How did the way things are in the US go from the 70s to now?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Mercury
Junior Poster

Re: How did the way things are in the US go from the 70s to now?

Post by Mercury »

growup wrote:
November 20th, 2018, 6:37 pm
Mercury wrote:
November 20th, 2018, 3:11 pm
"Stranger Danger" played a huge part in the disconnection of American culture. Adults began teaching children to flee from every stranger screaming for help. Children in the 80s and 90s were being taught that the entire outdoors, every single square foot of it, is the hood, like even the quietest streets in the world have upwards of 75 to 150 drive-by shootings a day. And today those same kids, as adults, not only are disconnected and hateful, but they have withdrawn almost permanently indoors; they don't leave their residence except for work, school, and shopping only. To them, even rural country towns are a nonstop drive-by shooting scene, loaded with gangs, serial killers, and terrorists. As in to them, you step outside and you'll get immediately blasted by AK-47 fire.
With all due respect, sir, you are the kind of person I warn my daughters about.
Would you want YOUR children to get into a car with someone you don't know?
No, I wouldn't, especially if it is in or near a bad neighborhood. But when people like you make it look like the entire world is the hood and that even the most rural communities in the middle of nowhere are nothing but drive-by shootings, armed kidnappings, armed robberies, homicides, gangs, and everything, like you think you're in Detroit or even Baghdad, it's not nice.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

ETNJA
Freshman Poster

Post by ETNJA »

Things started slipping away around the middle of 1950.

Kennedy was elected into office and started passing legislation giving women more power within the governmental system. As we progressed into the 60's liberal policies were changing the landscape of America. Some of these included integration of the civil rights movement which aligned perfectly with the women's movement and equal rights for all.This was just the beginning of a very slippery slope and during this time of national upheaval birth control was invented and released for public consumption and mixed perfectly with the Free Love movement of the Hippy Generation i.e. Baby Boomers.

The Boomer Generation pushed for laws to be passed including Roe vs. Wade and No Fault Divorces. This mixed right in perfectly with laws of the past giving women free reign to divorce, get a job and support herself, get on BC to circumvent any unwanted pregnancies from flings and get an abortion if needed. She would also be supported and held up by the state if she did not receive payments from a childs father. There were also many women who didn't marry and simply got an education and job. Family came later. Either way once the woman started to feel independence she proceeded to divorce and got the kids and the father was removed from the family in any meaningful way.

In rolled the 80*s and so did the many single parent homes and now the term "latchkey kid" became a hot topic of discussion. Now a single parent, usually the mother could work to support her and child and when the child came home after school they would be at home being raised by the TV or doing whatever they pleased until someone came home and tended to them. It was also during this time that women started to want a sensitive man.

At this time I'll digress and drop back to the 60s Boomers. This generation also had children that went on to become very well educated and become professors later in life and teach at America's fine institutions of higher learning. More on that later.

In rolls the 90s and now we have a generation of children being raised in single parent or mixed parent homes. The paternal father, due to mostly unfair practices within Family Courts were cut out of their childrens lives and strangers who had nothing invested raised the children or the kids raised themselves. Those same fathers never got to teach valuable lessons to their offspring, such as how to be self sufficient and honorable. How to look out for your neighbors in times of need and be an upstanding citizen within your community. Girls never learned how to be modest or have pride in their home and both boy and girl watched mom and dad go through multiple relationships using this template years down the road in their own lives. Single mothers raised their sons to be sensitive and teat women as equals. And that is exactly what they became and did, which revolted most women on a pathological level just as manly women revolt men on a pathological level.

Those children born and raised in the 90's started going to college in the 00's. These same children were now getting their pliable minds taught by professors that were molded in the 60,70 and 80s. These same liberal professors taught these kids, who were now months old adults about the invisible evils of the world. How everything bad that ever happened in the existence of the world is all Anglo males faults. These young adults were to become the extreme of what we have now, but it wouldn't have happened without the existence of what was to come next.

