Medicinal Marijuana to be legalized in Philippines - Duterte

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Raja
Freshman Poster

Re: Medicinal Marijuana to be legalized in Philippines - Duterte

Post by Raja »

KAMEHAMEHA wrote:
November 15th, 2018, 1:24 pm
anngrant wrote:
November 6th, 2018, 6:44 am
Nice:) That means Filipino can grow marijuana for their personal use. Unfortunately marijuana is illegal in the state I live, nevertheless I end up with a couple of plants on my balcony every year and have never been bothered by the police. Just wanna give a try to new gelato seeds ( https://www.ncsm.nl/strain/gelato ). Any reviews on them?
Really? I'm in Baguio and I could just start growing potted plants of pot in my home and smoke privately and I won't get in trouble? I thought Philippines was really harsh on weed
No the Philippines congress has not passed on medical marijuana. Just as with divorce President Duterte said what he supported during campaign but despite his international reputation he is not a dictator whose word is law, he is not even a Marcos. So while you might be too small for PDEA to go after as a foreigner you would make a good example for showing that the President's position or not the Philippines is still tough on marijuana
minuka
Freshman Poster

Post by minuka »

Well that is good, cause marijuana and hard drugs like heroin or meth are not the same. Why punish weed smokers?
Mr Natural
Freshman Poster

Post by Mr Natural »

tom wrote:
December 24th, 2018, 5:01 pm
Is there any local political advantage to being tolerant to weed in the Philippines?
Not sure this counts as political, but it would be a step toward general legalization which would be a boom for them economically. Just leaving it medicinal would be too, lots of foreigners would look upon that as a plus when considering where to retire. The money being made in places where its legalized ls hard to ignore and its really just a matter of time, although I do agree that its probably going to be years before happening.
Everybody has a plan til they get punched in the mouth
Mike Tyson
Raja
Freshman Poster

Post by Raja »

A law has passed a House of Representatives vote. President Duterte has supported the proposed law while campaigning and former President GMA may give testimony of using it when she travels abroad but it is still not the law