Does anyone really think English is the devil's language?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Mercury
Junior Poster

Does anyone really think English is the devil's language?

Post by Mercury »

It really seems a huge coincidence that people in America, Australia, the UK, and such speak English, and yet reportedly those countries are social deserts. Described literally as having toxic, soulless, and socially disconnected cultures. I am wondering if this coincidence actually means the English language, in and of itself, is Satan's language and anyone who speaks English is automatically a child of the devil.
kangarunner
Experienced Poster

Re: Does anyone really think English is the devil's language?

Post by kangarunner »

Mercury wrote:
November 5th, 2017, 10:56 am
It really seems a huge coincidence that people in America, Australia, the UK, and such speak English, and yet reportedly those countries are social deserts. Described literally as having toxic, soulless, and socially disconnected cultures. I am wondering if this coincidence actually means the English language, in and of itself, is Satan's language and anyone who speaks English is automatically a child of the devil.
Yes, I was just thinking about this. What is the one common thing about the "Anglo" countries. I'm talking about the countries that its residents complain about the most. United States. Canada. UK. And a few Australians but they're much different than the other 3. And why do so many people from these Anglo countries want to GET THE HELL OUT. Well what does "Anglo" mean? White people and the English language.

I haven't looked into the history of the English language but I can guess that it was originally created by white people and they were probably in a very cold environment with cold weather. White people are just cold and aloof to each other in general. White people are not communal and tribal like blacks are, or latin people are, or SE Asians are. White people are cold as f**k. Just look at the difference between a black church and a white church. Black people in church sing and smile and hug each other. Black people going to Sunday church make white people going to church look like they're at a funeral.

I think the English language has a mind controlling aspect to it. It's not a tribal language that brings the people who speak it together. It's a cold language that creates "distance" and "separation" from others. It's not a feel good language. It's a language intended for those who have power to control those who don't have power. Hierarchy. Dominance. Control.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FNHSiPFtvA

Big booty hunter. I'm out hunting for the booty.
kangarunner
Experienced Poster

Post by kangarunner »

Here's another thing. You only see PUA (pick up artist) selling their scams and is only popular in English speaking countries. What non-English speaking country do you see PUA selling their scams? None.....None at all.

Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

I had the feeling that English is a creole, which makes it adaptable, extensible and good for commerce. It might make it bad for some other purposes.
Lucas88
Experienced Poster

Post by Lucas88 »

kangarunner wrote:
December 10th, 2022, 3:19 pm
Yes, I was just thinking about this. What is the one common thing about the "Anglo" countries. I'm talking about the countries that its residents complain about the most. United States. Canada. UK. And a few Australians but they're much different than the other 3. And why do so many people from these Anglo countries want to GET THE HELL OUT. Well what does "Anglo" mean? White people and the English language.

I haven't looked into the history of the English language but I can guess that it was originally created by white people and they were probably in a very cold environment with cold weather. White people are just cold and aloof to each other in general. White people are not communal and tribal like blacks are, or latin people are, or SE Asians are. White people are cold as f**k. Just look at the difference between a black church and a white church. Black people in church sing and smile and hug each other. Black people going to Sunday church make white people going to church look like they're at a funeral.

I think the English language has a mind controlling aspect to it. It's not a tribal language that brings the people who speak it together. It's a cold language that creates "distance" and "separation" from others. It's not a feel good language. It's a language intended for those who have power to control those who don't have power. Hierarchy. Dominance. Control.
I've also mentioned in several other threads how I believe that English is a low-vibrational language which reduces the energetic frequency of those who speak it and promotes lower emotions such as anger, hatred, coldness, and antisociality. I theorize that this effect is achieved through the language's ugly, unnatural and quite frankly bizarre phonology (compare English phonology to that of many other languages and you'll see that it really is bizarre).

English is my native language and so I'm stuck with it. I have valued family members and friends who are monolingual Anglophones. But I am also fortunate enough to be fluent in Spanish which I learned as a second language from the age of 17 and continue to use regularly with my Latin American friends. All I can say is that I overwhelmingly prefer Spanish and indeed feel much more joyous and uplifted whenever I speak it. English on the other hand makes me feel more melancholic and causes my negative emotions to surface. I love to watch movies and listen to music in Spanish. I enjoy reading in Spanish too. Whenever I'm in Spanish or Latin America, I speak nothing but Spanish. I can go for months without speaking English and feel much happier because of it. If I didn't have a handful of Anglophone family members and friends who I value, I wouldn't speak English at all.

