HA vs Psychiatry - Why HA can heal/alleviate some mental disorders

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Winston
Site Admin

HA vs Psychiatry - Why HA can heal/alleviate some mental disorders

Post by Winston »

* Note: This is a reply to @Darrell_Johnston from another thread. He wanted this discussion in a separate thread, so I'm creating it here.

Here's the discussion:
Darrell_Johnston wrote:
August 8th, 2018, 7:27 pm
" Last but not least, he criticized me when I mentioned that in most of the world people don't need therapy, counseling, or use psychiatric drugs to cure mental illnesses like depression ( an exception being that when there's a chemical imbalance in the brain), when the reality is that the U.S. has one of the highest rates of mental illness due to the fact that life in America is dehumanizing and atomizing."

I think this is the real reason he blocked me because he took something personal that wasnt aimed at him, he PM'd my friend saying I told him to see a shrink.....which I did not, I made a post saying that *GOD FORBID* I like America, and it was Hanson who brought up the mental illness statistics in USA, to which I replied....."if some one has mental illness, they need to see a clinical psychologist". Because.....believe it or not, that is a clinical psychologists job, they are trained to understand mental illnesses and coach people how to readjust to society. There is a big difference between being depressed and being mentally ill......a vacation can cure general depression, it cant cure proper mental illness. If Matt took this personal, thats his issue, it was not aimed at him, and he should not have thought it was, it was merely my response to him saying there is high mental illness.
This is very wrong and narrow Darrell. For a number of reasons.

First, there is no proof that mental illness exists. Not every person diagnosed with mental illness has a brain imbalance, and not everyone with a brain imbalance has a mental disorder. The link is not proven. There are many books and articles exposing this, such as "The Myth of Mental Illness" which suggests that "mental illness" it's a label and judgment, not a real disease. Also see: http://www.successfulschizophrenia.com

Second, we all know that psychiatrists and doctors are overly eager to prescribe medication and drugs, and "diagnose" you with something. Didn't you know that? They are drug peddlers. That's their job. It's a corrupt profit system that tries to label as many people as it can with any mental illness so they can maximize sales of drugs. Have you ever gone to a psychiatrist and they told you "You are fine. You don't need any medication."? lol. Of course not. We all know they are OVERLY EAGER to prescribe something to you. They are drugs salesmen, not truth seekers. Even I was misdiagnosed before and given Prozac which did nothing but give me anxiety.

Third, a lot of mental problems have metaphysical causes like inorganic beings, possession by entities, oversensitivity, etc. Not by brain imbalances. Drugs can stop the voices temporarily but they cannot cure it. There is a lot of evidence now that possession by real external entities does exist. There are many cases of demon possession that cannot be explained by a brain imbalance theory, and thus a supernatural explanation better fits the cases. See here for some examples and evidence:

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=14066&p=311178#p311178
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=21922

Listen to interviews on YouTube with "Jerry Marzinsky", "Rosemary Ellen Guiley", "Robert Stanley", "Father Malachi Martin", etc. They discuss entities and possession and schizophrenic voices in detail.

Also some mental problems are due to hypersensitivity to a bad environment. Empaths especially have problems with oversensitivity and absorbing too much negative energy from the environment, which overwhelms them and drains them. This is a spiritual/psychic problem, not a brain imbalance.

Fourth, location does make a difference for some types of mental problems. I know this from firsthand experience. There are many types of mental disorders. Even if some are due to brain imbalances, not all are. I know for sure that some of them, such as social anxiety and OCD, can be solved by going overseas to friendlier environments that are less toxic or stressful and have more positive vibes and do not constantly judge you unfairly and tell you "there's something wrong with you!" all the time. I know that from first hand direct experience. Yes I have alleviated mental disorder symptoms like OCD by going overseas. See here for an example in my life from 1990: http://www.happierabroad.com/Childhood.htm . Even going to other US states can make a difference. I noticed that in Northern Nevada my mental health and spirit was a lot better than in California for instance. So YES. HA does solve SOME types of mental problems, even if not all.

