We're Making Dating Harder For Local Men

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
shawnberwick
Freshman Poster

We're Making Dating Harder For Local Men

Post by shawnberwick »

I wrote this in another thread...

Dating Apps and social media have made dating national and international now, before the internet you only had access to people in your locality. People dated according to proximity.

Now even pretty woman living in a small town with a social media account is getting DM'd by guys who would drive miles to her, or pay for her travel costs to meet them. Pretty IG girls constantly talk about having celebs slide into their DMs. They aren't picking from just the guys in their locality, they are picking from guys nationally - and even internationally. Competition is extremely high now for men.

That's what a lot of us on this site are doing. Gaming the system, appealing to female hypergamy by travelling overseas and being a financially secure man looking for a partner. We are making dating harder for local men.

What are your guys thoughts and feelings about that?

Guilt, rationalizations, indifference, justifications?

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Lucas88
Experienced Poster

Re: We're Making Dating Harder For Local Men

Post by Lucas88 »

shawnberwick wrote:
April 28th, 2022, 6:20 am
I wrote this in another thread...

Dating Apps and social media have made dating national and international now, before the internet you only had access to people in your locality. People dated according to proximity.

Now even pretty woman living in a small town with a social media account is getting DM'd by guys who would drive miles to her, or pay for her travel costs to meet them. Pretty IG girls constantly talk about having celebs slide into their DMs. They aren't picking from just the guys in their locality, they are picking from guys nationally - and even internationally. Competition is extremely high now for men.

That's what a lot of us on this site are doing. Gaming the system, appealing to female hypergamy by travelling overseas and being a financially secure man looking for a partner. We are making dating harder for local men.

What are your guys thoughts and feelings about that?

Guilt, rationalizations, indifference, justifications?
We're certainly gaming the system by bypassing high-expectation/low-quality women from our own countries and seeking women of much higher quality abroad but I don't think that our foreign presence is too much of a problem in most places.

I think that it could only be a problem if the number of wealthy expatriates reached abnormally high levels in a particular reason but that is rarely the case. Such people are usually an insignificant minority and therefore barely affect the balance of the sexual market. In regions like Latin America, for example, US and European expatriates might be considered attractive due to their status and perceived exoticness but the truth is that most Latin American females are going to consider them out of their league and settle down with a local man of the same social class.

I myself have never lived in an expatriate community. I have always lived as a lone foreigner among locals and so my presence will have had virtually no effect on the local population at all. I just had my one Latin American girlfriend in a monogamous relationship.

I'm not one of those asshole expats who go to a foreign country and want to trash and look down on the local guys and brag about stealing their women. I've only ever wanted to integrate, adopt the local lifestyle completely, speak nothing but the local language, make friends with the locals and take only what I need. I have tremendous respect for the cultures of the societies in which I choose to live and naturally want to make alliances rather than enemies.
galileo2333
Freshman Poster

Post by galileo2333 »

We're exploiters and colonizers. That's a good deed and we're committed to defending our activities against anyone who tries to interfere with us.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Mercer wrote:
April 28th, 2022, 4:27 pm
In the west you would have to work hard to get an obese, angry feminist woman and compete with thousands of other men for the privilege of dating her. Or you can easily have foreign women who are feminine, in shape, and actually pleasant to be around. Which would you choose?

I love that, foreign women win hands down! :D
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."