I especially despise the way British people speak (I'm from the UK, by the way). It's as though the language were engineered to be optimally ugly. When British people speak, the phonemes of the language themselves sound so harsh and unpleasant and at the same time the intonation sounds so dull and soulless and produces a depressing effect on my mood. I try to avoid British people as much as possible because their speech grates my ears and disgusts me so much. I don't even like the way I speak English, although my own accent is somewhat more folksy since I come from a land of complete peasants in Yorkshire. I prefer to speak English as little as possible. Spanish is the language in which I feel the most comfortable. I also hate it when some faggot L2 English speaker tries to get me to speak English with them because somebody revealed my "native status". No, I won't speak English with them; I insist on speaking Spanish and don't even consider myself "British". I actually have contempt for most British people and regard them as an inferior barbarian branch of the European race. I consider myself spiritually a Mediterranean.

I also believe that English is an inferior language due to its lack of real verb conjugation. English morphology is extremely simplified and impoverished. The language lacks grammatical gender, complex personal conjugations, a real subjunctive mood, etc. It's as though it were a language made for dumb people.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

The English verb to do has only five conjugated forms (the image above misses out does :oops: ) while the equivalent Spanish verb hacer or any other verb in the language has literally dozens of conjugated forms!

I've often wondered if the morphological simplicity of the English language is among the reasons why so many Anglos sound somewhat dumb and are so poor at expressing themselves. In my experience Anglos are among the laziest when it comes to communication.

English is an ugly trainwreck of a language which happens to be popular and useful. I feel much more love and admiration for Spanish and other Romance languages like Italian and Portuguese.

Quienes odien español que se vayan a tomar por culo!!! :mrgreen:

There are some languages that are even uglier and more soulless than English though. Just look at German, incidentally the language of another cold and miserable weird-ass country. I hate Germanic languages in general and much prefer the more passionate and melodious languages of Southern Europe.
kangarunner
Experienced Poster

Post by kangarunner »

Lucas88 wrote:
December 10th, 2022, 4:54 pm
I've also mentioned in several other threads how I believe that English is a low-vibrational language which reduces the energetic frequency of those who speak it and promotes lower emotions such as anger, hatred, coldness, and antisociality. I theorize that this effect is achieved through the language's ugly, unnatural and quite frankly bizarre phonology (compare English phonology to that of many other languages and you'll see that it really is bizarre).

English is my native language and so I'm stuck with it. I have valued family members and friends who are monolingual Anglophones. But I am also fortunate enough to be fluent in Spanish which I learned as a second language from the age of 17 and continue to use regularly with my Latin American friends. All I can say is that I overwhelmingly prefer Spanish and indeed feel much more joyous and uplifted whenever I speak it. English on the other hand makes me feel more melancholic and causes my negative emotions to surface. I love to watch movies and listen to music in Spanish. I enjoy reading in Spanish too. Whenever I'm in Spanish or Latin America, I speak nothing but Spanish. I can go for months without speaking English and feel much happier because of it. If I didn't have a handful of Anglophone family members and friends who I value, I wouldn't speak English at all.

I especially despise the way British people speak (I'm from the UK, by the way). It's as though the language were engineered to be optimally ugly. When British people speak, the phonemes of the language themselves sound so harsh and unpleasant and at the same time the intonation sounds so dull and soulless and produces a depressing effect on my mood. I try to avoid British people as much as possible because their speech grates my ears and disgusts me so much. I don't even like the way I speak English, although my own accent is somewhat more folksy since I come from a land of complete peasants in Yorkshire. I prefer to speak English as little as possible. Spanish is the language in which I feel the most comfortable. I also hate it when some faggot L2 English speaker tries to get me to speak English with them because somebody revealed my "native status". No, I won't speak English with them; I insist on speaking Spanish and don't even consider myself "British". I actually have contempt for most British people and regard them as an inferior barbarian branch of the European race. I consider myself spiritually a Mediterranean.

