Christmas Holidays

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Kradmelder
Experienced Poster

Christmas Holidays

Post by Kradmelder »

Christmas and summer holidays coming up in SA and already most of the nation is in shut down mode, with most people leaving on Friday. We officially close the 16th December, a public holiday, the Day of the Vow, the day to give thanks to God for 475 Boers being attacked by 20 000 zulus and winning 3000 to 5 (Battle of Blood river):lol: . That is after the darkies killed a few 100 white women and children in their sleep (Weneen) while they were thanking white men for returning 10 000 cattle whites returned which other darkies had stolen and offering whites land in exchange.

I dont have the kids this christmas, we alternate, but have them until the 22 december, and after christmas until the 2nd January. Schools and exams ended over a week ago. We dont go anywhere christmas as it is too busy, and rather take holidays at another time. Besides, my daughter just had an Op for a sports injury so is in a sling for 6 weeks, so we can't do much. I guess we will have our traditional Turkey dinner on the 27th or Old Years Eve (where you don't want to go out due to all the drunks and false cheer), and lots of braais. Temperature is usually high 30s so who wants to be indoors.

On the 3rd Jan I leave for my bi-annual bike trip of 4000-5000 km of dirt, this time across the karoo desert, southern cape mountains and eastern cape. I only have to be back at work mid Jan. I will probably squeeze in a few more day or 2 day trips as well. So it is sun, pool, braais, riding and drinking for me :D . And trying to squeeze in a few pomps with the mistress in between :lol:

I guess the northern hemisphere is suffering cold, only a few days off, darkness, shovelling snow, chipping ice, false BS coca cola 'santa claus' ,plastic material christmas, jew owned shops trying to sell you shit and greeting cards, McTurkey, and PC Happy holidays instead of merry CHRISTmas so as not ot offend jews and muzzies :lol:

Be blessed all.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Zambales
Experienced Poster

Re: Christmas Holidays

Post by Zambales »

I'd be quite happy to see Fraudmas eradicated from the calandar but that's not going to happen.

Extra time off is nice but everything else about it - even New Year, is tedious. Same shit. Different year.

You hear about people drowning in debt by spending too much and then having to pay it off for the next 12 months. A vicious circle that seemingly they're unable to break free from.
Kradmelder
Experienced Poster

Re: Christmas Holidays

Post by Kradmelder »

Zambales wrote:I'd be quite happy to see Fraudmas eradicated from the calandar but that's not going to happen.

Extra time off is nice but everything else about it - even New Year, is tedious. Same shit. Different year.

You hear about people drowning in debt by spending too much and then having to pay it off for the next 12 months. A vicious circle that seemingly they're unable to break free from.
We don't do the commercial Christmas thing. Just church, Christmas meal, and sometimes caroles. What does shopping have to do with the meaning of Christmas?

Old years eve drunkenness I have no time for. I'm usually asleep before midnight.