This is the BIGGEST SECRET in the mental health industry, self-improvement industry, and conspiracy/truther movement that's being kept from you. If they would consider HA as a solution, many lives could be changed. If they let me do a TEDx Talk about this, I could change many lives. But this is too far outside the box and too taboo to talk about openly.

That's why guys like Matt Hanson and me need to get this message out to those who need it. Do you see what I mean? So why challenge it? I'm not making false claims. I'm making claims based on real firsthand experience, which trumps any words you can dish out for sure. As we all know, our personal direct experience trumps what anyone says.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Darrell_Johnston
Freshman Poster

Re: HA vs Psychiatry - Why HA can heal/alleviate some mental disorders

Post by Darrell_Johnston »

well if there is proof that mental illness doesnt exist, why did matt hanson say it did? why arent you arguing with him? It was him who made the point, yet its me who is being put on the defensive for it.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Darrell_Johnston wrote:
August 20th, 2018, 8:11 pm
well if there is proof that mental illness doesnt exist, why did matt hanson say it did? why arent you arguing with him? It was him who made the point, yet its me who is being put on the defensive for it.
Maybe matt was referring to people who were diagnosed with mental illness by the mental health industry. Not to people who really are mentally ill. Or he was referring to depression and social anxiety due to bad circumstances or alienation or lack of social disconnection.

@MattHanson1990 what you think?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
GuyAbroad8293
Freshman Poster

Post by GuyAbroad8293 »

Psychiatry is a bogus science. People in America feel not at ease (dis-eased) in their mind because of the collapse of traditional culture, combined with the toxic paranoid vibe of America.

Leaving America is enough to allieviate all anxiety problems. I would get serious social anxiety in America, and yet I never got the same in Asia.

www.AntiPsychiatry.org

Post by bicycledays »

Well said that people in America feel dis-eased because of the collapse of traditional culture. Also, feminism, a jewish-invented weapon to destroy white families, in order to create an environment so the jews can be more easily in control, has weakened the U.S.A.
www.RealJewNews.com
www.DavidDuke.com
www.incogman.net
onethousandknives
Junior Poster

Post by onethousandknives »

One thing I think with HA thinking and psychiatry and improving your life, is a lot of times it doesn't even require a drastic move. Even just moving to another city or state might help you out a lot, by getting you away from friends/family that don't have your best interest at heart and don't want to see you successful.

With drug addiction for example, in mainstream psychology, people are often told to change their environment around, to not "trigger" drug addiction. One example is say you have Kurt Kobain posters up all over your room, etc, to take them down, so they don't remind you of doing heroin in that room. One area of psychology that is indeed true, and pretty provable in a cause and effect way 99% of the time is conditioning. This goes with Pavlov and the dogs, etc. So if you're living in a place that gives negative triggers to you all the time, that triggers a bad conditioned response (be this depression, not feeling confident around girls, etc) going to another place without these triggers or less of them will obviously be beneficial. So in this way, going abroad is a solution that psychiatry does agree with in the classical sense at the most basic level. Beyond going abroad, radically changing your life to be different in some ways, listening to different music, etc, might also be of the same type of thinking, to change your classical conditioned responses towards things.

Hah, oddly psychology does agree with HA.
rainbanz
Freshman Poster

Post by rainbanz »

Winston,

Sometimes you are wrong too! Just admit it.. Nobody is perfect, I'm not perfect..

You think you know everything? Are you a BOARD CERTIFIED Doctor? Psychologist? or Psychiatrist? You never actually went on there shoes before..

Yes, some Psychiatrist prescribe you medicine, but they have liability issues too, so they cannot just prescribe you any medications if you are experiencing unpleasant side effects.(you dont even know how Board Certified Doctors are trained for YEARS!! in order to prescribe less medicine that you really need)

You're not even on there level in terms of there YEARS of education and clinical experience.

So please, you need to STOP being "Mr. Know it all"

You can have numerous debate, proving you are right..

