American food sucks

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
statnerd
Freshman Poster

American food sucks

Post by statnerd »

Not only is American food unhealthy, but it is also as bland as hell. Coming back from Malaysia and Singapore, where the food was spicy, incredibly tasty, fresh, and cheap to the U.S. where you get bland, unhealthy food for $15 a plate was depressing.

I went to eat at a so-called "Chinese food" buffet with family members after returning from Asia and one of them seriously asked me "look familiar?" My response was "No, this is crap."

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

CannedHam
Freshman Poster

Re: American food sucks

Post by CannedHam »

Bingo. When you consider American food quality + quantity consumed + lifestyle, it amazes me that some people are still incapable of figuring out why there are so many fat f***s here.

I've started slowly learning to cook more and more on my own for this reason.
josephty2
Freshman Poster

Post by josephty2 »

Winston Wu said his favorite foods are Chinese, Italian, and Vegetarian.

http://www.happierabroad.com/biography.htm

No country specializes in vegetarian food (that would be 1/3 of religions) so in terms of happier abroad, perhaps go where your favorite foods are? I would imagine if you never left your Christian group this website would have never existed.

Personally you lived in California and Washington state and given the culture here you have to like: coffee, kombucha, kale, vegan (not vegetarian), milk, gluten foods, meat, and coffee. Probably should add half of processed foods especially if there is corn in it. Washington state especially has more incidences of all day breakfast and drive throughs. Not sure about California though given how crowded it is.

Perhaps the new age community might have some ideas. Along with the natural food community, there are lots of thin people there.
Then again, some people go all the way (cognitive dissonance/fallacy of incomplete evidence).

Eat dates.

The problem is iphones.
CannedHam
Freshman Poster

Post by CannedHam »

josephty2 wrote:
March 11th, 2019, 1:30 pm
Winston Wu said his favorite foods are Chinese, Italian, and Vegetarian.

http://www.happierabroad.com/biography.htm

No country specializes in vegetarian food (that would be 1/3 of religions) so in terms of happier abroad, perhaps go where your favorite foods are? I would imagine if you never left your Christian group this website would have never existed.
FWIW India has a ton of amazing vegetarian dishes(40-50% of the country is vegetarian).