America; The only country with antidepressants.

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Mercury
Junior Poster

America; The only country with antidepressants.

Post by Mercury »

The Administrator of this site is certainly correct about one big thing! In America, when you hit rock bottom and are depressed, not only does nobody want anything to do with you, but American society puts you on drugs! Yes, that is correct! Drugs! And those drugs are called antidepressants. And in fact, when someone sees a depressed, lonely person sulking in a corner, they think; "The guy is off his meds!"

How absolutely callous and cruel America has become! Americans expect everyone to live as hermits, and if the person can not handle the hermit life, they put him on drugs! As if mingling between strangers really were a capital felony under Federal law. Really speaks just how toxic and very artificial American culture has become.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: America; The only country with antidepressants.

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

The ironic thing is, Americans tend to think that mental health capabilities are lacking in many countries. But what they do not realize is that many of these countries have other mechanisms to deal with mental issues such as connectedness with close friends and family. I know personally that friendships in Eastern Europe are the means for break out of mental health funks.

Therapy and medication are available, but only for extreme cases.
wingfeather
Freshman Poster

Post by wingfeather »

Huh?

Mercury
Junior Poster

Post by Mercury »

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:The ironic thing is, Americans tend to think that mental health capabilities are lacking in many countries. But what they do not realize is that many of these countries have other mechanisms to deal with mental issues such as connectedness with close friends and family. I know personally that friendships in Eastern Europe are the means for break out of mental health funks.

Therapy and medication are available, but only for extreme cases.
More ironic is that Americans tend to think that mental health cases in all foreign countries are treated with immediate imprisonment and even execution.
GuyAbroad8293
Freshman Poster

Post by GuyAbroad8293 »

It's true. I've been to like 10 different countries and I never saw anyone using SSRI drugs in those countries.

Americans are hopelessly brainwashed that drugs are the answer to all their problems. Sure, fine. Nevermind that these drugs literally cause you to die 15 years earlier than you would have otherwise. SSRIs cut 15 years off your lifespan.

So the good news is, brainwashed americans will die a lot faster.