But according to my opinion, YOU ARE WRONG sometimes!
waylon mercy
Freshman Poster

Post by waylon mercy »

Winston wrote:
August 20th, 2018, 11:00 am
* Note: This is a reply to @Darrell_Johnston from another thread. He wanted this discussion in a separate thread, so I'm creating it here.

Here's the discussion:
Darrell_Johnston wrote:
August 8th, 2018, 7:27 pm
" Last but not least, he criticized me when I mentioned that in most of the world people don't need therapy, counseling, or use psychiatric drugs to cure mental illnesses like depression ( an exception being that when there's a chemical imbalance in the brain), when the reality is that the U.S. has one of the highest rates of mental illness due to the fact that life in America is dehumanizing and atomizing."

I think this is the real reason he blocked me because he took something personal that wasnt aimed at him, he PM'd my friend saying I told him to see a shrink.....which I did not, I made a post saying that *GOD FORBID* I like America, and it was Hanson who brought up the mental illness statistics in USA, to which I replied....."if some one has mental illness, they need to see a clinical psychologist". Because.....believe it or not, that is a clinical psychologists job, they are trained to understand mental illnesses and coach people how to readjust to society. There is a big difference between being depressed and being mentally ill......a vacation can cure general depression, it cant cure proper mental illness. If Matt took this personal, thats his issue, it was not aimed at him, and he should not have thought it was, it was merely my response to him saying there is high mental illness.
This is very wrong and narrow Darrell. For a number of reasons.

First, there is no proof that mental illness exists. Not every person diagnosed with mental illness has a brain imbalance, and not everyone with a brain imbalance has a mental disorder. The link is not proven. There are many books and articles exposing this, such as "The Myth of Mental Illness" which suggests that "mental illness" it's a label and judgment, not a real disease. Also see: http://www.successfulschizophrenia.com

Second, we all know that psychiatrists and doctors are overly eager to prescribe medication and drugs, and "diagnose" you with something. Didn't you know that? They are drug peddlers. That's their job. It's a corrupt profit system that tries to label as many people as it can with any mental illness so they can maximize sales of drugs. Have you ever gone to a psychiatrist and they told you "You are fine. You don't need any medication."? lol. Of course not. We all know they are OVERLY EAGER to prescribe something to you. They are drugs salesmen, not truth seekers. Even I was misdiagnosed before and given Prozac which did nothing but give me anxiety.

Third, a lot of mental problems have metaphysical causes like inorganic beings, possession by entities, oversensitivity, etc. Not by brain imbalances. Drugs can stop the voices temporarily but they cannot cure it. There is a lot of evidence now that possession by real external entities does exist. There are many cases of demon possession that cannot be explained by a brain imbalance theory, and thus a supernatural explanation better fits the cases. See here for some examples and evidence:

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=14066&p=311178#p311178
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=21922

Listen to interviews on YouTube with "Jerry Marzinsky", "Rosemary Ellen Guiley", "Robert Stanley", "Father Malachi Martin", etc. They discuss entities and possession and schizophrenic voices in detail.

Also some mental problems are due to hypersensitivity to a bad environment. Empaths especially have problems with oversensitivity and absorbing too much negative energy from the environment, which overwhelms them and drains them. This is a spiritual/psychic problem, not a brain imbalance.

Fourth, location does make a difference for some types of mental problems. I know this from firsthand experience. There are many types of mental disorders. Even if some are due to brain imbalances, not all are. I know for sure that some of them, such as social anxiety and OCD, can be solved by going overseas to friendlier environments that are less toxic or stressful and have more positive vibes and do not constantly judge you unfairly and tell you "there's something wrong with you!" all the time. I know that from first hand direct experience. Yes I have alleviated mental disorder symptoms like OCD by going overseas. See here for an example in my life from 1990: http://www.happierabroad.com/Childhood.htm . Even going to other US states can make a difference. I noticed that in Northern Nevada my mental health and spirit was a lot better than in California for instance. So YES. HA does solve SOME types of mental problems, even if not all.

