Valuing Women as Fellow Human Beings

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Re: Valuing Women as Fellow Human Beings

Post by HouseMD »

Moretorque wrote:
October 16th, 2018, 5:12 pm
HouseMD wrote:
October 16th, 2018, 5:01 pm
Moretorque wrote:
October 16th, 2018, 4:59 pm
What kind of car did the Doc get for himself ?
Something fast and American
You ought to see the deals on cars here in FL, these old people bought these expensive luxury cars like top of the line Lexus Mercedes, Acura and never drove them and left them garaged as they die. Everybody wants trucks and SUV's so they are giving 10 or 15 year old cars away down here for like nothing. Just got a 50 thousand $ Acura that looks and drives like new for 5 grand.

Even sports cars are going cheap, market flooded with top of the line Corvettes with like less than 10 thosand miles that might be 5 to 10 years old that were 70 to 80 grand selling for 30 thou or so.

Fl is a great place to pick grandma and grandpa's bones..... :D
I tend to favor muscle cars new and old. Japanese cars are fine and well, and a performance luxury car is a great time, but I love feeling 400+ lb/ft of naturally aspirated torque tear my ass forward on the road and I love the rough feel of things spawned in Detroit. They're the kind of cars that make people smile and stare as you drive by, that exhaust note bringing visceral joy as you cruise the streets. The BMWs, Mercedes, and Lexus rides most of my peers ride around in just don't have that joy factor, they don't grab attention or give you that visceral jolt in the slightest after their shiny new feel wears off.
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

MrMan wrote:
October 16th, 2018, 5:22 pm
HouseMD wrote:
October 16th, 2018, 4:12 pm
Nailer wrote:
October 16th, 2018, 4:09 pm
HouseMD wrote:
October 16th, 2018, 4:02 pm
I opted out of the whole having children thing. Not my cup of tea. And I'm hardly seeing any barbarians at the gate. Life is pretty good.
Okay, so an evolutionary dead end is trying to convince us to also commit genetic suicide. Your posts make sense now.
I mean, I'm a prolific sperm donor, so I'm not a genetic dead end. But I'm not raising any children, not my thing.
I wonder if you have any kids being raised by single mothers or pairs of lesbians.

How could a man have a child and not want to know the child or raise him/her. That just seems so unnatural to me.
I don't want to have children at all, so I don't really care. The kinds of people with the means to afford the services of the place I went to are generally quite well off, so I'd imagine any offspring are doing quite well
Nailer
Freshman Poster

Post by Nailer »

HouseMD wrote:
October 16th, 2018, 4:34 pm
It was a compromise I came to with my family because they're as genetics obsessed as you. I told them I was never having a child and got hell for it for years, so it was my solution. Pay isn't bad either, but they expect regular donations for a good amount of time so it's a real pain in the ass.
How do you know your sperm is actually being used to successfully produce offspring?
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

HouseMD wrote:
October 16th, 2018, 5:48 pm
Moretorque wrote:
HouseMD wrote:
October 16th, 2018, 5:01 pm
Moretorque wrote:
October 16th, 2018, 4:59 pm
What kind of car did the Doc get for himself ?
Something fast and American
I tend to favor muscle cars new and old. Japanese cars are fine and well, and a performance luxury car is a great time, but I love feeling 400+ lb/ft of naturally aspirated torque tear my ass forward on the road and I love the rough feel of things spawned in Detroit. They're the kind of cars that make people smile and stare as you drive by, that exhaust note bringing visceral joy as you cruise the streets. The BMWs, Mercedes, and Lexus rides most of my peers ride around in just don't have that joy factor, they don't grab attention or give you that visceral jolt in the slightest after their shiny new feel wears off.
House that is the thing you need to understand about some of these older jap mobiles, the newness does not wear off. I bought another Acura of early to mid 2000 vintage because I realized after driving one for 150 thosand miles everything on it worked as it did when it came off the showroom floor. They don't make cars like this anymore for the most part anywhere.

Then I researched it and realized some of these older top quality Japenese cars were driving over a million miles on the original motor with relatively minor issues considering. There is a Acura RL here locally that has over 500 thou miles on it and dealer says it drives and runs perfest....

The best Japenese stuff is going to be highly sought after in the near future, the American muscle stuff is great but no where near the quality of the best Jap mobiles.

