What is your monthly income?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
tamdrin12
Freshman Poster

Re: What is your monthly income?

Post by tamdrin12 »

I'm living in northern Thailand where things are pretty cheap and I'm only making approximately $900 USD per month teaching English. I started an online store (check link in my signature) to make some extra money, hoping to make an extra $500 a month if possible. Any of you kind fellas wanna check out my store and support my cause? :)

I'm happy to take suggestions for items you want to see there is a lot of cool stuff and reasonably priced here in northern Thailand.
Been living abroad for 4 years now. India, Nepal, Taiwan, and Thailand. Currently in Thailand teaching English as my bread and butter.

Check out my online store featuring cool jewelry and items at very reasonable prices from Thailand!

http://thailand-treasures.myshopify.com/collections/all
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on January 20th, 2020, 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Johnny1975
Experienced Poster

Post by Johnny1975 »

My income is zero. I'm so envious of you lot, I could rip my hair out.

OutWest
Veteran Poster

Post by OutWest »

Ghost wrote:Well, there's another. So we're up to 5 or 6 of us who have told our income. I wonder why Tsar thinks it's so strange or terrible to post your income online (especially given anonymity.) I think it was because he just wanted to "get" me on something, anything. Yet another fail.

Maybe he will work up the courage to leave the little shithole of Rhode island , one of the worst economies in the USA.

Income? Not exactly sure. We spend about 2500 a month in the Philippines and we are very comfortable, with no rent or house payment. When in Oregon, we spend about $4000 monthly. We have an old farmhouse with no mortgage, so that helps lot. Anything else, we don't spend, or it remains within an llc for other purposes, undistributed as income to members.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

I guess I'm bringing in around $6500 a month now. Feels good man. Most of that is from my C#/SQL job, but I work my investments very hard and I also make some money online (but not as much as I used to).

I now work in the City of London which is the #1 financial centre in the World (sorry Wall Street!). Well, whatever, because London is the undisputed #1 place for insurance, which is what I now work in. I credit my CELTA with giving me the confidence to pass interviews that in the past I would have flopped.

On the plus side my job is interesting, there are amazing places to grab lunch and the place is absolutely full of attractive alpha females. On the downside, well you can pay $10 just for a bowl of salad and I've been out of my room for nearly 12 hours a day every single day this week.

Still, if anyone is geekily obsessive but doesn't want to cut code, then insurance is a good thing to get into - you don't need a degree either. #1 quality is you have to learn from your mistakes. If you're more outgoing then you might do better in the sales side of the business.

Well life is good right now, but I'm under no illusions that I won't be able to do this forever, and when my job comes to its natural end I'll go somewhere and teach something.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

OutWest wrote:
Ghost wrote:Well, there's another. So we're up to 5 or 6 of us who have told our income. I wonder why Tsar thinks it's so strange or terrible to post your income online (especially given anonymity.) I think it was because he just wanted to "get" me on something, anything. Yet another fail.
Maybe he will work up the courage to leave the little shithole of Rhode island , one of the worst economies in the USA.
Much of R.I. is striking distance of the greater Boston area, at least the south shore region, which is one of the decent northeast economies, as well as the CT shore.

And given the fact that MA companies, like Fidelity, etc, have moved offices there and so forth, R.I. isn't the same economic shithole as it was in prior years. Even in the past couple of years, I'd heard from companies in Woonsocket, Cranston, and Providence. The place isn't northern Idaho by any stretch of the imagination.
Many years ago, the Best Picture of 1999, "American Beauty", telegraphed the message of Happier Abroad to the world.

Beware of long term engagements with AWs, you may find yourself in a coffin.

AB discussion thread

BTW, despite settling down with an AW, myself, the warning is still in effect.
skater
Freshman Poster

Post by skater »

I make a little less than $1100 semimonthly.

But I'm a moron who spends like there's no tomorrow on clothes and clubben.

I need to get my finances in order if I ever wanna go abroad.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

After all the taxes are paid- around $5670 and then there is a 401K that puts another $425 into my account at the end of the month. So, $6K before the expenses. A bonus of $3600 at the end of the year, too.
After I pay the mortgage and insurance and car payments and all the other bills- I'd say I'm left with some $3200-$3500 disposable income.
Not bad, but could do better.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
Devon
Freshman Poster

Post by Devon »

I have a similar income to Ladislav: in US dollars I earn $5388 per month after taxes plus I receive $225 per month as a 401K contribution. No juicy bonus for me at the end of the year, however. My income used to be about 20% higher in USD terms but the AUS $ depreciated sharply against the USD about four months ago.

I also get $900 per month from investments, mostly dividend paying stocks and some fixed interest.

My disposal income is pretty low as I make pretty steep mortgage payments.
tamdrin12
Freshman Poster

Post by tamdrin12 »

ladislav wrote:After all the taxes are paid- around $5670 and then there is a 401K that puts another $425 into my account at the end of the month. So, $6K before the expenses. A bonus of $3600 at the end of the year, too.
After I pay the mortgage and insurance and car payments and all the other bills- I'd say I'm left with some $3200-$3500 disposable income.
Not bad, but could do better.

Ladislav, I'm guessing your not teaching English anymore if your making that kind of salary, unless your in Saudi. So what are you doing? Congrats.. that is a lot of money if you are living in Asia.
Been living abroad for 4 years now. India, Nepal, Taiwan, and Thailand. Currently in Thailand teaching English as my bread and butter.

Check out my online store featuring cool jewelry and items at very reasonable prices from Thailand!

http://thailand-treasures.myshopify.com/collections/all
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

.[/quote]Ladislav, I'm guessing your not teaching English anymore if your making that kind of salary, unless your in Saudi. So what are you doing? Congrats.. that is a lot of money if you are living in Asia.[/quote]

Well, I am in Saudi now and yes, I am "training" English- and it's military English- although the company is American, and we are paid from the US. I am on a business visa here as a consultant. We get 6 weeks vacations a year, so this is how I can fly out to Moldova, Phils and UA. When I was in the US, I worked on a Saudi related job, too.

I also have a couple of houses which I rent out and they give me some income. Gross is like $2200, net is a bit over $500. Not a lot but it's also an investment that appreciates ( hopefully). If I raise the rent, I may get over 800 in rent a month net- which one can live on in the Phils if needed. Or even in UA.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
Seeker
Freshman Poster

Post by Seeker »

Around $3000 after tax plus free housing and a bonus. I live in China for now. Hopefully I can get $4000 next year with my next job.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on January 20th, 2020, 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nomadphilippines
Freshman Poster

Post by nomadphilippines »

i will post mine if ghost will quit trolling every post i make accusing me of being some former poster on this site that i have zero knowledge of
avid follower of site about travel and girls https://guysnightlife.com
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on January 20th, 2020, 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.