Line dancing is sure exploding in popularity.

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
traveller
Junior Poster

Line dancing is sure exploding in popularity.

Post by traveller »

When I first came to Fort Myers, most of the clubs I went to played a lot of classic old music. Classic rock, slow songs, some Spanish mixed in, and such. Once, I went to check out a club called Dixie Roadhouse in Cape Coral, and they were playing the exact same kind of music, slow songs and all, that was played at my high school dances. But in 2013, Dixie Roadhouse switched to country and became basically one huge endless line dance lesson, from 7 pm until 2 in the morning. And I am a terrible line dancer. Not only that, but I don't like seeing all backs and no faces while dancing. Everyone is basically dancing in their own personal bubbles with line dancing. No grinding, no hand holding, nothing, and the dance floor looks more like a military training exercise than a fun night of dancing. I even noticed the DJ there counts down (5, 6, 7, 8 ) at the start of the vast majority of songs, as if anyone caught dancing freestyle would get ejected from the club. I even noticed there are some that teach themselves how to line dance to anything.

And apparently all other clubs that haven't switched to rap are also going full country aka "honky-tonk."
Mercury
Junior Poster

Re: Line dancing is sure exploding in popularity.

Post by Mercury »

traveller wrote:
April 7th, 2019, 11:27 am
When I first came to Fort Myers, most of the clubs I went to played a lot of classic old music. Classic rock, slow songs, some Spanish mixed in, and such. Once, I went to check out a club called Dixie Roadhouse in Cape Coral, and they were playing the exact same kind of music, slow songs and all, that was played at my high school dances. But in 2013, Dixie Roadhouse switched to country and became basically one huge endless line dance lesson, from 7 pm until 2 in the morning. And I am a terrible line dancer. Not only that, but I don't like seeing all backs and no faces while dancing. Everyone is basically dancing in their own personal bubbles with line dancing. No grinding, no hand holding, nothing, and the dance floor looks more like a military training exercise than a fun night of dancing. I even noticed the DJ there counts down (5, 6, 7, 8 ) at the start of the vast majority of songs, as if anyone caught dancing freestyle would get ejected from the club. I even noticed there are some that teach themselves how to line dance to anything.

And apparently all other clubs that haven't switched to rap are also going full country aka "honky-tonk."
Again, Americans are paranoid of each other. And in today's America, even bars and nightclubs are no longer a good place to meet people anymore.

Slow dancing has become totally inappropriate, even illegal, in the United States. This is a HATE culture!!! Nobody wants anyone within less than 6 feet of them anymore. And that is why nobody slow dances in the United States anymore. Even wedding receptions in the United States have completely done away with slow songs and slow dancing.

Line dancing is popular exactly because of what you stated; everyone is isolated and dancing in their own walls, they can maintain the default ice barriers, they only see backs, and they know that when the entire crowd is swing back and forth and front to back like a battering ram, freestyle dancers will not go on the dance floor lest they get knocked to the floor by a line dancer and trampled by the crowd, so put simply, line dancing is a "shield" designed to keep all strangers at bay. If you look closely at any line dance crowd at any country nightclub, you will see that 90% to 95% of the dancers are women. And people at this Dixie Roadhouse place whatever it is, they teach themselves how to line dance to anything and everything because they want to make it publicly known; "No strangers allowed within 6 feet of us! Any strangers who try to dance with us will be knocked to the floor and trampled!" And this Dixie place probably has rules that forbid freestyle dancing, and you never know if you could get kicked out of there for freestyle dancing.

Modern America is a degenerate, trash culture. Toxic, violent, hateful, empty of any love and/or passion towards others. Americans care about nobody but themselves. And nightlife music nationwide has degenerated from the wide range of music in the 90s and early 2000s to just two genres of music, rap/hip hop and country. Nobody in this toxic trash culture known as America wants to hear any genre of music outside of rap/hip hop and country anymore.