If you want to see a beautiful car when done up right for a later model muscle car look at the CCW C5 on Utube. The hard top C5 generation vette when massaged correctly in the looks department is one of the most beautuiful looking sports cars ever made in the body lines department IMO......
Time to Hide!
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

Cornfed wrote:
October 16th, 2018, 5:30 pm
Moretorque wrote:
You ought to see the deals on cars here in FL, these old people bought these expensive luxury cars like top of the line Lexus Mercedes, Acura and never drove them and left them garaged as they die. Everybody wants trucks and SUV's so they are giving 10 or 15 year old cars away down here for like nothing.
These are not necessarily good deals. It costs a fortune to keep vehicles like that on the road after a certain point, as I know only too well. If you think it is a privilege to own one then fine, but if you just want a car buy a slightly used Honda hatchback or something.
Not the best Japenese stuff that was taken car of and garaged. Yes you can have some issues from age but overall the best ones were made by far way better than anything today from anybodies offerings, like the Lexus's for a good example of yesteryear.
Time to Hide!
Nailer
Freshman Poster

Post by Nailer »

American muscle cars are not sports cars. They just have a big engine with terrible turning.
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

Yaa but they came from a time when you could afford something that got real $hitty gas mileage because everything was so cheap, you know the good old days.

Say a 1969 Stingray covertible with a 427 4 on the floor and a 6 PACK carb to do some stalk'in of the fairer sex..... :mrgreen:
Time to Hide!
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

Nailer wrote:
October 17th, 2018, 12:47 pm
American muscle cars are not sports cars. They just have a big engine with terrible turning.
Muscle cars are specifically not sports cars, they are meant for straight line performance. Modern takes from Detroit have quite different characteristics than classic muscle cars, however. Hop behind the wheel of one of the new Shelby Mustangs with magnaride and tell me it is tuned terribly :roll:

The Camaro and Mustang are no longer muscle cars though, they are pony cars at this point, with the Challenger being the last true muscle car.
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

Moretorque wrote:
October 17th, 2018, 2:36 pm
Yaa but they came from a time when you could afford something that got real $hitty gas mileage because everything was so cheap, you know the good old days.

Say a 1969 Stingray covertible with a 427 4 on the floor and a 6 PACK carb to do some stalk'in of the fairer sex..... :mrgreen:
The Corvette was always considered a true sports car, not a muscle car. It'll grab eyes to this day. Hell, basically any Corvette will even currently. They're a slight upgrade in the "making panties wet" category than my current car, which has pretty solid sex appeal already. For real sex appeal you've got to go Italian though, Ferraris, Lambos, and to a much lesser extent Porsches really grab most women's attention.

I just want the feel of a naturally aspirated V8 though, so my humble Detroit machine is more than enough
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

HouseMD wrote:
I'm a prolific sperm donor, so I'm not a genetic dead end. But I'm not raising any children, not my thing.
I see no reason why to donate sperm - it does not save life like being a blood donor...

Why to support lesbians and otherwise women who refuse to have any contact with men - and there is even gender specific abortion - in case the woman wants a girl and the foetus turns out to be a boy... just away with it...

A major concern are new legal regulations, which make it possible to identify the sperm donor on the request of the child when it is passing the age of majority. In some special cases sperm donors might be subject to pay 'child support' - laws are complicated, are changing all the time and are different everywhere and in case of a lawsuit against the sperm donor be prepared to pay for a very costly attorney, such cases take years to a final ruling.

Sperm Donor = NO!

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/law-endin ... -1.4037508
Law ending sperm donor secrecy helps Australian find her dad
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

Yohan wrote:
October 22nd, 2018, 10:30 am
HouseMD wrote:
I'm a prolific sperm donor, so I'm not a genetic dead end. But I'm not raising any children, not my thing.
I see no reason why to donate sperm - it does not save life like being a blood donor...

Why to support lesbians and otherwise women who refuse to have any contact with men - and there is even gender specific abortion - in case the woman wants a girl and the foetus turns out to be a boy... just away with it...

A major concern are new legal regulations, which make it possible to identify the sperm donor on the request of the child when it is passing the age of majority. In some special cases sperm donors might be subject to pay 'child support' - laws are complicated, are changing all the time and are different everywhere and in case of a lawsuit against the sperm donor be prepared to pay for a very costly attorney, such cases take years to a final ruling.

Sperm Donor = NO!