I also believe that English is an inferior language due to its lack of real verb conjugation. English morphology is extremely simplified and impoverished. The language lacks grammatical gender, complex personal conjugations, a real subjunctive mood, etc. It's as though it were a language made for dumb people.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

The English verb to do has only five conjugated forms (the image above misses out does :oops: ) while the equivalent Spanish verb hacer or any other verb in the language has literally dozens of conjugated forms!

I've often wondered if the morphological simplicity of the English language is among the reasons why so many Anglos sound somewhat dumb and are so poor at expressing themselves. In my experience Anglos are among the laziest when it comes to communication.

English is an ugly trainwreck of a language which happens to be popular and useful. I feel much more love and admiration for Spanish and other Romance languages like Italian and Portuguese.

Quienes odien español que se vayan a tomar por culo!!! :mrgreen:

There are some languages that are even uglier and more soulless than English though. Just look at German, incidentally the language of another cold and miserable weird-ass country. I hate Germanic languages in general and much prefer the more passionate and melodious languages of Southern Europe.
@Lucas88 Very analytical response....you could probably right a book on this. But don't you think it's just the inherent nature of white "Anglo" people and less the language itself?

Lucas88
Experienced Poster

Post by Lucas88 »

kangarunner wrote:
December 10th, 2022, 5:25 pm
@Lucas88 Very analytical response....you could probably right a book on this. But don't you think it's just the inherent nature of white "Anglo" people and less the language itself?
I do indeed. It's not just the qualities of the language that make Anglo people cold and harsh. I observe that Anglos naturally have a cold and robotic psychological constitution and then on top of that a negative culture which promotes unfriendliness, antisociality and a certain cutthroat ruthlessness. The coldness and harshness of their language are more of a reflection of their nature and culture than anything else, even if those linguistic qualities do serve to reinforce certain negative mindsets and behaviors.

I myself am an outlier. I am nothing like a typical Anglo and indeed have very little Anglo-Saxon blood, being predominantly of Celtic stock. I find Anglo culture very alien. I simply don't resonate with the majority of Anglo people, find their language (most varieties of British English) extremely unpleasant, and am therefore forced to avoid them. Conversely, I find Mediterranean and Latin American people much more friendly and congenial and largely lacking the harshness and abrasiveness of the typical British. I also find much more harmony and uplifting musicality in their languages. As a consequence, I feel more comfortable with Mediterranean and Latin American people by orders of magnitude and would much rather be part of that culture linguistically and residentially.

I actually hate having being born in the UK and being a native Anglophone. I don't identify with that culture at all. When I'm in the UK (as I unfortunately am right now), the constant sound of English and having to deal with English people gets me down, but whenever I receive a telephone call from one of my Latin American friends and speak Spanish for an hour or two, I feel so uplifted and full of joy, sometimes even ecstatic, and certainly reconnected to that culture of great passion and energy. I know that I belong in that culture much more. I even start to feel alive, connected to others and enveloped by love. It feels absolutely magical. The difference between Anglo and Mediterranean/Latin culture is literally night and day!
kangarunner
Experienced Poster

Post by kangarunner »

Lucas88 wrote:
December 10th, 2022, 8:49 pm
I do indeed. It's not just the qualities of the language that make Anglo people cold and harsh. I observe that Anglos naturally have a cold and robotic psychological constitution and then on top of that a negative culture which promotes unfriendliness, antisociality and a certain cutthroat ruthlessness. The coldness and harshness of their language are more of a reflection of their nature and culture than anything else, even if those linguistic qualities do serve to reinforce certain negative mindsets and behaviors.

I myself am an outlier. I am nothing like a typical Anglo and indeed have very little Anglo-Saxon blood, being predominantly of Celtic stock. I find Anglo culture very alien. I simply don't resonate with the majority of Anglo people, find their language (most varieties of British English) extremely unpleasant, and am therefore forced to avoid them. Conversely, I find Mediterranean and Latin American people much more friendly and congenial and largely lacking the harshness and abrasiveness of the typical British. I also find much more harmony and uplifting musicality in their languages. As a consequence, I feel more comfortable with Mediterranean and Latin American people by orders of magnitude and would much rather be part of that culture linguistically and residentially.

