Going to Bangkok

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Going to Bangkok

Post by MrMan »

My employer is planning on sending me to Bangkok for work for several days. I'll have to look up the neighborhood.

What are some things to do in Bangkok that don't involve sex or drunkenness? I don't know what my per diem is on food, but usually it is good. Can anyone here recommend restaurants and other clean activities to do in the city?

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Kradmelder
Experienced Poster

Re: Going to Bangkok

Post by Kradmelder »

MrMan wrote:My employer is planning on sending me to Bangkok for work for several days. I'll have to look up the neighborhood.

What are some things to do in Bangkok that don't involve sex or drunkenness? I don't know what my per diem is on food, but usually it is good. Can anyone here recommend restaurants and other clean activities to do in the city?
Asking this lot for clean fun? May as well ask a priest for advice on the best whores :lol:

You should like the 18 yo roman cathlic girl kneeling before the Madonna asking you conceieved without sin. Please help me sin without concieving' :lol:

Have you only only ever slept with your wife? Never had sex before getting married? Respects. Your wife must be some special woman. The rest of us have to fornicate to avoid the pitfalls of modern marriage.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

I lived there for 6 months. I am addicted to people watching rather than taking part in stuff so it was an intoxicating place for me to live.

I lived in Ekkamai, there's a whole shopping mall of Japanese themed stores and restaurants just outside the station, and the food there is actually better than it is in Japan. Maybe it's the amazing quality of the local Thai produce and seafood.

The river taxis are good as well, I found them too late into my life there but they are great.

The Arab restaurants around Nana are great - Rock introduced me to one and I became a regular, it was full of powerful expat businessmen who could arrange anything for you.

Other than that I didn't actually leave my apartment much during the day, it was just too hot. But I did enjoy the crazy nightlife and set the record there for going to bed (9am) which I have never equalled.

Ah, who am I kidding? Bangkok is for doing crazy stuff. Go do stupid shit like I did.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
starchild5
Veteran Poster

Post by starchild5 »

Watch Mark Wiens on youtube..He is the goto guy when it comes to things to do in bangkok and best place to eat food.

His website

https://migrationology.com/travel-guide ... -thailand/

Bangkok is a huge huge HUGE city..The entire night life, whores, massage are over blown by western lame stream media..Its really less than 0.5% of entire bangkok...If you don't want ..you don't see it....

I'm amazed by the amount of over hype given to hookers in bangkok where its really miniscule compared to the whole city size.
Jonny Law
Experienced Poster

Post by Jonny Law »

MrMan wrote:My employer is planning on sending me to Bangkok for work for several days. I'll have to look up the neighborhood.

"I don't know what my per diem is on food, but usually it is good. Can anyone here recommend restaurants and other clean activities to do in the city?"

CHANCES ARE YOU WILL GET FOOD POISONING IN THAILAND!
My advice bring Imodium!
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

Jonny Law wrote:

"I don't know what my per diem is on food, but usually it is good. Can anyone here recommend restaurants and other clean activities to do in the city?"

CHANCES ARE YOU WILL GET FOOD POISONING IN THAILAND!
My advice bring Imodium!
You are very correct! The food tastes so awesome and so cheap. However, e. coli among other bacteria have a Charlie Chaplin/Tony Bennett ball on the food due to the heat and humidity out there in Thailand. Buy immodium cheaply while over there.
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

See if you can get to Pattaya for at least a couple of days. That place is better than Bangkok.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

The way the food works is not a per diem cash payment, but I get reimbursed up to a certain amount per day. So I need to have receipts. The per day amount was $90, I think, for the US. I'm not sure what it will be in Bangkok. Probably less, but still generous.

So unless food stalls give receipts, I'll probably not hit the food stalls. My spending will be constrained by the amount of cash I want spend, my desire not to use up too many resources of my employer, and the fact that reimbursements are really slow to make it to my bank account for things like that. Last time it took maybe two or three months. And I have to follow up.

So it will probably be restaurants with receipts. If the hotel has a decent breakfast, that would be a big plus.

