Morally, is Sugar Daddying/Spoiling women prostitution?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Neo
Junior Poster

Morally, is Sugar Daddying/Spoiling women prostitution?

Post by Neo »

Someone clarify this for me. If a man MUST buy a woman things so she will be with him, isn't this just prostitution? I am not trying to offend anyone.
Prudence is the knowledge of things to be sought, and those to be shunned.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Morally, is Sugar Daddying/Spoiling women prostitution?

Post by Cornfed »

Neo wrote:
October 26th, 2018, 9:02 am
Someone clarify this for me. If a man MUST buy a woman things so she will be with him, isn't this just prostitution? I am not trying to offend anyone.
In most sexual relationships the female will have some external motivation whether it is resources or status (which is arguably a long-term means of getting resources) so of course they generally fit somewhere on the prostitution scale.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

Neo wrote:
From a legal standpoint, prostitution involves quid pro quo sex for money. Anything short of sex in exchange for money is not prostitution. However, prostitution is morally equivalent to sugar daddying (money for close association) and marriage IMO (resources and familial protection in exchange for exclusive sexual relations).

Prostitution is demonized as immoral by those who benefit from restricting sex it ie. unattractive women, married women, married men, governments who want people to marry so they consume more "stuff," etc.
Neo
Junior Poster

Post by Neo »

I've come to the conclusion that it is prostitution and there is no difference.

This girl asked me if I had a Paypal account and as soon as I said no, she stopped responding to me.
Bao3niang
Junior Poster

Post by Bao3niang »

You reap what you sow. What you use to attract women will directly relate to the kind of woman that wants to be with you. In my opinion, sugar daddies and gold diggers are all part of the same game, a game I'm not willing nor able to be part of.
CYKA BLYAT!!!!!!
Neo
Junior Poster

Post by Neo »

Bao3niang wrote:
October 26th, 2018, 8:26 pm
You reap what you sow. What you use to attract women will directly relate to the kind of woman that wants to be with you. In my opinion, sugar daddies and gold diggers are all part of the same game, a game I'm not willing nor able to be part of.
She was on tinder and put her instagram account name on there. Quite a few girls are doing that. Then on instagram that's where I learned what she was up to. Too bad.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

Neo wrote:
I think ethically, having with a woman who is not married who dpes it for free is the same thing as paying a prostitute. Both are whoring around. One girl just charges $0.00 or dinner and a movie or whatever.
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Post by OutWest »

MrMan wrote:
October 28th, 2018, 2:49 pm
Neo wrote:
I think ethically, having with a woman who is not married who dpes it for free is the same thing as paying a prostitute. Both are whoring around. One girl just charges $0.00 or dinner and a movie or whatever.
Without benefit of clergy? There is nowhere in the Bible that gives pastors or priests authority to "marry" someone. It is usurped authority, nothing else.
Neo
Junior Poster

Post by Neo »

It's not my job to teach the law. So I wasn't going to say anything.

In any case, I don't want to get involved in prostitution unintentionally. That is a clear case there.
Nailer
Freshman Poster

Post by Nailer »

A normal woman seeks a monogamous partner for life to benefit from. A prostitute splits her effort up among multiple men for temporary engagements.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

OutWest wrote:
October 28th, 2018, 4:32 pm
MrMan wrote:
Neo wrote:
Without benefit of clergy? There is nowhere in the Bible that gives pastors or priests authority to "marry" someone. It is usurped authority, nothing else.
I am not sure what part of my post your question is about, exactly. But I would agree with you that clergy joining people is not in the Bible. It is, however, a common cultural practice for recognizing marriages in the western world. The Roman Catholic Wedding and Greek Orthodox weddings probably evolved from the pre-Christian Roman wedding ceremonies that got Christianized over time.

In the Bible, in most cases, the father of the bride gives the bride in marriage. There was a case of a man who took his near relative's widow as wife when another relative passed up on her. He did have the elders presents as witnesses to the transaction when he redeemed the deceased relatives property and at the same time took Ruth to wife.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

MrMan wrote:
October 28th, 2018, 8:54 pm
OutWest wrote:
October 28th, 2018, 4:32 pm
MrMan wrote:
Neo wrote:
I am not sure what part of my post your question is about, exactly. But I would agree with you that clergy joining people is not in the Bible. It is, however, a common cultural practice for recognizing marriages in the western world. The Roman Catholic Wedding and Greek Orthodox weddings probably evolved from the pre-Christian Roman wedding ceremonies that got Christianized over time.

In the Bible, in most cases, the father of the bride gives the bride in marriage. There was a case of a man who took his near relative's widow as wife when another relative passed up on her. He did have the elders presents as witnesses to the transaction when he redeemed the deceased relatives property and at the same time took Ruth to wife.
The bible expressly discourages marriage, full stop. Christian clerics simply ignore that discouragement in order to preside over increasingly larger hordes of brainwashed man-drones.

Anybody who ENCOURAGES marriage is anti-biblical regardless of their weak excuses.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:
October 28th, 2018, 9:55 pm
The bible expressly discourages marriage, full stop.
Say what?????
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Cornfed wrote:
October 28th, 2018, 10:37 pm
Contrarian Expatriate wrote:
October 28th, 2018, 9:55 pm
The bible expressly discourages marriage, full stop.
Say what?????
I Corinthians 7
Verse 8
Now to the unmarried[a] and the widows I say: It is good for them to stay unmarried, as I do.

Verse 32
I would like you to be free from concern. An unmarried man is concerned about the Lord’s affairs—how he can please the Lord. 33 But a married man is concerned about the affairs of this world—how he can please his wife— 34 and his interests are divided.

Verse 38
So then, he who marries the virgin does right, but he who does not marry her does better.

These are the verses that Christians either deny or frantically dance around with nonsensical rationalizations like, "It doesn't actually mean actual marriage," or "you have to be a Christian to understand it properly," or "it is just a metaphor," or some other malarkey that makes them appear like lying fools they are.
Neo
Junior Poster

Post by Neo »

Paul's standard for the unmarried is actually celibacy and abstinence. Therefore most men will have to find a woman eventually, because most men will not want to live celibate for their entire lives.

I have been celibate for a few years now without a woman, and it is very hard. I really need to find a woman, as in yesterday.