I actually hate having being born in the UK and being a native Anglophone. I don't identify with that culture at all. When I'm in the UK (as I unfortunately am right now), the constant sound of English and having to deal with English people gets me down, but whenever I receive a telephone call from one of my Latin American friends and speak Spanish for an hour or two, I feel so uplifted and full of joy, sometimes even ecstatic, and certainly reconnected to that culture of great passion and energy. I know that I belong in that culture much more. I even start to feel alive, connected to others and enveloped by love. It feels absolutely magical. The difference between Anglo and Mediterranean/Latin culture is literally night and day!
It may be those cold, distant, aloof qualities of white people which are their intrinsic nature. BUT......I think it's really the societies they construct that are just miserable and lacking soul. They created a firm, fixated power hierarchy that permeates all of society. A hierarchy that firmly puts some people at a dominant advantage and others at a subordinate disadvantage. Most white people are just cruel and psychopathic by nature, but there are some that are not.

kangarunner
Experienced Poster

Post by kangarunner »

Thinking about this more. I think white men in general exist with violent natures but since society suppresses that, they express it in different ways. White women have the same violent thinking however, they express it not by physical means, but through social manipulation.

Outcast9428
Experienced Poster

Post by Outcast9428 »

Not knocking on people who do, but I don’t really understand why a lot of people attach so much significance to languages. I’ve learned a beginners level of knowledge in Italian and Japanese before (although I have forgotten most of both). And to me, a different language just represents a different way to say the same word. It’s like calling a tomato an obstergo instead. It’s very difficult for me to comprehend why people have such strong opinions on different languages. It basically sounds to me like debating whether it’s better to call a tomato an obstergo or a canvulp.

I would imagine the cultural similarities between Anglo people have more to do with genetics and biology then it does with the language we are speaking.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

Mercury wrote:
November 5th, 2017, 10:56 am
That's a non sequitur. The idea that English speakers are automatically children of the Devil does not follow logically from the idea that English speaking countries are social deserts.

In the South, meaning the cultural 'South of the US', which I would think extends from the Southeast maybe over to Texas, it is easy to strike up conversations with strangers. I am not all that familiar with every state, but saying hello to strangers, talk about random subjects in grocery store lines, and then maybe even turning that into a friendship if you have a good conversation... that sort of thing is not uncommon. I haven't encountered the attitude of, "I don't know you. Why are you talking to me?" in these places, not from someone who is from there or lived there a long time. If you call what Southerners speaks "English" I think that runs contrary to your social desert idea. The Philippines, Malaysia, and India are also English-speaking countries. Are these social deserts? They are very different from the Anglosphere.

But I suspect that the Devil knows English and many or all or most other human languages.
Lucas88
Experienced Poster

Post by Lucas88 »

Outcast9428 wrote:
December 11th, 2022, 11:13 am
Not knocking on people who do, but I don’t really understand why a lot of people attach so much significance to languages. I’ve learned a beginners level of knowledge in Italian and Japanese before (although I have forgotten most of both). And to me, a different language just represents a different way to say the same word. It’s like calling a tomato an obstergo instead. It’s very difficult for me to comprehend why people have such strong opinions on different languages. It basically sounds to me like debating whether it’s better to call a tomato an obstergo or a canvulp.

I would imagine the cultural similarities between Anglo people have more to do with genetics and biology then it does with the language we are speaking.
There are various possible reasons why some people have strong preferences for certain languages. Indeed, it's not too uncommon among people who are multilingual or have been intimately exposed to multiple languages.

The first and most obvious reason is aesthetics. Some people find certain phonological qualities pleasant and others unpleasant - sometimes to an extreme degree in either one of these directions. If you find a language supremely beautiful, then naturally you want to hear it and speak it as much as possible because it gives you pleasure. You might even strongly prefer it over other languages. But what if you find the phonemes, intonation patterns and prosody of a language extremely unpleasant? What if they irritate you or produce a melancholic effect? Then naturally you'll dislike that language and, in extreme cases, prefer to avoid it. In this regard the situation is not too dissimilar to musical genres. Every musical genre has its own characteristic qualities which consist of unique arrangements of sounds. You might love some musical genres and utterly detest certain others for aesthetic reasons. Our preferences for languages are really just the same.

