Teaching English?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
zacb
Experienced Poster

Teaching English?

Post by zacb »

I have looked into owning property as a way of getting out of the grind, but atm it is out of the question. So it seems like the only way to get out of the USSA is to finishing my college (have three years in, just need to do a year or two more of classes and I should be set). Once I get that I could teach English (I am working on my TESOL certification online), which I am mainly thinking Taiwan or China. Do any of you have experience with this, and how is the racism in those two countries? Thanks.
The Daily Agorist, Learn to Live Independent of the System! http://www.theagoristreview.blogspot.com
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on December 17th, 2019, 10:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
zacb
Experienced Poster

Re: Teaching English?

Post by zacb »

Well the two places I was thinking was Taiwan (pay and location to other SEA countries), whereas China has more business opportunities and would look good on a resume. I have an African GF, so why racism is a concern. I also want to break out of the matrix so to speak, since I live in Northern Michigan, and it seems like there is no way forward (outside politics). I still intend to run for office and serve one term. Thus if I ever decide to come back, I will have some experience. But I feel like teaching English will open many opportunities. Korea is out because of racism and the hardness to integrate, Vietnam because of pay, Thailand because of the same reasons as Korea, and others because Asia see,s to be where it is at. So China or Taiwan seem like the best option. Also Taiwanese culture seems like I would fit in. Highest usage % of glasses in the world, lots of convenience stores, a lot of book stores, access to nature, and access to technology. I like the idea of China on account of their open markets and the grunge feel that we don't have here in the US. In addition I love the architecture and business opportunities. So I feel like either one would fit some needs, I am just not sure which one I want yet.
The Daily Agorist, Learn to Live Independent of the System! http://www.theagoristreview.blogspot.com
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on December 17th, 2019, 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Re: Teaching English?

Post by xiongmao »

Another way is to get a profession then find a company with offices overseas and put in a transfer. Good careers for this are IT, sales, finance and construction. My new company is in sales, and they're bemoaning the fact that nobody wants to go into this anymore, millennials just want to go into media and stuff.

The advantage of this plan is you can earn $$$$$ home or abroad. Plus you get to live overseas on your home salary (well I hope).

Well I am working on this plan right now.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.