Slow Death Through Loneliness

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on October 28th, 2016, 3:22 am, edited 2 times in total.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Slow Death Through Loneliness

Post by MarcosZeitola »

Ghost wrote:I am serious with her. I'm not going to ask her to give up her career without marrying her first. I don't believe in women having careers - she's sending much of her money home to her family (as per most balikbayan) so isn't leading a sex-and-the-city lifestyle; this is why I can accept it for now. I did, of course, ask her to give up her chance to go to the U.S. with her company. (My fear there is that such things will be like fighting a hydra, which is why after marriage the solution is to stab the hydra in the heart - no more career.)

For now, the idea is for me to teach in SIngapore while we save money for a year or two, then we go to Philippines. From there, we have some options. She has already done some businesses in the past, has a condo, etc. I have told her in certain terms I would only marry her under Philippine law, and that marrying under U.S. jurisdiction will never happen. I love her, but I'm not stupid.
Sounds like a good plan. You seem to have the hydra at bay. With my wife, I am glad she did not insist on having a career too. She wanted it, at some point, but her focus shifted towards running the household and motherhood the moment she gave birth. Now, while still taking care of the household and our growing family, she has found several things she can enjoy while at home; practice her creative writing skills, learn a foreign language. She is not sitting still, but she is also not giving away the best years of her life to a corporation - everything she does, now, will be to the benefit of our family. The same with me. This is how it should be, in an ideal world.

A business is a good plan, but you have to research it very well and know the people you work with and invest in very, very well. When you are there, do not make the mistake many Americans abroad make and obsess over your "independence" from in-laws; cherish them, and make use of their service as free babysitters when the time comes Little Ghost arrives, which I am sure is the main point of your little lovequest. If her family is far, get a help. There's some good ones who can run your household for 4000 peso a month, including eating at your table and sleeping in your house. As your help takes care of the house, you and future Mrs. Ghost can run your business.

If you ever work abroad, together with your wife, make sure to save up and invest well. Ask her to limit the money she sends her parents and siblings, at least for a few years. Once you have saved enough and your own business is up and going, her family can get their share; she's never going to compromise on that, unless you somehow arrange for another one of her siblings to go abroad. Might not be a bad idea, to get one of her siblings abroad in any case; it takes the pressure off your girlfriend to be the provider of the family. Makes someone else "the great brown hope". You have to navigate this well, and if you do things will be easy. It's vitally important you get along with her family, at any level. If they are on your side, they will walk through fire for you in my experience. Especially when you are the one who helped bring them greater prosperity, and if not that, then at least the bragging rights of beautiful pale, "tall-nosed" grandchildren.
On "Faux-Tradionalists" and why they're heading nowhere: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=37&t=29144
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on October 28th, 2016, 3:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

Ghost, are congratulations in order yet on this development? Like I said before, you've been out there making things happen in real life, and while the outcome may not always have been pleasant, your long-term success was always guaranteed, given your approach.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

-----
Last edited by Ghost on October 28th, 2016, 3:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on October 28th, 2016, 3:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
MattHanson1990
Junior Poster

Post by MattHanson1990 »

Last edited by MattHanson1990 on May 8th, 2017, 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MattHanson1990
Junior Poster

Post by MattHanson1990 »

Last edited by MattHanson1990 on May 8th, 2017, 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

retiredfrank wrote:And you, sir, are White Knighting. Let him ruin her career, then get her pregnant, then dump her because of some trivial disobedience, so that she's really ruined. You just know he's the type to do that, and all his professed morality is a scheme by his subconscious to lure innocent women to their doom. Subconscious, I wrote, because I do not believe Ghost is consciously devious or hypocritical.

Once she's ruined, she'll be fair game for the sugar daddies like me. (I'm not interested in Philippines right now, but that might change someday.) Licking my chops just thinking about it.
So you "lick your chops" thinking about Ghost impregnating a woman, ruining her, and you then stepping in and sugar daddy'ing her? Because that kind of sounds like some sort of twisted cuckolding fantasy to me - you wait for Ghost to knock the girl up, leave her, and then you go for her.

Why not, I dunno, go for her first? Boldly go where no man has gone before?

Where's your inner Neil Armstrong man? :lol:
On "Faux-Tradionalists" and why they're heading nowhere: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=37&t=29144
Shemp
Experienced Poster

Post by Shemp »

MarcosZeitola wrote:
retiredfrank wrote:And you, sir, are White Knighting. Let him ruin her career, then get her pregnant, then dump her because of some trivial disobedience, so that she's really ruined. You just know he's the type to do that, and all his professed morality is a scheme by his subconscious to lure innocent women to their doom. Subconscious, I wrote, because I do not believe Ghost is consciously devious or hypocritical.

Once she's ruined, she'll be fair game for the sugar daddies like me. (I'm not interested in Philippines right now, but that might change someday.) Licking my chops just thinking about it.
So you "lick your chops" thinking about Ghost impregnating a woman, ruining her, and you then stepping in and sugar daddy'ing her? Because that kind of sounds like some sort of twisted cuckolding fantasy to me - you wait for Ghost to knock the girl up, leave her, and then you go for her.

I wasn't really thinking about the girl, now or in the future, when I wrote that. I like to tease people sometimes. It's Ghost who interests me. He talks a lot about "churchian" women, but he reminds me of a "churchian" himself. Too many strict moral rules is almost always a cover for a man or woman planning to do something depraved. It's also clear to me Ghost and this girl won't make it together. When a man is having so many doubts like he is before marriage, and being so judgemental, something is definitely going to go wrong eventually. No hard feeling towards Ghost, but I'm selfish. It's always all about me, and what me is really licking his chops at is seeing if my intuition is right.

My inner Armstrong is more concerned with adventure travel, hiking and bicycle touring in remote places, than women. But not in the heat of summer, learned my lesson the hard way about that, which is why I hang out in Ukraine until the heat is over. No objection in principle to virgins, but I prefer divorcees in their 40's. Not that easy to get. My standards are high and few woman can follow me with the adventure travel. Easy to get 40 year old women interested in me, then they realize I won't stick around long, and so back off. Older women want commitment more than young ones, sadly. Lots of cowards and weaklings in this world, both men and women, worrying about the future too much and letting the precious present slip through their fingers. Time waits for no one.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on October 28th, 2016, 3:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on October 28th, 2016, 3:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
gnosis
Freshman Poster

Post by gnosis »

Ghost wrote:
MarcosZeitola wrote:So you "lick your chops" thinking about Ghost impregnating a woman, ruining her, and you then stepping in and sugar daddy'ing her? Because that kind of sounds like some sort of twisted cuckolding fantasy to me - you wait for Ghost to knock the girl up, leave her, and then you go for her.

He's a great representation of modern values: be completely selfish and live for pointless pleasure. Until it comes to your genes, legacy, and values. Then you should be a cuck. Well, I'll gladly cuck frank anytime.
retardedfrank's attitude is why I treat old men like shit.
Shemp
Experienced Poster

Post by Shemp »

Everyone is selfish, without exception. There stupid and smart and everything in-between forms of selfishness, that's the only variation between us.

As for propagating my precious genes, my favorite metaphor is pissing in the ocean so as to make it turn yellow. Laughably futile.
gnosis
Freshman Poster

Post by gnosis »

retiredfrank wrote:As for propagating my precious genes, my favorite metaphor is pissing in the ocean so as to make it turn yellow. Laughably futile.
Actually, I think it's great that you are not propagating your genes.