Thinking of moving

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Thinking of moving

Post by Cornfed »

Since I may be able to earn a living over the Internet for a while, touch wood, I thought I would take the chance to move. I am currently living where I grew up, which would be a paradise if only most of the people here were chained together and dumped into the sea. The question is where to move. Big cities are out of the question since there is only one I'm acquainted with and it is a diversity hellhole. Hence I have narrowed it down to these options:

1. A small resort town near here which is nice, where everything is within walking distance and has a vibrant social scene because of all the tourists. A relatively small price gradient and highway travel time keeps out most of the dirtbags. It is where I was hoping to move in this thread:
http://www.happierabroad.com/forum/view ... =3&t=27559

2. A small university city I was once very familiar with. Plenty of recent Asian and other female arrivals there, a good social scene and nice aesthetics. It has been a few years since I was there. I don't quite know what it is like now, but I imagine it is still good.

3. An isolated town in the middle of nowhere (well, on a main highway, but 1hr drive from a reasonable-sized town in one direction, and 2hrs from a city in the other). In the mountains, on the verge of great hunting, fishing blah blah. Nothing going for it economically, but where people have restarted a small community. This would be less convenient , but the idea of moving there would be to try to bond with the community, attract a wife from outside and have a plan to retreat (further) into the wilderness if everything turned to crap, as would seem likely.

Thoughts?

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

starchild5
Veteran Poster

Re: Thinking of moving

Post by starchild5 »

Thailand....Since you working online, You can join communities in bangkok or Chiang Mai..Digital Nomad is a growing movement..You will be guided along the way...Google Digital Nomad Chiang mai
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

starchild5 wrote:Thailand....Since you working online, You can join communities in bangkok or Chiang Mai..Digital Nomad is a growing movement..You will be guided along the way...Google Digital Nomad Chiang mai
Yeah, I considered moving overseas, but for various reasons, not at this time.
gnosis
Freshman Poster

Post by gnosis »

I think you should visit the university city. If it's still good, move there. That's where the FOB Asian and maybe European girls will be. Alternatively, the resort town sounds nice.

At this point in your life, I think moving to an isolated town in the middle of nowhere is not a good idea. You should wait on that. It does sound attractive, but the reality is that you will probably be bored and there won't be any women. Getting a woman to move out there with you may be harder than anticipated. Maybe better to get a girl first and then move with her to the isolated town.
The_Adventurer
Experienced Poster

Post by The_Adventurer »

I think it depends on if your online endeavour is something you truly WANT to do or not. If it is just something you happened upon, which can pay the bills, then hit the resort town. Tourism can lead to a lot of fun as people are more carefree when away from the prying eyes of people who know them.

If however your online thing is really "your thing", then you should move to the isolated town. It would probably be cheaper, making it less risky if your online income has ups and downs, and you could focus on building your own little empire.
“Booty is so strong that there are dudes willing to blow themselves up for the highly unlikely possibility of booty in another dimension." -- Joe Rogan
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Thanks for the current replies. I want to bump this thread because I am going to actually move in the next three weeks or so. Any advice to think about would be good.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

gnosis wrote:I think you should visit the university city. If it's still good, move there.
The thing is, I will have to stay in the central city for a while. The problem is if they remember me. God, I hope not. Eight years. Is that enough time to forgive and forget?
gnosis
Freshman Poster

Post by gnosis »

Cornfed wrote:
gnosis wrote:I think you should visit the university city. If it's still good, move there.
The thing is, I will have to stay in the central city for a while. The problem is if they remember me. God, I hope not. Eight years. Is that enough time to forgive and forget?
Unless you made a really bad impression, I think it won't be a problem. People move on.
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

Go to the mountains. Surround yourself with wilderness. That way, even if you fail to find a wife and end up dying alone after all, at least you will die breathing fresh air and surrounded by a beautiful environment. It beats the lives of those who stay inside instead. Go way out there, it's worth a shot. Maybe you'll have your place in a nice little isolated community, maybe not. Either way it's the type of place your views would be most accepted by people.

What is your age, anyway? So that I know what timeframe you're aiming for.
On "Faux-Tradionalists" and why they're heading nowhere: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=37&t=29144
gnosis
Freshman Poster

Post by gnosis »

MarcosZeitola wrote:Go to the mountains. Surround yourself with wilderness. That way, even if you fail to find a wife and end up dying alone after all...
Inspiring stuff.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on December 17th, 2019, 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Ghost wrote:The first one sounds the best to me. Living with everything within walking distance would make life more pleasant, assuming you're coming from the suburbs.
I live in the suburbs and believe me you have to drive EVERYWHERE. Also, in the suburbs everyone hides in their houses and nobody knows who their neighbors are. There is nothing to do and it's lonely as hell living in the 'burbs' and it's all married people out here.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlYP8-3TrOA[/youtube]
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."