This is the BIGGEST SECRET in the mental health industry, self-improvement industry, and conspiracy/truther movement that's being kept from you. If they would consider HA as a solution, many lives could be changed. If they let me do a TEDx Talk about this, I could change many lives. But this is too far outside the box and too taboo to talk about openly.

That's why guys like Matt Hanson and me need to get this message out to those who need it. Do you see what I mean? So why challenge it? I'm not making false claims. I'm making claims based on real firsthand experience, which trumps any words you can dish out for sure. As we all know, our personal direct experience trumps what anyone says.
what city in nevada did you go to?
Darrell_Johnston
Freshman Poster

Travel being good for emotional health is not a big secret that the science community is trying to cover up. It is common knowledge as well as scientifically verified. I don't know why Winston is trying to paint himself as the Christopher Columbus of psychology with this big taboo subject that no one knows about. It just seems like yet another cultish strawman argument to evangelicalize himself

https://www.nbcnews.com/better/wellness ... ad-n759631
https://psychcentral.com/blog/how-trave ... al-health/
https://www.lifehack.org/338212/science ... well-being
https://www.elitedaily.com/p/why-travel ... ce-9269293
onethousandknives
Junior Poster

Darrell_Johnston wrote:
September 9th, 2018, 8:54 am
Travel being good for emotional health is not a big secret that the science community is trying to cover up. It is common knowledge as well as scientifically verified. I don't know why Winston is trying to paint himself as the Christopher Columbus of psychology with this big taboo subject that no one knows about. It just seems like yet another cultish strawman argument to evangelicalize himself

https://www.nbcnews.com/better/wellness ... ad-n759631
https://psychcentral.com/blog/how-trave ... al-health/
https://www.lifehack.org/338212/science ... well-being
https://www.elitedaily.com/p/why-travel ... ce-9269293
Winston was one of the first to advocate long term relocation abroad though, as psychologically helpful. Not just a week trip to Paris, and he advocated parts relatively unflung at the time, and choosing whatever country you wanted, not just stereotypical Paris/Rome/Mexico/etc. I personally remember reading Winston in 2007, though maybe it was 2008, no archive.org to confirm it. (Winston, can you pull the picture of a Russian girl vs an American girl with the American girl saying "I'm a psychotic bitch from hell!!!" and the Russian girl saying "sure, let's have coffee!" I liked that picture back in the day...)

Obviously nothing in life is a silver bullet for nirvana happiness or whatever, everything you do is a small incremental step one way or the other. Cleaning your bedroom or car out can make you happier, you're changing and altering your environment in that small way there. As humans we basically always try to seek to change our environments in subtle ways to make us happier. It's why we paint our houses instead of leaving grey sheets of drywall/plasterboard up, etc. Obviously going abroad is a big way to do it. Like lots of things you think will make you super mega happy, sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. People buy big screen TVs and BMWs to make themselves happy, maybe they're misguided/idiots, but that's essentially what the whole consumerist culture revolves around, buying things to change your environment to make yourself happier. So, why then is someone an idiot for attempting to just move or relocate to a different environment in hopes he will be more happy? Why not say, go to a home theater forum or BMW forum and call them idiots who should spend more time meditating or something, as they'll never be truly happy until they find self acceptance/self improvement/whatever? As well with our environment changes, a lot of why we do it subconsciously is because of mating as well, not really different than HA. A good number of people buying a BMW and making a mega home theater and nice house to invite girls over is doing it to change his environment to make the environment more likely to make girls want to have sex or romantic relationships with him. As Dave Chapelle said "If a man could f**k inside of a cardboard box, he'd never buy a house." I do agree that going abroad isn't necessarily a panacea, and sometimes even brings issues (like the BMW and repair bills...) but I dunno man, let people dream and do what they want, is more my point.
Darrell_Johnston
Freshman Poster

