Can I easily live abroad?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
The_Penguin
Freshman Poster

Can I easily live abroad?

Post by The_Penguin »

I'm staying with relatives temporarily but I'll be heading back to liberal Boston in a few months. What non-feminist nations and nations with women that appreciate men, can I live on the following amounts monthly? Mainly Europe but also include Asia and South America.
$500 passive income and $1,000 passive income

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Can I easily live abroad?

Post by Cornfed »

The_Penguin wrote:
January 2nd, 2018, 12:01 am
I'm staying with relatives temporarily but I'll be heading back to liberal Boston in a few months. What non-feminist nations and nations with women that appreciate men, can I live on the following amounts monthly? Mainly Europe but also include Asia and South America.
I would say $2k per month is the new normal in most places. You have to figure that the income gap between the West and the rest of the world has narrowed, many goods are internationally traded, you need things like dentistry, imported electronic goods, health insurance, Western comfort foods, air travel and so on. Of course many locals live on less, but that doesn’t mean you can.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

You can live on that in SE Asia easily. Like in Philippines or Thailand, as long as you don't live in the big cities. Latin America may be possible too. So would small town Russia or small town Eastern Europe. China may be doable too as long as you live in a small city with basic apartment or room. Even Mexico is doable too. But you'd have to compromise and live minimally.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
The_Penguin
Freshman Poster

Post by The_Penguin »

Cornfed wrote:
January 2nd, 2018, 12:10 am
The_Penguin wrote:
I would say $2k per month is the new normal in most places. You have to figure that the income gap between the West and the rest of the world has narrowed, many goods are internationally traded, you need things like dentistry, imported electronic goods, health insurance, Western comfort foods, air travel and so on. Of course many locals live on less, but that doesn’t mean you can.
Why? Are people considered foreigners charged more?
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

The_Penguin wrote:
January 2nd, 2018, 12:18 am
Cornfed wrote:
January 2nd, 2018, 12:10 am
The_Penguin wrote:
Why? Are people considered foreigners charged more?
In the third world, foreigners are not charged more in malls, supermarkets, grocery stores, etc. But they get ripped off when locals have a chance to. For example, taxi drivers may ask you for extra fees, hospitals may add unknown items to your bill to get more money off you that are not part of its official policy, and landlords may charge you higher rent.

Restaurants and videoke bars in the Philippines also add extra charges sometimes that are purely made up, if you're a foreigner for no reason. You can ask them to remove the extra charges of course, and they will, but you have to go through the trouble of complaining about it, which they hope you won't do.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Winston wrote:
January 2nd, 2018, 12:17 am
You can live on that in SE Asia easily. Like in Philippines or Thailand....
Not really in Thailand -
yes, as a tourist with a 30 day stamp in your passport, but to qualify for long-stay you need a little bit more than USD 500,- or USD 1000,-.

In Thailand for long-stay you have basically 2 options:

1 - Make a deposit in a Thai bank of baht 800.000,- (about USD 25.000,-)
2 - Show up with a proven income from abroad of at least baht 65.000,- monthly, about USD 2000,-

otherwise expect to run into problems when you apply for a visa.
If you consider any legal work permit, expect a major paperwork and it will also cost you some money.

Keep in mind, medical fees can be considerably high as you have to pay everything out of your own wallet.
Cornfed:
Cornfed is correct, the amount he mentioned is very reasonable - USD 2.000,-.
I cannot comment about every Asian country, but what he writes is true at least here in Japan, South Korea and also in Thailand.

-----

Visa formalities are much easier for Philippines. If you rent any cheap room you can survive with USD 1000,- or even USD 500,-, but your life is not really comfortable, or at least what I consider as comfortable.
USD 500,- is only about PHP 25.000,- and about php 800,- per day - this is a very basic life for a foreigner paying for a room and food and some basic utilities. Not my way of life for sure.
The_Penguin
Freshman Poster

Post by The_Penguin »

I guess $2,000 is what I should be aiming to reach before I permanently move abroad. I'm not sure how long I would have that passive income beyond a few years but I would also have inheritance. I have no idea what I should do with the inheritance to turn it into a permanent passive income but the main thing is no connection to America.