The smart phone and the rise of social media.

During the mid 00's the internet was a place to play a game, waste time or find information. Internet connections were still very slow compared to what was to come and people filled the time with other interests. The internet was just a fun thing to do or great place to learn.

Then social media took off and now everyone had a place to speak their mind. This coincided with the smart phone and now everyone with an opinion had a mega phone and anyone with a phone and a cellular connection could hear them. You couldn't turn away, because the train wreck was too fun to watch. This included the indoctrinated adults that were stepping out of college with all kinds of liberal propaganda pumped into them from the professors that were raised in the 60s,70s, and 80s. They (feminists) now had a place to talk and began forming echo chambers. All it took was a naive person with little to no guidance from a caring and loving adult to fall into the chamber and it was over. Follow a childhood of social media hatred for men and it gets reinforced when they go to college by liberal studies and tenured professors.

Today we have a generation of women who hold immense power within the legislative and judicial branches of the government. They also hold immense power over the educational system and are the primary teacher and care taker of our children from the moment they walk into a building of education until the moment they walk out. These same women were never raised with a strong masculine father to lead them or a modest mother to mold them. They were also taught at the same colleges where feminist propaganda was taught to them. Men have been forced out of education for the most part.

These same women have had laws passed that only benefit themselves and many weak willed politicians agreeing with a law to secure future votes. Based on these laws men have become emasculated and no longer fight on an even playing field. Social media has created a new Salem and lives are ruined by it. No one has the power to stand up against it so they say nothing at all.

I've omitted a lot of my personal feelings, but this was a perfect storm and it started at the end of the 50's with second wave feminism. What we have today has been decades in the making and has peaked with the introduction of social media and high speed cellular data. Combined with men who don't know how to lead or want to fight you have what you see today.
Mercury
Junior Poster

Post by Mercury »

However, I see nothing wrong with children interacting socially with other people, as long as the children don't get into the stranger's car or anything. Americans are so paranoid these days that they even hate their neighbors! And when people don't let their kids hang out with the next door neighbors, again like they think they are in Detroit, or even Baghdad or Syria, it's a major issue. When people make like all strangers do one thing and one thing only; lure children into their cars and then rape and kill them, again like even the most rural communities are nothing but drive-by shootings, homicides, armed robberies, lethal gangs, and illegal drugs, it's also a huge problem.
growup
Freshman Poster

Post by growup »

My one neighbor is on drugs, so they don't interact with her at all. My other neighbor is a sweet older lady who babysits for me all the time.
As far as saying that neighborhoods are bad, you, dear, are the one who paints Chicago to be like Baghdad, lol.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

The late Yuri Bezmenov, a defected KGB operative, explained that America focused solely on the spying aspects of Soviet activities while ignoring the more covert, unchallenged infusion of Marxist-Leninist ideals into universities, media, and other institutions.

The addlebrained and morally bankrupt culture we have now is a direct result of this "de-moralization" program. Bear in mind that demoralization, in this context, means destroying the common sense of morality in a society: Girls can be boys. Boys can be girls. Fat is the new thin. 50 is the new 30. The future is female. Believe all women. Conservatism is Nazism. Diversity is our greatest strength. Bla, bla, bla.

I encourage you to view the 2 hour interview of Bezmenov in which he essentially predicted this outcome.
Mercury
Junior Poster

Post by Mercury »

Growup = Americanized feminist.
growup
Freshman Poster

Post by growup »

actually, I'm not a feminist.
I still believe that the husband is the head of the home, and that the wife should submit to her husband.
I DON'T think that women owe creepy stalkers anything though, sorry! :)
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

growup wrote:
November 23rd, 2018, 1:03 pm
I still believe that the husband is the head of the home, and that the wife should submit to her husband.
All women living in Western countries are feminists, regardless of what they say.

When it is convenient, they run to gynocentric privilege at every chance. Dispute in the workplace, "muh feminism" they cry! Dispute with a cop, "muh feminism" they cry! Dispute with a man in public, "muh feminism" they cry!