onethousandknives wrote:
September 10th, 2018, 1:56 am

Winston was one of the first to advocate long term relocation abroad though, as psychologically helpful. Not just a week trip to Paris, and he advocated parts relatively unflung at the time, and choosing whatever country you wanted, not just stereotypical Paris/Rome/Mexico/etc.
You really think no one ever thought of this before winston?
Obviously nothing in life is a silver bullet for nirvana happiness or whatever, everything you do is a small incremental step one way or the other. Cleaning your bedroom or car out can make you happier, you're changing and altering your environment in that small way there.
Wow, someone agrees with me :) Hope you can explain that to a few people here who have done nothing but hate on me for suggesting this.
As humans we basically always try to seek to change our environments in subtle ways to make us happier. It's why we paint our houses instead of leaving grey sheets of drywall/plasterboard up, etc. Obviously going abroad is a big way to do it.
Agreement again. But Winston paints travel as the only path to happiness.

Like lots of things you think will make you super mega happy, sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. People buy big screen TVs and BMWs to make themselves happy, maybe they're misguided/idiots, but that's essentially what the whole consumerist culture revolves around, buying things to change your environment to make yourself happier.
So, why then is someone an idiot for attempting to just move or relocate to a different environment in hopes he will be more happy?
They are not idiots.....who said that?.

Why not say, go to a home theater forum or BMW forum and call them idiots who should spend more time meditating or something, as they'll never be truly happy until they find self acceptance/self improvement/whatever?
I wouldnt call someone an idiot for buying a BMW. But if they were buying it to attract women....I would suggest its not the wisest path because if all you have going for you is a BMW and nothing else.... it will most likely attract the wrong woman.
As well with our environment changes, a lot of why we do it subconsciously is because of mating as well, not really different than HA. A good number of people buying a BMW and making a mega home theater and nice house to invite girls over is doing it to change his environment to make the environment more likely to make girls want to have sex or romantic relationships with him.
Thats called nest building, important for men who want to settle down. But if its just about getting laid..... I never had any of that shit when I got laid all my life, so I would disagree with someone if they told me they couldnt get laid without it.

I do agree that going abroad isn't necessarily a panacea, and sometimes even brings issues (like the BMW and repair bills...) but I dunno man, let people dream and do what they want, is more my point.
I have never tried to stop anyone from going abroad....do you think I have?
onethousandknives
Junior Poster

Darrell, you're from Ireland, correct? Not USA? If so, I'm well aware of issues in Ireland, especially economic ones, but I'd say you're not thinking quite apples to apples regarding US. Our murder rate is 5x higher than yours, for example. Our drug use rate is significantly higher as well. Our divorce rate is 5x higher than Ireland. Life expectancy is lower in USA compared to Ireland, and infant mortality is higher. There's a lot of concrete logical reasons to leave USA besides being bored and not getting laid.
Darrell_Johnston
Freshman Poster

onethousandknives wrote:
September 11th, 2018, 1:14 am
Darrell, you're from Ireland, correct? Not USA? If so, I'm well aware of issues in Ireland, especially economic ones, but I'd say you're not thinking quite apples to apples regarding US. Our murder rate is 5x higher than yours, for example. Our drug use rate is significantly higher as well. Our divorce rate is 5x higher than Ireland. Life expectancy is lower in USA compared to Ireland, and infant mortality is higher. There's a lot of concrete logical reasons to leave USA besides being bored and not getting laid.
I'm from Northern Ireland, its a separate state to the Republic of Ireland with its own politics. Maybe you know about it?.

I'm not sure why this needs to be a competition of who has the worst country though.

As for logical reasons to leave USA besides being bored and not getting laid......fair enough, never negated that.
onethousandknives
Junior Poster

Darrell_Johnston wrote:
September 11th, 2018, 2:59 am
onethousandknives wrote:
I'm from Northern Ireland, its a separate state to the Republic of Ireland with its own politics. Maybe you know about it?.

I'm not sure why this needs to be a competition of who has the worst country though.

