Culture Shock? Winston tell of.

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
gmm567
Freshman Poster

Culture Shock? Winston tell of.

Post by gmm567 »

You've been in the Philippines long enough to experience Culture Shock.
But then again, maybe you won't suffer from it. Maybe you resonate with that culture.

I lived in London for 6 months and I got culture shock. The thing I didn't like about England was that there society seemed so stagnant. There just wasn't the constant improvement and vitality that competition brings to a society. People are constantly innovating and doing fresh new things here in the US. But high taxes and regulations can smother that .I think Maggie Thatcher did a lot to improve that though.

Have you experienced Culture Shock in the Philippines.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

I wouldn't call it culture shock, more like culture stimulation. There isn't much culture here anyway to be shocked from. lol It's just a matter of adjusting to the lifestyle here and a series of inconveniences, bad food and bad customer service, and of course, not having a car!
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Jackal
Experienced Poster

Post by Jackal »

Winston, I guess they don't have cockfights or escrima matches where you live. Do you think you'd feel some culture shock in the more rural areas of the Philippines?