The second and much less obvious reason is occult vibrations. All sound is vibration and all different tones, pitches, etc. vibrate at their own unique frequency. Those unique vibrational frequencies interact with our consciousness and influence our mood in different ways. That's why some music can be uplifting while other music can be depressing or produce a distorted or psychotic effect. Since the phonemes and phonological qualities of a language are likewise sound vibrations which interact with our consciousness, individual languages can have certain effects on our mood. Everybody's own vibrational constitution is unique. We therefore find some languages more compatible with our own unique vibrational constitution and others incompatible. It is all to do with resonance.

A third and more mundane reason is cultural identity. Language is inextricably connected to culture. We are connected to a certain culture by the language that we speak, either as native speakers or fully integrated L2 speakers. You might therefore strongly prefer a language due to cultural identification and at the same time find certain other languages extremely alien. Anecdotally, I feel this way towards German. I learned some of the basics (German is a language which is commonly taught in school) but I couldn't ever see myself conversing in German over a nice cup of coffee and enjoying the conversation. I'd feel as though I just don't belong. I only see myself joyfully conversing in Spanish because Hispanic culture is one in which I truly feel at home. I'd feel out of place speaking most other languages because I simply don't have any identification with their corresponding cultures.

The notion that different languages are just different ways to say the same thing is not true. Especially at the higher levels of fluency one can find that one language expresses certain subtle semantic nuances better than another one does. I find this all the time with Spanish. Since Spanish has a much richer set of tenses and verbal moods than English, it is possible to explicitly express various nuances which are not explicitly expressed in English and so there is rarely ever any ambiguity. Spanish morphology is more complex and therefore harder to master but at the same time more precise. Also languages don't have the same level of derivational plasticity. With some languages it is easier to create new vocabulary or express greater nuance through affixes than it is with others. Some languages are simply more creative than others. Spanish for example has a rich selection of affective suffixes which can be used productively. English on the other hand hardly has any.

In light of this point, some people might prefer the way in which one language does things but at the same time dislike the internal workings of another language. I myself overwhelmingly prefer Spanish grammar and morphology to those of English. My Mexican ex-girlfriend also hated English and thought that the grammar was weak and unimpressive.

Finally, some people might prefer a certain language over others because that language suits their own phonological style better and less weaknesses or handicaps present themselves. I myself pronounce English quite poorly and suffer from a certain level of dysprosody with irregularities concerning pitch, intonation, etc. I believe that this is due to autism since autism is a neurological disorder which in some people can impair language processing and production. I've noticed that I am less affected by dysprosody whenever I speak Spanish. I feel that my rhythm of speech and intonation are more normal. I attribute this difference to the language's purer and smoother phonology. This for me is another reason why I prefer Spanish. My own speech impairments are less noticeable in that language and I don't feel as awkward when speaking.

So yes, for some people choice of language is quite important.
Outcast9428
Experienced Poster

Post by Outcast9428 »

@Lucas88 Its interesting how autism can cause a person to either seek out an extremely reserved society like Japan or an extremely expressive one like Latin America. Japanese language does tend to be pretty straightforward with the words. Not really having conjugations. If it wasn’t for the writing system I’d say Japanese is one of the most simple languages in the world. I can understand the words and pronounce them pretty easily even compared to Romance languages.

Autism is related to a need for exact precision though which is why we either want a lot of complexity or a lot of simplicity but rarely something that is in the middle. I imagine the Romance languages being very tough for a Japanese person to understand, even compared to English.
Lucas88
Experienced Poster

Post by Lucas88 »

Outcast9428 wrote:
December 11th, 2022, 2:29 pm
@Lucas88 Its interesting how autism can cause a person to either seek out an extremely reserved society like Japan or an extremely expressive one like Latin America. Japanese language does tend to be pretty straightforward with the words. Not really having conjugations. If it wasn’t for the writing system I’d say Japanese is one of the most simple languages in the world. I can understand the words and pronounce them pretty easily even compared to Romance languages.

