston for a couple of years now and know him fairly well. I have had a couple of conversations with you by e- mail when the Slave thing was goign down. I just wanted to write this to tell you that I too am getting sick of his selfish behavior and his huge ego....My mother is a psychologist and has diagnosed him with Narcissistic Personality Disorder, by the way. I just sent you guys something about it. You don't have to respond to this since you want to put an end to this war but I just want to relay to you that I too am getting really tired of Winston. I have defended him before and have stuck by his side and tried to accept him for who he was. I have always known that Winston is immature and unrealistic, and yes cheap as hell too! So cheap, in fact that I am embarrassed to go out in public with him sometimes. He treats waitresses and waiters like shit and makes demands on them because he thinks he is some kind of king (just like he said in his e-mail to you) Nobody likes him that I know of. He doesn't have any real friends because he doesn't know how to be a real friend. He is too SELF ABSORBED!

I am ending my friendship with him because I have had enough! So as you go your separate way from him, remember that he in fact is NOT triumphing!!! He is losing because he has no real friends and he is even losing me as a friend and now. He is left with only one friend now (Michael Goodspeed). Hell, Michael can't even stand Winston half of the time.

The truth of the matter is Winston is a little boy and he has a lot of problems and needs to grow up! I know you know this but it just makes it more real when I (someone who considered him to be a friend is saying this too) Take it from me. I have spent a lot of time around him.
gmm567
Freshman Poster

Post by gmm567 »

You found someone who knew Winston personally, and doesn't like him.

Congratulations. What a great accomplishment.

By the way, no psychologist worth a dam would classify someone with the label Narcissistic Personality disorder without extensive one on one conversations in a clinical setting. It's unethical to do that.

Many, many people have narcissistic tendencies in their personalities. It's not uncommon. But that doesn't mean they have a personality disorder.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

gmm567 wrote:You found someone who knew Winston personally, and doesn't like him.

Congratulations. What a great accomplishment.

By the way, no psychologist worth a dam would classify someone with the label Narcissistic Personality disorder without extensive one on one conversations in a clinical setting. It's unethical to do that.

Many, many people have narcissistic tendencies in their personalities. It's not uncommon. But that doesn't mean they have a personality disorder.
W: Plus, Amber and her mom harbored an extreme hatred of men. Amber's mom was a chubby woman who stayed home all the time outside of work, had no social skills, etc.

Amber gets banned from the vegetarian restaurants we go to, because she imagines that the waitresses are staring at her funny, and then cusses them out over it.

Is that a reliable source on me?

I told you Fuller, to find a happy positive emotionally balanced source.

The only reason I hung out with Amber that long was because I couldn't find any other American women to hang out with. I had no choices. Here in the Philippines, I wouldn't have put up with that.
Redd_Hitler
Freshman Poster

Post by Redd_Hitler »

Oh Winston, you are hilarious.

So the two sources, one your ex best friend Amber who knew you for years and another in Stefan who lived with your for four months have no validity in assessing what sort of person you are.

Yet, surprise surprise, a list of a dozen or so people, none of them who had to endure your company for longer than a week are credible sources in assessing your character. Its pretty obvious to any sane person which sources are more reliable.

You see Winston, for these people who have left these comments you had a certain novelty factor when you met them. A factor that will let these people see past your obvious faults for a limited time. Once the novelty wears off people get very sick of you very fast. Only reason they have said such things here is you didn’t outstay your welcome with them, unlike the case of Amber and Stefan.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Redd_Hitler wrote:Oh Winston, you are hilarious.

So the two sources, one your ex best friend Amber who knew you for years and another in Stefan who lived with your for four months have no validity in assessing what sort of person you are.

Yet, surprise surprise, a list of a dozen or so people, none of them who had to endure your company for longer than a week are credible sources in assessing your character. Its pretty obvious to any sane person which sources are more reliable.

You see Winston, for these people who have left these comments you had a certain novelty factor when you met them. A factor that will let these people see past your obvious faults for a limited time. Once the novelty wears off people get very sick of you very fast. Only reason they have said such things here is you didn’t outstay your welcome with them, unlike the case of Amber and Stefan.
W: No Fuller. Let me explain it to you again. Amber and Stefan HATE EVERYONE. So if they hate me, it doesn't mean anything. I'm not making this up. I see in their lives that they hate others, can't stand them for very long, and think nothing but negative thoughts about others.

I didn't live with Amber so I didn't outstay my welcome with her. She doesn't have roommates cause she knows she can't stand anyone for long, ANYONE! Ask her boyfriend Nitesh. He'll tell you the same thing.

Robert in Poland will tell you lots of positive things about me. We were together 3 weeks and he is still missing me and wants me to come back.