As for logical reasons to leave USA besides being bored and not getting laid......fair enough, never negated that.
I'm familiar with Northern Ireland, but have no friends there, so don't know any "on the ground" stories of conditions there. My one friend in Ireland (Republic) overall didn't like his time working in UK for a large variety of reasons, though. Statistically things seem to be close to the Republic in Northern Ireland, though.

I'm saying that your perspective may be clouded. You don't know entirely the conditions in USA, but you give advice and to some extent talk down to people on here based on your own, likely better, conditions, assuming others have near the same. It's like my neighbor with a BMW telling me to buy a new fridge instead of repairing mine because "Aren't you supposed to get new appliances every 5 years anyway?" It is a perspective from a totally different world and mindset with no relevance to my own current situation. Oddly enough, with self improvement, self help, etc, people I know that traveled to Africa said those types of books are actually extremely popular there. But no amount of positive thinking will fix if you have dirty water and no sewage treatment, for example. So your only choice is either live with the problem (or die because of the problem) fix or find a way around the problem, or go to a place without that problem. Obviously that's a bit hyperbolic/extreme of an example, but to take USA and marriage, a topic often discussed on here. You live in a place with 5x lower of a divorce rate than USA. So you give advice of essentially "Hey, don't worry bro, you'll be fine." Because based on your environment, you are 5x more likely to be fine. This sentiment is fine where you are for you, but not for USA in particular, and quite a lot of other countries.

So, going to mental health then. If your mental health and ability to form relationships and trust is in part poor because you had an unstable home situation growing up because of divorce in your own family, and you live in a place with one of the highest divorce rates on the planet, I don't see how it's illogical to want to move to a place with a lower divorce rate to improve your mental health. It's not anymore illogical than not living in a polluted city if you have asthma. You could take medicines and allergy shots and do all kinds of stuff to compensate, but if you have the option to leave the environment, that is the most healthy thing to do. This is obvious.
Darrell_Johnston
Freshman Poster

onethousandknives wrote:
September 11th, 2018, 4:11 am
Darrell_Johnston wrote:
September 11th, 2018, 2:59 am
onethousandknives wrote:

I'm familiar with Northern Ireland, but have no friends there, so don't know any "on the ground" stories of conditions there. My one friend in Ireland (Republic) overall didn't like his time working in UK for a large variety of reasons, though. Statistically things seem to be close to the Republic in Northern Ireland, though.

I'm saying that your perspective may be clouded. You don't know entirely the conditions in USA, but you give advice and to some extent talk down to people on here based on your own, likely better, conditions, assuming others have near the same. It's like my neighbor with a BMW telling me to buy a new fridge instead of repairing mine because "Aren't you supposed to get new appliances every 5 years anyway?" It is a perspective from a totally different world and mindset with no relevance to my own current situation. Oddly enough, with self improvement, self help, etc, people I know that traveled to Africa said those types of books are actually extremely popular there. But no amount of positive thinking will fix if you have dirty water and no sewage treatment, for example. So your only choice is either live with the problem (or die because of the problem) fix or find a way around the problem, or go to a place without that problem. Obviously that's a bit hyperbolic/extreme of an example, but to take USA and marriage, a topic often discussed on here. You live in a place with 5x lower of a divorce rate than USA. So you give advice of essentially "Hey, don't worry bro, you'll be fine." Because based on your environment, you are 5x more likely to be fine. This sentiment is fine where you are for you, but not for USA in particular, and quite a lot of other countries.

So, going to mental health then. If your mental health and ability to form relationships and trust is in part poor because you had an unstable home situation growing up because of divorce in your own family, and you live in a place with one of the highest divorce rates on the planet, I don't see how it's illogical to want to move to a place with a lower divorce rate to improve your mental health. It's not anymore illogical than not living in a polluted city if you have asthma. You could take medicines and allergy shots and do all kinds of stuff to compensate, but if you have the option to leave the environment, that is the most healthy thing to do. This is obvious.
Ok, but why do you think that I am against that?.