Autism is related to a need for exact precision though which is why we either want a lot of complexity or a lot of simplicity but rarely something that is in the middle. I imagine the Romance languages being very tough for a Japanese person to understand, even compared to English.
An old tutor of mine once mentioned that a disproportionate number of autistic people gravitate towards Japan. She asked me why that could be. After pausing for a moment to reflect upon the question, I explained to her that Japan is an ideal place for those who enjoy solitude since the people generally mind their own business and leave others alone. Nobody will approach you and try to force you to socialize since that would be considered impolite. You'll just be like a ghost to most people. Whenever you go out, there's little chance that you'll end up being overwhelmed by unwanted social approaches. That might make the country more suitable for autistic people more on the shy or reserved side.

But what about Japan's complex social etiquette? Couldn't that be a problem for autistic people? Yes, it certainly could, but as a White foreigner you won't be held to the same level of expectations as a Japanese person would. The rules will be somewhat relaxed for you. Deviations from proper etiquette will be attributed to cultural misunderstandings rather than blatant nonconformity. Reasonable people won't be too hard on you.

As for me, I much prefer Mediterranean and Latin cultures, but I think that's more due to my own soul constitution than autism. I'm naturally an expressive, wild and spontaneous person, much more like a Spaniard or an Italian than an Anglo. It's simply that autism has resulted in social impairment which made me somewhat avoidant of social situations. But it was never that I longed for solitude. If my preference for Mediterranean and Latin cultures does indeed have any relation to autism, it will be because people from those expressive cultures usually encourage me to be expressive myself and give me something to work with. Conversely I find nothing more awkward than attempting to interact with a shy or reserved person who is largely taciturn, disengaged and doesn't give me much to work with. Most British people are like that. Many Japanese people are like that too (this is usually because they don't know how to deal with foreigners). But Mediterraneans and Latinos almost always proactively engage in conversation. That makes everything much easier for me.

With regard to Japanese, the grammar is more simple than that of many European languages in some ways since there are no personal conjugations and verb functions such as past tense, negation, passive, causative, desiderative, conditional, etc. are expressed by simple suffixes which are agglutinated to the verb stem in a logical sequence. However, in order to speak Japanese like a native, you need to learn various honorific and humble forms as well as an assortment of sentence-final particles or combinations of particles which express various different nuances. This can make post-intermediate Japanese quite difficult to master. As far as pronunciation goes, the basic phonemes are generally simpler than those of European languages and so it is easy to reach a level of pronunciation that allows you to be understood, but Japanese phonology includes pitch accent and so it might be harder to achieve native-like pronunciation.

I actually have the experience of teaching Spanish to a Japanese woman. She had just come back from a vacation in Costa Rica and was in love with the culture and begged me to teach her the language. I would go to her temple every evening and give her lessons in Spanish. She would often prepare nice cakes for me and we'd often have leisurely chats about philosophy and Buddhism during breaks. Anyway, I tried to teach her the basic verb forms, made all kinds of charts, and came up with example sentences, but in the end the reasons for each of the conjugations were lost on her. No matter how much I explained she couldn't understand why first person ends in -o, second person ends in -as, third person ends in -a, first person plural ends in -amos, etc. Then one day she asked me to teach her past tense conjugations and when I did she was like "this is impossible!". Yes, Romance languages are difficult for Japanese speakers.
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

Funny thing, I feel more at-ease speaking English than I do my own native tongue. That whole "the grass is always greener on the other side" spiel might just as easily apply to languages not your own than it does to women from other cultures. I've never quite understood this, but I love speaking English, writing English. I more or less exclusively speak English with my children, for instance, although they do know about three or four languages fluently.

My personality does not necessarily change when I switch languages. But oddly enough my sense of humor is somewhat more raunchy in my native tongue and perhaps slightly more dialed down in English. I definitely do not think of English as "the devil's tongue", as I enjoy speaking and writing it quite a lot. If that makes me some secret Satanist, so be it. :lol:
On "Faux-Tradionalists" and why they're heading nowhere: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=37&t=29144