I'm not going to have time to visit anywhere else in Thailand. I work and I have a family. It's hard to find time to take my annual leave as it is.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

Kradmelder wrote: Asking this lot for clean fun? May as well ask a priest for advice on the best whores :lol:
There are non-whore-mongers here, too, and some people able to give practical advice on such matters.

Have you only only ever slept with your wife? Never had sex before getting married? Respects. Your wife must be some special woman. The rest of us have to fornicate to avoid the pitfalls of modern marriage.
It's kind of odd to bring that up in reponse to my post, IMO, but a Christian abstaining from fornication is a very normal thing who do not walk in the passion of lust like those who do not know God, for those who do not reject God. This is the one passage I know of that talks about how God takes vengence on believers for a sin.

I Thessalonians 4
3 For this is the will of God, your sanctification: that you should abstain from sexual immorality;
4 that each of you should know how to possess his own vessel in sanctification and honor,
5 not in passion of lust, like the Gentiles who do not know God;
6 that no one should take advantage of and defraud his brother in this matter, because the Lord is the avenger of all such, as we also forewarned you and testified.
7 For God did not call us to uncleanness, but in holiness.
8 Therefore he who rejects this does not reject man, but God, who has also given us His Holy Spirit.
(NKJV)
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Post by chanta76 »

Mr.Man,

I notice you write allot about God. How important is your faith? I always had hard time believing that there is God but I like to think there is one. Sorry if this is derailing the thread.

If your going to Bangkok and like to work out. There are those Thai boxing gyms you can check out.
Jonny Law
Experienced Poster

Post by Jonny Law »

Dear Mr. Man,

You Ask: "What are some things to do in Bangkok that don't involve sex or drunkenness?"
ANSWER!: FUCK NO!!! There is nothing you cannot do anywhere else.
What happend Mr Man did you lose your balls? You should be ashamed. But I understad some lower life forms have no shame.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYvLWHohOlY

Man Card- Don't lose it!
Requirement to be accepted as a respectable member of the male community. Can and should be revoked by other respectable males for doing non-respectable-male things.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

You're much better off reading reports on Tripadvisor.com rather than HappierAbroad. One site is oriented to everyone. The other is geared mainly to a different audience of the Winston Wu type.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

MrMan wrote:The way the food works is not a per diem cash payment, but I get reimbursed up to a certain amount per day. So I need to have receipts. The per day amount was $90, I think, for the US. I'm not sure what it will be in Bangkok. Probably less, but still generous.

So unless food stalls give receipts, I'll probably not hit the food stalls. My spending will be constrained by the amount of cash I want spend, my desire not to use up too many resources of my employer, and the fact that reimbursements are really slow to make it to my bank account for things like that. Last time it took maybe two or three months. And I have to follow up.

So it will probably be restaurants with receipts. If the hotel has a decent breakfast, that would be a big plus.

I'm not going to have time to visit anywhere else in Thailand. I work and I have a family. It's hard to find time to take my annual leave as it is.
What kind of work do you do that takes you all over the world and pays even your food bills? Are you a professor? Have your PhD? And what's the subject? I doubt anyone will hunt you down here.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

Jonny Law wrote:Dear Mr. Man,

You Ask: "What are some things to do in Bangkok that don't involve sex or drunkenness?"
ANSWER!: FUCK NO!!! There is nothing you cannot do anywhere else.
What happend Mr Man did you lose your balls? You should be ashamed. But I understad some lower life forms have no shame.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYvLWHohOlY

Man Card- Don't lose it!
Requirement to be accepted as a respectable member of the male community. Can and should be revoked by other respectable males for doing non-respectable-male things.
Men who take business trips and leave their wives at home and then have sex with prostitutes or free prostitutes they pick up at bars should be ashamed. There is nothing shameful with being a faithful husband.

To be fair, you should share you philosophy about sex and marriage with any girl you get into a relationship with.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

Adama wrote: What kind of work do you do that takes you all over the world and pays even your food bills? Are you a professor? Have your PhD? And what's the subject? I doubt anyone will hunt you down here.
But I would be putting some specific details over the Internet. I was going to tell you a bit about it through a PM, but I can't seem to get it to work. I've shared a lot of details about myself, but I'd rather keep some of my career info out, because if someone who knew me read it, they might easily identify me, and I like the anonymity.