Best and worst airlines you've flown on

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Slick
Freshman Poster

Best and worst airlines you've flown on

Post by Slick »

What are some of the best and worst airlines you've flown on? (can be based in or outside of the U.S.)

I like Delta, and not too impressed with American (too many delays/cancellations, customer service not great, flights kind of bumpy)
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Best and worst airlines you've flown on

Post by zboy1 »

Best: Asiana, Singapore and basically any Asian airline. I've heard Middle Eastern carriers are good too (although I've never flown with any of them).

Worst: All the American airlines, lol. (I don't think I need to explain further, haha.) Air India was terrible, too. The staff were constantly yelling at the other Indian passengers, and the service was poor.
Zambales
Experienced Poster

Post by Zambales »

Worst in my experience was Saudi Airlines.
Zambales
Experienced Poster

Post by Zambales »

Worst in my experience was Saudi Airlines.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

Best: Emirates Airlines
Honorable Mentions: Turkish Air because they fly everywhere and never have crowded flights, and Azerbaijan Air for very cheap business class.

Worst:
American with their old, ugly flight attendants.
Spirit Air (aka ghetto air) there is a reason it is so cheap because you get what you pay for.
Last edited by Contrarian Expatriate on June 27th, 2018, 8:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
snede
Freshman Poster

Post by snede »

Worst: Ukraine International Air (UIA) between JFK and KBP (Kiev). Old, tightly packed 767. Rude flight attendants, terrible food. Just say no.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

I like Air France to cross the Atlantic, because it's so relaxed. You can hang out in common areas and BS with the flight attendants and whomever else happens along. The flight attendants have kind of an upbeat 'we're France, we're cool' vibe to them. Also an amusing safety instructions video featuring good looking babes.

The worst: American, for the reason CE stated -- hideous beasts. I had an absolutely nightmarish experience crossing the Atlantic with a budget carrier, Norwegian Air, which caused me to spend a night in LAX Airport. I've read online of an even worse experience with another budget carrier, WOW Airlines, from Iceland. The Scandanavian efficiency you expect sometimes doesn't materialize, and these aren't isolated episodes.
snede
Freshman Poster

Post by snede »

I've done one round trip with Turkish Airlines. Food was good. Entertainment center varied between okay and pretty good, whis is way better than most airlines. The agents at the airports were from adequate to not speaking English at all. I really need to figure out how to reserve an aisle seat well in advance.

The route I flew was JFK->IST, IST->KHE and return. Connecting to JFK was JetBlue, which has always had very nice flight attendants.
Slick
Freshman Poster

Post by Slick »

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:
June 27th, 2018, 5:18 am

Worst:
American with their old, ugly flight attendants.
Spirit Air (aka ghetto air) there is a reason it is so cheap because you get what you pay for.
I notice how Airlines based in the U.S. have unattractive female flight attendants.

Is it just the U.S. that has unattractive flight attendant's (FA's), and do airlines from Europe and Asia usually have hotter FA's?
MattHanson1990
Junior Poster

Post by MattHanson1990 »

Best: Volaris - they have drop-dead gorgeous flight attendants, state-of-the-art Airbus A320 fleet (operates the A319, A320, and A321), you can reserve your seat when making your reservation online
VivaAerobus - they also have good looking female flight attendants though not nearly the eye candy level like on Volaris, since 2016 they've been operating an all Airbus A320 fleet, previously they flew older Boeing 737s (Classic), little to no delays, point-to-point system, you can reserve a seat while booking just like on Volaris
Teh Amasin Spoderman
Freshman Poster

Post by Teh Amasin Spoderman »

Best: Korean Air (attractive flight attendants, good entertainment selection, free good meals even on Economy)

Worst: United (flight attendants were way past their prime, snacks were overpriced)
MattHanson1990
Junior Poster

Post by MattHanson1990 »

Teh Amasin Spoderman wrote:
June 28th, 2018, 11:03 am
Best: Korean Air (attractive flight attendants, good entertainment selection, free good meals even on Economy)

Worst: United (flight attendants were way past their prime, snacks were overpriced)
The last time I flew in the U.S. was in 2014, when I flew with Southwest Airlines, and yes the flight attendants were past their prime (this can be said of any airline in the USA). However, you get complimentary snacks on board.
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

Worse:
- Ghetto Air bka Spirit Air (I hope they don't go outside of the Americas ever)(I got kicked out of the emergency roomy seating by a Black uncle tom male flight attendant - knees banged up from the tight seats - I'm 6'3")
- AA (the irony of the acronym) (they charge for GMO snacks at exuberant-exorbitant prices)(the attendants hardly wear skirts or dresses)
- All airline companies based out of the U.S. of Gay (United seemingly is the best one because I never gotten harassed, not even to sit erect for flight descension.)(They are frugal and meek when it comes distribution of inclusive passenger food)

Best:
- CoPa Airlines (I was literally eating every other hour on a 8 hour flight - All hot meals except for the last meal i.e. snacks right before the descending into JFK)
- Avianca (I took 2 flights and hit on a flight attendant on each one and got her number (two different female ones))
- Cebu Air (all wore skirts, svelte, and at least were 6s, feed me for free ever hour on the hour although they were snacks)
- Vietnam Air ( same as above)
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Thai Airways was great, and hopefully the second leg of my return home will be good as well. The only downside was the lack of good stuff on the in flight entertainment system.

If you get a chance the Airbus A350 is a lovely plane, lots of toilets on economy and even USB chargers on the seats.

Air India was pretty bad but only because my seat was broken and they wouldn't let me move. In their favour the food was really good (of course it was Indian inspired).
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
traveller
Junior Poster

Post by traveller »

The best, and my favorite, airline to fly is Southwest. The worst airline I ever flew is Delta. Very aged old airline, needs new planes, prone to delays, cancellations, and I am sure also lost baggage. United is not very good either; also prone to delays and needs new planes.