This "growup" character betrays herself by even suggesting that men feel they are owed something by women. This is self-congratulatory feminism leaking thru. She's indeed a virulent feminist, and a cover, sneaky one at that!
onethousandknives
Junior Poster

Post by onethousandknives »

growup wrote:
November 21st, 2018, 2:25 pm
My one neighbor is on drugs, so they don't interact with her at all. My other neighbor is a sweet older lady who babysits for me all the time.
As far as saying that neighborhoods are bad, you, dear, are the one who paints Chicago to be like Baghdad, lol.
To be fair, Chicago has had more murders this year than the entire country of Poland. Look up the stats.
onethousandknives
Junior Poster

Post by onethousandknives »

Talking to my parents about the 70s in USA, and getting real answers instead of lies like as a child, and my dad telling me about all his drunken wild shit he'd do back then, I don't really know how much I'd enjoy living in 1970s USA. Statistically the Baby Boomers were the most violent and criminal generation in all of US history, but they look back on it all as "fun." Murder doubled in the 70s statistically. Rape, robbery, and assault almost tripled as well. If anything looking at historical trends, it seems like current times in the 2010s are basically equivalent to the 1970s, as far as craziness going on and broad cultural changes.
growup
Freshman Poster

Post by growup »

onethousandknives wrote:
November 23rd, 2018, 10:20 pm
growup wrote:
November 21st, 2018, 2:25 pm
To be fair, Chicago has had more murders this year than the entire country of Poland. Look up the stats.
oh, I'll definitely agree with you that Chicago (the city itself, not so much the suburbs) can be a really bad place, but if you look at Mercury/traveller's posts, he makes it sound like it's an endless murder spree out there :)
growup
Freshman Poster

Post by growup »

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:
November 23rd, 2018, 7:37 pm
growup wrote:
November 23rd, 2018, 1:03 pm
All women living in Western countries are feminists, regardless of what they say.

When it is convenient, they run to gynocentric privilege at every chance. Dispute in the workplace, "muh feminism" they cry! Dispute with a cop, "muh feminism" they cry! Dispute with a man in public, "muh feminism" they cry!

This "growup" character betrays herself by even suggesting that men feel they are owed something by women. This is self-congratulatory feminism leaking thru. She's indeed a virulent feminist, and a cover, sneaky one at that!
You are adorable.
You don't know me at all.
I don't feel that men owe women anything. It's why I've ALWAYS worked, so my Dad wouldn't work himself to death taking care of my Mom and my siblings and me.
On that same note, I don't feel I owe anything to a man.
I don't understand why that's such a hot button issue for you guys.
Live and let live :)
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

growup wrote:
November 25th, 2018, 10:00 am
I don't feel I owe anything to a man.
Can you point out where on the forum men suggest that women OWE them something? The fact that you keep suggesting that it is the men here feeling owed by women is beginning to get a little creepy. Might this sentiment of being made to feel that you owe men things be part of some salacious personal fantasy of yours?

Trust me when I say it would be impossible for American women to "owe" me anything when they have nothing I would ever want. In Eastern Europe, however, openly negotiated relationships are understood from the start and the mutual give and take does not make women fantasize or obsess about "owing" men anything.

If anything, it is American women who feel that men OWE them wealth, attention, sex, child support, alimony, etc. and they use the government and the courts to force men to provide these things to women.

"PROJECTION" IS MORE THAN JUST THAT LITTLE ROOM IN THE BACK OF THE THEATER MY DEAR!
growup
Freshman Poster

Post by growup »

Actually, there was a post by Mercury...I'm gonna find it when I have the time.
I wouldn't have said something if there wasn't a post.
Like I said, live and let live.
I'll agree with you about things being much more open/understood in Europe (which is probably why my marriage works. We were open with each other from the get go)
I mean no harm.
:)
growup
Freshman Poster

Post by growup »