Were people/women friendlier in the 80's?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Were people/women friendlier in the 80's?

Post by Rock »

Winston wrote:Here's an example of what I mean. Do any of you remember the movie "The Karate Kid" from 1984? It was one of the best movies of the 80's. The emotions in it, especially of the main character, were very genuine and heartfelt, to the point that you had an emotional investment in him winning at the end. And the characters in it, both the good and bad guys, seemed much more natural too, much more human. Here are clips from the movie so you can see what I mean. You won't see any genuine emotions like this in the movies of today.
But didn't you like the modern Jackie Chan version of "The Karate Kid" released in 2010???
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Rock wrote:
Winston wrote:Here's an example of what I mean. Do any of you remember the movie "The Karate Kid" from 1984? It was one of the best movies of the 80's. The emotions in it, especially of the main character, were very genuine and heartfelt, to the point that you had an emotional investment in him winning at the end. And the characters in it, both the good and bad guys, seemed much more natural too, much more human. Here are clips from the movie so you can see what I mean. You won't see any genuine emotions like this in the movies of today.
But didn't you like the modern Jackie Chan version of "The Karate Kid" released in 2010???
It was ok. Somewhat amusing. But nowhere near as good as the original. Haven't you seen the original too? The emotions and characters in the original were far more genuine, heartfelt, and memorable. The new one had crappy fake characters except for Jackie Chan, who is always funny. Read the reviews on IMDB.com and you will see that most movie buffs agree.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
The Un-American
Freshman Poster

Post by The Un-American »

Even the 90s felt a lot more human than today.
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

The Un-American wrote:Even the 90s felt a lot more human than today.
Homie The Clown, Scary Movie,
Color Me Badd, CeCe Peniston club music,
beginning of Black American movies (before they became too coonish #KevinHart)
, et. al.....