DuPage County, Illinois has the absolute worst social scene in America.

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
traveller
Junior Poster

DuPage County, Illinois has the absolute worst social scene in America.

Post by traveller »

DuPage County is the first county west of Chicago and Cook County. It contains many of Chicago's west suburbs including Oak Brook, Elmhurst, Villa Park, Lombard, Glen Ellyn, Wheaton, Downers Grove, Woodridge, Naperville, Bloomingdale, Carol Stream, Glendale Heights, Lemont, Clarendon Hills, and West Chicago. DuPage County is also known as one of Chicago's collar counties, the other collar counties being Will, Lake, Kane, and McHenry counties. For everyone's info, by the way, the majority of area residents use "Chicago" as a broad term to define the general Chicagoland metropolitan area including the suburbs and the collar county area. When referring to the actual main city of Chicago, they usually call it "Chicago proper."

DuPage County, Illinois also has the absolute worst social atmosphere in the Western Hemisphere. Worse than New York, worse than Las Vegas, worse than Los Angeles, and worse than Chicago and Cook County with the possible exception of Chicago's west suburb of Berwyn, as you can see at http://happierabroad.com/forum/viewtopi ... =1&t=40982 Merely approaching within less than 25 feet of a woman gets you labeled a stalker and a creep. Nobody ever interacts with anyone not a family member or outside their tightly, welded closed cliques in DuPage County unless it is strictly business-related. DuPage residents have a heavily workaholic lifestyle, and a zero tolerance policy for strangers and really anyone outside their cliques, even at places like Naperville's River walk, Lombard's Madison Meadow park (including during 4th of July festivities), the DuPage County Fair, Oak Brook Mall, Yorktown Mall, College of DuPage, Wheaton College, Elmhurst College, and even Fermilab. Those places are sure to have guys looking like defeated eunuchs in no time flat. Nobody ever hugs anyone in DuPage County except their closest family members. And approaching within less than 25 feet of any woman in DuPage County is certain to get any man a one-way trip to the DuPage County Jail.

In DuPage County, nobody ever has anything to do with their neighbors, and nobody ever is outside except going to and from work or school. People with handicaps are heavily hated and discriminated against. Single men are expected to stay completely out of everyone else's lives, stay a stranger, and mind their own business. Only 2 to 5 percent of bars and restaurants in DuPage County would serve single men and handicapped persons. People work all 365 days a year in DuPage County and their schedules are governed solely by the Earth's rotation.

Taking a bicycle ride through Naperville on a nice, sunny Saturday afternoon is like riding through a post card. Well kept lawns, shrubbery, mowed grass, but no human activity, even the Illinois Prairie Path sees only sporadic human activity.

Coincidentally, DuPage County, Illinois is very strongly Republican. Most see Illinois as mostly Democratic, but DuPage County is very highly Republican.

P.S. DeKalb County is about just as bad as DuPage County. The social scene in Sycamore and DeKalb, including at Northern Illinois University, is very much as bad as it is in DuPage County.
Last edited by traveller on September 12th, 2020, 2:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.
WisconsinMan82
Freshman Poster

Re: DuPage County, Illinois has the absolute worst social scene in America.

Post by WisconsinMan82 »

I know this is a year-plus-old post, but this post makes DuPage County sound like a total dystopian nightmare! A lot of American suburbs are a lot like this, but this seems particularly intense. It's the classic American "live to work" and clique-oriented mentalities rolled into one.
5/13/2024
traveller
Junior Poster

Post by traveller »

WisconsinMan82 wrote:
July 8th, 2020, 2:58 pm
I know this is a year-plus-old post, but this post makes DuPage County sound like a total dystopian nightmare! A lot of American suburbs are a lot like this, but this seems particularly intense. It's the classic American "live to work" and clique-oriented mentalities rolled into one.
Indeed, people in DuPage County, Illinois live to work, and in fact, it's even illegal for men to communicate with women, as well as for anyone to socialize outside their cliques, in DuPage County. It's no wonder DuPage County Jail is probably overflowing with guys that only wanted to socialize and mingle. And you are right, DuPage County is the live to work and no socializing at all mentalities piled into one huge mountain.

In DuPage County, there is even no such thing as Friday or Saturday or Monday; people don't look forward to Friday anymore. Once again, people in DuPage County work all 7 days a week, 365 days a year, and it's the same repeating schedule every 24 hours, all governed by one thing only; the Earth's rotation.

No wonder Ebenezer Floppen Slopper's Wonderful Water slides is still a crumbling ruin and Dispensa's Kiddie Kingdom was demolished to make way for businesses, like the Oakbrook Terrace Tower, which stands right where Kiddie Kingdom used to be! DuPage County is all business and only business. No socializing, no making friends, all communications are restricted to business and nothing but business, every single day is the same schedule repeating every 24 hours, governed by none other than the rotation of the Earth, death by collision with a train is preferred over arriving even 1 minute late, the majority of people get no more than 4 to 6 hours of sleep per day, and no less than 25 feet of distance between men and women.
Last edited by traveller on July 28th, 2020, 6:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

WisconsinMan82 wrote:
Okay but I think the countrysides of America are better than the cities because the latter are libtard epicenters whilst the former are left-consvertive strongholds that have helped to get Trump to edge out Hitlar in '16 US Election pollings. However, I guess we are talking about suburbs here so suburbs of a city are typically liberal - so the re left pro Trump strongholds are further out from the suburbs into the countryside.