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/law-endin ... -1.4037508
Law ending sperm donor secrecy helps Australian find her dad
The state of NY is very clear about sperm donors not being able to be targeted for child support purposes so long as they are donating sperm through an approved medical sperm donation agency. I'd be fine with people coming to find out who I was 18 years down the line. And the majority of couples that require donor services are heterosexual couples in which the male has fertility issues, which is far more prevalent than most people talk about. There are more infertile males than there are lesbians in the country many times over. I'm giving couples a chance to have a child with decent genes, which is an honor and a privilege.
Nailer
Freshman Poster

Post by Nailer »

HouseMD wrote:
October 22nd, 2018, 6:27 am
Nailer wrote:
Muscle cars are specifically not sports cars, they are meant for straight line performance. Modern takes from Detroit have quite different characteristics than classic muscle cars, however. Hop behind the wheel of one of the new Shelby Mustangs with magnaride and tell me it is tuned terribly :roll:

The Camaro and Mustang are no longer muscle cars though, they are pony cars at this point, with the Challenger being the last true muscle car.
I have driven a recent model mustang a few years ago, and it was fun, but it was like driving a tank. I am curious try the latest one with some low-profile tires. I have to admit, they are a fun car.
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

Nailer wrote:
October 22nd, 2018, 12:51 pm
HouseMD wrote:
October 22nd, 2018, 6:27 am
Nailer wrote:

I have driven a recent model mustang a few years ago, and it was fun, but it was like driving a tank. I am curious try the latest one with some low-profile tires. I have to admit, they are a fun car.
Try test driving one of the new GT350s or the GT500. They massively improved the suspension and handling in the last two model years to the point that they don't even feel like the same car. All that being said, the ride should feel rough in sport mode, as stiffer suspension keeps your tires on the road
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

HouseMD wrote:
October 22nd, 2018, 6:37 am
Moretorque wrote:

The Corvette was always considered a true sports car, not a muscle car. It'll grab eyes to this day. Hell, basically any Corvette will even currently. They're a slight upgrade in the "making panties wet" category than my current car, which has pretty solid sex appeal already. For real sex appeal you've got to go Italian though, Ferraris, Lambos, and to a much lesser extent Porsches really grab most women's attention.

I just want the feel of a naturally aspirated V8 though, so my humble Detroit machine is more than enough
I agree on the Italian stuff for sure, the old DOC doesn't need a car to get ladies wet being equipped as he is :wink: What is it about normally aspirated ? I was reading other guys who felt the same way and said as a track car it was the way to go. Do turbos and SC come on to hard ?

Have you ever seen Sal Patels Viper ? This is a matching serial # car. The old Viper steel blocks can be built to the moon. This car was the first independent supension car into the 6's and it just set a RWD record in the 1/2 mile.

Anybody can put a Pro Mod motor in a car and call it strret legal but this guy's car is real down too matching #'s. I wasn't such a Viper fan till I saw what this guy had done with a real Viper.
Time to Hide!
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

Moretorque wrote:
October 23rd, 2018, 4:20 am
HouseMD wrote:
October 22nd, 2018, 6:37 am
Moretorque wrote:

I agree on the Italian stuff for sure, the old DOC doesn't need a car to get ladies wet being equipped as he is :wink: What is it about normally aspirated ? I was reading other guys who felt the same way and said as a track car it was the way to go. Do turbos and SC come on to hard ?

Have you ever seen Sal Patels Viper ? This is a matching serial # car. The old Viper steel blocks can be built to the moon. This car was the first independent supension car into the 6's and it just set a RWD record in the 1/2 mile.

Anybody can put a Pro Mod motor in a car and call it strret legal but this guy's car is real down too matching #'s. I wasn't such a Viper fan till I saw what this guy had done with a real Viper.
Vipers are fast but they have the build quality and comfort of something assembled by a child that is meant to look and be fast. I don't know if you've ever sat in a Viper, but they're cramped (we're talking difficult to sit in for more than an hour or two cramped), feel cheap as all hell (original gen had the same removable plastic windows you see on Jeeps, for example), the suspension is awful, and they have horrific ground clearance so you're risking damaging your front bumper damn near every time you get off the street. All that being said I love the Viper, but it's classic Mopar in the sense that they just built an engine and then everything else was an afterthought, which makes it horrible for driving around with any regularity.

I just really hate the sound of superchargers and the way that turbos affect the powerband unevenly, even if you have a twin setup. Sound is incredibly important to the driving experience and I just hate hearing a jet engine screaming from the other side of my firewall, I just want to hear the rumble of my exhaust.