Are we talking about THREE different municipalities? i.e. cities versus suburbs versus countryside/sticks?
WisconsinMan82
Freshman Poster

Post by WisconsinMan82 »

E Irizarry R&B Singer wrote:
July 18th, 2020, 9:17 pm
WisconsinMan82 wrote:
Okay but I think the countrysides of America are better than the cities because the latter are libtard epicenters whilst the former are left-consvertive strongholds that have helped to get Trump to edge out Hitlar in '16 US Election pollings. However, I guess we are talking about suburbs here so suburbs of a city are typically liberal - so the re left pro Trump strongholds are further out from the suburbs into the countryside.

Are we talking about THREE different municipalities? i.e. cities versus suburbs versus countryside/sticks?
DuPage County is quite close to Chicago itself and still has a population density of 2700 people per square mile, which seems decidedly suburban. I would agree that there are really three different types of municipalities/areas in the United States:

Cities - where the most people are, and thus the most interesting mix of restaurants, nightlife, and experiences... at least you'd hope, though quite a few are increasingly social deserts where people live to work and otherwise barely leave their houses unless they're up to something.
Suburbs - mostly residential, repetitive copy-pasted neighbourhoods and often the same strip malls and fast food chains. A lot of people work in the city and then live in their 3500 square foot ivory tower McMansions in the suburbs. Soulless, and a big waste of land.
Rural - generally forested or agricultural, some of the classic "soul" of America still remains out here and people are most down-to-earth. Cities are mostly libtards but the rural areas are where you'll still in most states find a lot of conservatives, Republicans, and Trump fans.
5/13/2024
traveller
Junior Poster

Post by traveller »

WisconsinMan82 wrote:
July 19th, 2020, 8:09 am
WisconsinMan82 wrote:

DuPage County is quite close to Chicago itself and still has a population density of 2700 people per square mile, which seems decidedly suburban. I would agree that there are really three different types of municipalities/areas in the United States:

Cities - where the most people are, and thus the most interesting mix of restaurants, nightlife, and experiences... at least you'd hope, though quite a few are increasingly social deserts where people live to work and otherwise barely leave their houses unless they're up to something.
Suburbs - mostly residential, repetitive copy-pasted neighbourhoods and often the same strip malls and fast food chains. A lot of people work in the city and then live in their 3500 square foot ivory tower McMansions in the suburbs. Soulless, and a big waste of land.
Rural - generally forested or agricultural, some of the classic "soul" of America still remains out here and people are most down-to-earth. Cities are mostly libtards but the rural areas are where you'll still in most states find a lot of conservatives, Republicans, and Trump fans.
Not in Illinois with the rural part.

Sycamore is a rural town roughly 60 miles west of Chicago and surrounded mostly by over 20 miles in almost all directions by endless cornfields save for DeKalb 9 miles southwest. But the people in Sycamore are extremely anti social, highly disconnected; they are as toxic and anti-social as in DuPage County. Same with DeKalb.
WisconsinMan82
Freshman Poster

Post by WisconsinMan82 »

traveller wrote:
July 28th, 2020, 6:26 pm
WisconsinMan82 wrote:
WisconsinMan82 wrote:

Not in Illinois with the rural part.

Sycamore is a rural town roughly 60 miles west of Chicago and surrounded mostly by over 20 miles in almost all directions by endless cornfields save for DeKalb 9 miles southwest. But the people in Sycamore are extremely anti social, highly disconnected; they are as toxic and anti-social as in DuPage County. Same with DeKalb.
FIBs, am I right? ;)
5/13/2024
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

WisconsinMan82 wrote:
WisconsinMan82 wrote:

Couldn't agree any more with this post :+1:
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

I have a friend living near Portland, Oregon,
he always tells me this is the worst of all, a liberal, feminist spot full with seriously overweight and aggressive unfriendly women...

It seems many cities in USA are like that now, dating scene totally broken, nobody is trusting anybody anymore, nobody has any confidence in a legal system, looking out for jobs is getting more difficult, overpriced medical care also has to be mentioned, racist issues are showing up more and more, plenty of criminals - unfortunately this destructive situation will not improve, getting worse and worse...
TD-40
Freshman Poster

Post by TD-40 »

The experts would tell you that all you need to do is change your thoughts and your perspective. These will fix everything.
WisconsinMan82
Freshman Poster

Post by WisconsinMan82 »

TD-40 wrote:
August 1st, 2020, 5:44 am
The experts would tell you that all you need to do is change your thoughts and your perspective. These will fix everything.
Yes, as though it's always perfectly easy to have a ray of sun shining out of your butt at all times. Sometimes things objectively suck.
5/13/2024
traveller
Junior Poster

Post by traveller »

TD-40 wrote:
August 1st, 2020, 5:44 am
It's the same as the "experts" telling you that only rapists, sex predators, pedophiles; only men who belong in the electric chair, no questions asked would have trouble hooking up with a College of DuPage track & field star and/or a Northern Illinois University cheerleader. In other words, the experts would immediately blast any man through the skull with a bazooka who gets rejected and/or in trouble for socializing with women and will immediately declare Martial law over a man getting in trouble for attempting to socialize with a College of DuPage track star.
traveller
Junior Poster

Post by traveller »

Intensifying the misery even more, DuPage County, Illinois is technically a countywide handicap-free zone by law.